Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Tell that to the bomb squad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Bomb_Suit Not that Gus could have been wearing something that substantial.
    Got me.

I should have said "a kevlar vest" doesn't protect against explosions.

And even the mighty ABS can only take so much pressure.

another season, really? that episode, with a proper ending, should have done it.

crab in my shoe mouth

does next season start next week?

crazy stuff....getting pretty unbelievable, but still top notch entertainment. how does the plant in walt's yard end up in the kids belly?

and the scene where they bring in walt to interview hector
    suck my
    fuc........loved it!
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post

That scene of Gus walking out of Hector's room post explosion - and you're thinking, "holy balls, he fucking survived?" then the pan and Gus's drop to the floor just took my breath away.
    I think its pretty obvious we'll see a zombie gus in the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    It makes way more sense that Walt poisoned Brock than if Gus did.

It's up in the air as to how Walt did it.
    Walts response when Jesse told him the kid was going to make it pretty much sealed this for me. Walt seemed unsurprised because he was fully aware what the kid's problem had been the whole time. Still not as cold blooded as poisoning him with a poison that would surely kill the kid though.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

That scene of Gus walking out of Hector's room post explosion - and you're thinking, "holy balls, he fucking survived?" then the pan and Gus's drop to the floor just took my breath away.
    yeah, that's going to go down as a greatest moment in tv. that was right up to the line of absurdity. really felt like it should have been the final episode ever. next season is going to have a hard time topping that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Unfortunately that kind of explosion wouldn't result in that kind of trauma. Gus would have to have fairly firm jelly in his veins instead of blood to take one step.
    It's TV. And entertaining. My dad used to say that in order to be properly entertained by movies or television one must engage in 'suspension of disbelief'. Doesn't always have to be perfectly real for me.

And why would Walt poison Brock? Did I miss the motivation somewhere? Walt's become awfully icy-veined but he's not an indiscriminate killer.

I'll party poop with Jer a little bit. I would really like to know how Walt got Brock the berries and how the ricin cig disappeared from Jesse's pack. Those are two very loose ends. I also found Walts new found special ops skills a bit ridiculous (the house/crawlspace scene, sneaking into the laundry and taking out two of Gus' men). Finally, Gus was running a huge operation. I have a hard time believing he could wax Gus and the whole thing instantly disintegrates while he and Jesse just walk away. Maybe next season will feature Mike hunting down Walt?

All that said, still a brilliant show and a great episode. I have no idea where they are going to go next season.

edit: I'm a little bummed we never got more of Gus' backstory.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 10-11-2011 at 04:14 PM.

And why would Walt poison Brock? Did I miss the motivation somewhere? Walt's become awfully icy-veined but he's not an indiscriminate killer.
    He needed Jesse in order to get close to Gus. He knew if he convinced Jesse that Gus was responsible Jesse would turn on Gus. It's unlikely Walt wanted Brock to die (and probably knew how many berries to give him so that he would get really sick but be unlikely to die), but at this point I am not sure how remorseful he would have been if he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    He needed Jesse in order to get close to Gus. He knew if he convinced Jesse that Gus was responsible Jesse would turn on Gus. It's unlikely Walt wanted Brock to die (and probably knew how many berries to give him so that he would get really sick but be unlikely to die), but at this point I am not sure how remorseful he would have been if he had.
    Remember the theme of this show is Walt's transformation from nerdy , underachiever , middle class, suburban teacher into bad ass who will do whatever it takes to protect his family. He is highly intelligent and has found that he is willing to some bad bad shit.... kill if necessary to protect himself and them. Walt gave the boy the seeds to turn Jesse against Gus. I suspect the next years episodes will be about Walt's attempts at redemption and to make everything right.
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman50 View Post
    I suspect the next years episodes will be about Walt's attempts at redemption and to make everything right.
    I don't see what Walt could possibly do to make everything right. I have no idea where next season is going to go but I don't think it will be that.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think its pretty obvious we'll see a zombie gus in the next season.
    For a moment, I thought Gus had survived the blast. Then I saw his face and I thought: It's Two Face from the Batman movie "The Dark Knight" and he's gonna survive as a hideous monster. Then thud. Glad they didn't go the same route as the Batman movie.

the writers for this show deserve some sort of prize. DTM- they have a tendency to wrap up loose ends in future episodes, I've noticed. I have a feeling it will be addressed.... next.fucking.year.

