Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It looks a bit spendy and I would worry about blowback when it goes off blowing my teeth out.

Is there a cheaper model that you can inflate yourself using the Avalung mouthpiece?
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Not as "clean" as a custom job, but certainly a lot quicker and less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by karteuser View Post
    Hi Kai,

I am thinking of integrating the stand alone avalung into the ABS vario pack.

You mentioned that

"Initially, I thought that I could just incorporate my existing Avalung into the pack, but after examining the BD Avalung packs, it became apparent that the pack avalung has some important differences compared with the stand alone avalung"...

I am just wondering whether there is anything that could come in the way combining stand alone avalung with vario ABS pack along the steps described in the link below?

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-co...k-273244/view/

Many thanks.

What about splicing the two together?

You could inflate the airbag via the snorkel on the avalung!

I'm guessing you'd be better off spending the time & effort on learning to avoid getting caught in an Avi... that said I've heard there are people working on a remote trigger for the ABS- that sounds like it makes a lot more sense than trying to deploy it yourself, or scrambling for the snorkel... sort of the avi equivalent of a belay.

Well, you'd wanna trust your partner wasn't a jackass who'd set it off on the lift for shits and giggles.

Anyone heard news of the ABS pack that BD is coming out with next year? I am guessing it would also incorporate both lung and airbag.

it would probably have both. but is it actually a fact that an airbag pack from bd is coming out next season?

Tech Talk you fucking jongs.

wait.... maybe Im the asshat here, and as has been stated "who doesnt want to improve survival chances?" BUT

isnt an ABS and Avalung on the same rig kinda oxymoronic? I mean, ABS is supposed to keep you on top while the Avalung lets you breath when you are underneath.

And good luck getting the bag deployed and the mouth piece in..... seems overdone for the fraction of second you have before going down.
    "The top of the mountain is just the start of the journey." - favorite mentor in skiing and life

now they are incorporating a mini grenade launcher so you can "clear" the slope before you drop in. then you can just wear yer A-BS and snorkle-lung to keep on keepin ya core, yo

oh, and the go-bro cam teletubby look finishes off the look perfectly......

rog

Why anyone would carry and abs pack and an avilung is beyond me... Seems like allot of extra weight If your going to be that redundant about your avi safety and that afraid of dying then sack up and assume the risk or dont ski avi prone terrain!

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    now they are incorporating a mini grenade launcher so you can "clear" the slope before you drop in. then you can just wear yer A-BS and snorkle-lung to keep on keepin ya core, yo

oh, and the go-bro cam teletubby look finishes off the look perfectly......

rog
    They're called telemarkers.

Then there's http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ear?highlight= which includes some commentary on avalung + airbag...