Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

aww shit, episode 1, season 3

those mexican boys are gonna be trouble. those boots were badass.

walt finds the one bear eye but loses it under the bed

"i'm not the bad guy"....is this how he thinks he'll break bad?

fkna this show is back!
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    "i'm not the bad guy"....is this how he thinks he'll break bad?
    Of course not. He's Walt WHITE.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Of course not. He's Walt WHITE.
    how do you mean? like white = good black = bad?
    You know what to do

Fuck.

I caught some episodes this weekend and got hooked. Now I have to try and get the first 2 seasons on DVD or something...

pounded out the first two seasons in about 2 weeks. Great show, the plane crash was a little weak IMO but other than that it was alright. I have to imagine Walt takes the big deal being offered to him (trying not to spoil it) then as usual there's a big snag in it.

El Pollo Hermano dude= The Godfather.
    He made an offer that couldn't be refused, and it was.
    Walt's family is in big trouble I have a feeling.

Watched it last night. Those twins are baaaad news, can't wait to find out who they work for and how much they know about Walt/Heisenberg. Not sure why they had to kill everyone in the truck.

Walt will be back at Pollos. Whether it's by force/blackmail or his own accord I'm not sure.

Pool scene was awesome, as was Hank and the crack about 500k in cash in the duffel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Watched it last night. Those twins are baaaad news, can't wait to find out who they work for and how much they know about Walt/Heisenberg. Not sure why they had to kill everyone in the truck.

Walt will be back at Pollos. Whether it's by force/blackmail or his own accord I'm not sure.

Pool scene was awesome, as was Hank and the crack about 500k in cash in the duffel.

I think maybe those twins don't work for anyone. I think them crawling in the beginning was them atoning for something, perhaps actions with their former employer, them changing clothes shows that they are now on the run, which explains why they had to kill everyone in the truck, the loudmouth kid recognized them as fugitives.

I these characters are going to fit into the story almost as a force of nature.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

The two dudes are like twin Anton Chigurhs. I don't think they're on the run from anyone.

Walt is going to work as a narc after his BIL figures it out. It will be in his favor as those dudes that just crossed the border will kill him if he dosne't end up accepting the fast food manager's offer of 3 million for 3 moths work.

Those dudes aren't on the run from anything. Them crawling in the beginning was some dia de los muertos shit.

That speech he gave in the school auditorium was hilarious- you can see the wheels of justification at work.

DTM- they had to kill everyone in the truck because that paint shop kid realized they were BadAss mexican gangbangers. No one could know that they were now in the US. When they cut to the boots, the kid realized he was a dead man.

Never knew the meaning behind his alias - 'Heisenberg'. Didn't realize 'Heisenberg' is a namesake of a principal in quantum mechanics. From Wiki:

"The Heisenberg uncertainty principle states that certain pairs of physical properties, like position and momentum, cannot both be known to arbitrary precision. That is, the more precisely one property is known, the less precisely the other can be known."

Quote Originally Posted by pointedem View Post
    DTM- they had to kill everyone in the truck because that paint shop kid realized they were BadAss mexican gangbangers. No one could know that they were now in the US. When they cut to the boots, the kid realized he was a dead man.
    Yeah, I got that the kid realized they were gangbangers when he saw the boots. I just seems more conspicuous to kill everyone and go walking through the desert without food and water than to have some random kid know that you are not who you appear to be. I am wondering if they had any intention of leaving anyone on that truck alive regardless, then the kid started running his mouth so they decided "no time like the present...." No way they are on the run. Someone told them there was information about their target (the sketch of Walt) at the temple. They crawled because everyone else was and/or to respect the holy site and not anger the gods before their mission.

I can't believe you didn't know the meaning behind his alias, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle is almost as well known as E=MC2. Using it was one of Walt's biggest mistakes early on, IMO. I'm sure it seemed clever when he thought of it, but between the alias, the stolen shit from his chemistry lab and the thermite Hank would have figured him out in the first season if he didn't consider Walt such a putz. I like your idea that he becomes a narc. Something is going to happen which finally crystallizes the whole thing in Hank's head, it's just a matter of what.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 03-26-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Burning season 1 to DVD while downloading season2....