Quote Originally Posted by pointedem View Post
    DTM- they have a tendency to wrap up loose ends in future episodes, I've noticed. I have a feeling it will be addressed.... next.fucking.year.
    Good point. I kind of forgot about all the flashback scenes they did at the beginning of the last two seasons.

is it believable that walt is going to get away with the bombing? plenty of people saw him at the retirement home multiple times. i'm sure forensic evidence is gone but they can connect the dots.

also, hank is really putting the pieces together. just a matter of time.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    i'm sure forensic evidence is gone but they can connect the dots.
    You'd be surprised how much remains of a bomb after it goes off. Generally a considerable amount of evidence remains. It may not make much difference though, I think the blast will be assumed to be the work of the cartel and may not get the scrutiny it would otherwise. However, if Walt was captured on a security camera going in and out of Hector's room repeatedly that will raise some serious questions.

I don't believe he suspects Walt of anything except being a huge putz. If Walt shows up on security camera footage from the nursing home though things may crystallize in a hurry. I also wonder if Gus' computers were recording any of what the laundry cameras filmed....

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman50 View Post
    I suspect the next years episodes will be about Walt's attempts at redemption and to make everything right.
    Thats a possibility, but I bet instead its walts downfall. He'll end up dead in prison or at least broke and on the run before the series is over is my thought.

is it believable that walt is going to get away with the bombing? plenty of people saw him at the retirement home multiple times. i'm sure forensic evidence is gone but they can connect the dots.

Well no one at the home knew who he was, so all you got is a description. A description that happens to match Heisenberg however, so hank might start connecting dots.

Also, I gottta say that the scene where skyler was talking to walt asking him if the bomb was his in hanks house not 10 feet from them seemed a little silly to me.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

My guess is Walt is going to have to answer to that multi-national corporation that seems to be funding this whole operation.

Damn, I got on this train late. I just finished the third season on netflix. This is the best show on TV. What season is the show on now? What dvd sets are available and does anybody know where I can stream old episodes?
    Keep your tips up and always remember to unhook your pack from the chair...

Thanks so much. I just couldn't stop with that cliffhanger.
    Keep your tips up and always remember to unhook your pack from the chair...

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    my impression was that Gus didn't poison Brock - he seemed to do a 180 when he found out about the poisoning (although I can see how that alone doesn't mean he wasn't involved)

what if Walt poisoned Brock knowing that it would then force Jesse to confront him - which then Walt could use to turn Jesse back to his side (by convincing him that it had to be Gus behind the poisoning)?

what if Gus realised all of this on his walk back to the car and became suspicious that Jesse and Walt were now plotting to kill him?

just brainstormin' here - might be the beer talking
    I don't want to pat myself on the back here....so why don't one of you guys do it for me

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I don't want to pat myself on the back here....so why don't one of you guys do it for me
    Here, you can bro-fist yourself

Reading the episode recaps it looks like there may be an easy explanation for the cig disappearing: Walt got Saul in on his plot to some degree and Huell swapped his pack when he frisked him at Saul's office. It doesn't explain how Walt got Brock the berries, but Saul could theoretically have been involved in that somehow too. When Saul was clearing out cash he may have made a final delivery to Andrea which could have given an opportunity to Walt.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Thats a possibility, but I bet instead its walts downfall. He'll end up dead in prison or at least broke and on the run before the series is over is my thought.
    Back at the scene of Max's death Don Eladio tells Gus something like "You are only still alive because I know who you really are." I wonder if next season could end with Walt seemingly have "won" again, only to get popped (or even colder, his family) by people connected to Gus who even Don Eladio feared. A little far-fetched, but I can't see there being no consequences to killing Gus.

My guess...someone is going to be pissed that Gus is gone. Maybe higher up on the ladder, maybe lower. Who ever was getting those batches that Walt and Jesse were cooking is not going to be in a cordial mood.
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

I'd be happy if it ended here. But too many loose ends.....

For two seasons we've had real bad guys (the twins, then Gus). I don't think that we'll go in that direction again. I think the next 16 episodes will be a cat and mouse with Walt, Hank, and Jesse. Mike....what does he care whether Gus is dead....he's a hired gun. It's all about complete personal destruction now. What is Walt willing to do, how many more lines will he cross, in the name of self preservation?

Maybe now that he isn't driving that Aztec anymore, maybe Skylar will start up with the surprise handjobs again.

next year will be about law enforcement. Hank will be more prominent.

i hope they find a creative way to kill Jr. and Skyler though.

my prediction is that walt and Jesse get arrested or dead. They are protagonists in the series but antagonists to society, so letting them "win" will be the ultimate in unrealistic IMO.