Landscape Architecture Grad schools in the Great White North

I'm curious if anyone knows of or has experience with LARC schools in British Columbia, or other places that have good skiing nearby? US Schools included, it just has to be a mountain town within an hour of lift served skiing.

I'd Google it but I like to get firsthand info from the experienced collective. I also know Canadians have different terminology for degrees and schools so I want be able to utilize the collectives real wold knowledge.

Thanks.

No, but we just hired one. It's the second day and she's hand drafting a 160 acre piece. No CAD skills. bwahahah

Is this normal?

She just hung up a sketch on the wall and I'm sooo tempted to tell her the refrigerator is over there. colored pencils...dubble bwaha

I have a friend at the LARC program at U of Idaho...too bad Moscow blows dead goats.

Had enough of Yuill, have ya?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCascader View Post
    No, but we just hired one. It's the second day and she's hand drafting a 160 acre piece. No CAD skills. bwahahah

Is this normal?

She just hung up a sketch on the wall and I'm sooo tempted to tell her the refrigerator is over there. colored pencils...dubble bwaha
    Wow, that is not normal in my expirience. they're usually skiiled at Illustrator at least. The group I work with has some skills...little GIS, some CADD, but mostely graphics programs like illustrator. However, they do sit there and draw shit with colored pencils.

Is there a reason why you are looking at Canada over the US? Ex-patriot'ing? Cuz like U of Ore has a decent LA program...I believe you can get a graduate degree there. U of Wash has a good one from what I've heard.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Montana State had a program for Landscape architecture I believe. Right on the Gallatin mountains...
    "She loved snow...That was the simple objective, being airborne, up longer, higher, more casually and with more fuckoff elegance than anyone else...Such endeavours require a kind of egotism, a near autistic narrowness. Everything conspires against you, the habits of physics, the impulse to flee and you're weighted down by every dollop of commonsense ever dished up. Everyone will tell you your goal is impossible, pointless, stupid, wasteful. This idiot resolve is all you have."
    -Tim Winton

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_ripper View Post
    Montana State had a program for Landscape architecture I believe. Right on the Gallatin mountains...
    nope just architecture, Bozo would be nice if they could cull the import herd some.

Yuill??? morgantown has alot of endearing qualities but I'm sick of winter without snow.

1) go to Cal Poly SLO
    2) party in beach-town atmosphere with hot chics from CA in bikinis
    3) graduate with LA degree from highly acclaimed school
    4) get sweet job in aforementioned mountain town of your choice and make $$$$ and ski for the rest of your life

http://www.larc.ubc.ca/
    http://www.sala.ubc.ca/

University of BC in Vancouver. I believe mags Atrain and Samwich, amongh others were (are?) students at UBC. I'm sure they could tell you nice things about the school
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.