Quote Originally Posted by pointedem View Post
    Walt is going to work as a narc after his BIL figures it out. It will be in his favor as those dudes that just crossed the border will kill him if he dosne't end up accepting the fast food manager's offer of 3 million for 3 moths work.

Those dudes aren't on the run from anything. Them crawling in the beginning was some dia de los muertos shit.
    Yea, do you know WHAT dia de los muertos shit? Do you know what that act signifies from a religious standpoint, in that, and many other religious rites around the world?

They were atoning for their sins.

Changing clothes and leaving behind their car = ditching clues, and possibly signifying a shift to a simpler life, which could be in line with the atoning for their sins bit.

I'm almost positive I'm right about at least some of this, no one else is seeing it?

How do you guys explain the crawling and changing clothes stuff then? And don't just say its some day of the dead shit and leave it at that, because its obviously important and in the beginging of the season premeir for a reason, other than just to introduce the charecters.

And yes, Hank has turned out to be incredibly block headed and dumb, but it sort of fits his character.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

for shows based on dealing drugs, breaking bad destroys weeds. at least the past few seasons of weeds.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Yea, do you know WHAT dia de los muertos shit? Do you know what that act signifies from a religious standpoint, in that, and many other religious rites around the world?

They were atoning for their sins.
    Makes sense. I thought they were paying respect to the dude(walt) they were gonna go assassinate.

Quote Originally Posted by lDantheman
    Can't believe you didn't know the meaning behind his alias, the Heisenberg uncertainty principle is almost as well known as E=MC2.
    lol watching this show is the most involved I've been with chemistry since 10th grade. Wasn't paying too much attention then

bump for show tonight...

Bump for a sick episode. Next week's sneak peek on AMC's website is real good. You see a different side of Gus in my opinion. As for Walt's son, I have a feeling he ends up working at Los Pollos, since his mother suggested he get a job. I loved Saul buying the house for Jesse. Curious to see what happens with him. Show keeps getting better and better and is the most unpredictable I have ever seen.

Changing clothes and leaving behind their car = ditching clues, and possibly signifying a shift to a simpler life, which could be in line with the atoning for their sins bit.
    I definitely see where you are coming from, but if they were really turning a new leaf and atoning for past sins I think the one twin would have ditched the skull boots and they would have been a little more hesitant to kill a dozen innocent people in cold blood.

I'm with Jer, they are dual Anton Chigurhs who are on a mission to find Heisenberg and either a) kill him; or b) kidnap him and haul him to a mexican superlab.

I don't think that they will necessarily be a major part of this season's plot just because it was the opening scene of the season. The opening scene of last season was the pink bear and we didn't get the skinny on that until the last episode. The backstory on the bear also ended up being something totally unexpected, I wouldn't be surprised to see that theme repeat so we are probably both wrong.

Somehow I missed it... who is the guy putting the cameras in Walt's house?

Goddammit! This is the only show I watch and I completely spaced it last night! How do I watch it on my computer? I'm a complete Luddite.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Somehow I missed it... who is the guy putting the cameras in Walt's house?
    That's Mike the PI working for Saul, trying to catch Skyler in the act on ratting on Walt's meth.

I can't tell which supporting actor I like better, Saul or Hank.

Don Pollo doesn't live the season through.

Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinner View Post
    Don Pollo doesn't live the season through.

Mark my words.
    marked

How do you guys explain the crawling and changing clothes stuff then? And don't just say its some day of the dead shit and leave it at that, because its obviously important and in the beginging of the season premeir for a reason, other than just to introduce the charecters.
    assassins don't cross the US border in $3000 suits and $60k cars, they had to ditch that shit and have a coyote take them across, looking like peasants. but homey never ditches them boots.

the crawling was a sign of respect for the deity they prayed to, the mysticism involved

so, Don Pollo is in with teh mexican mafia, he wants Walt to teach him to cook for $3mm, he finds out from his PI that the brothers Grimm are about to axe Walt, he calls it off

Skyler looks different this season, and it's not the yumyums shes busting this episode. A long cry from the HJ she threw down on Walt in ep 1, sea 1.

is the eye an "eye of innocence lost" watching him as he goes through his stages? the eye of the pink bear burnt and thrown from the sky? i dunno.
    You know what to do