Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Metal Skis with Full Tip and Tail Rocker?

What metal skis are there that have the following features-

-tip and tail rocker
    -metal the full length of the ski
    -small amount of camber or flat camber.

I'm aware of the Enforcer Free series. Is there anything else out there?

Black Crows Corvus

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Do Volkl's titanal frames count?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Black Crows Corvus

I could be wrong (probably wrong), but doesn’t the metal in the Corvus not span the entire length?

Metal Skis with Full Tip and Tail Rocker?

I think the 4frnt MSPs, J Skis Hotshot, and J Skis Masterblaster would also qualify. Not a ton of tail rocker on the MSPs, though.

Edit: adding the Sego Comp series and the Rossi Sender Squads

Blizzard rustler 9/10/11 more or less meet the criteria.

And the Cochise, and bodacious.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersTimbers503 View Post
    I could be wrong (probably wrong), but doesn’t the metal in the Corvus not span the entire length?
    It extends pretty far forward and back from the center. They’re really damp and stable

Less relevant, cuz it's not made anymore. But these: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	128045.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	446897

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I was looking for similar and ordered Enforcer 110's. I'll mount them later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersTimbers503 View Post
    I think the 4frnt MSPs, J Skis Hotshot, and J Skis Masterblaster would also qualify. Not a ton of tail rocker on the MSPs, though.

Edit: adding the Sego Comp series and the Rossi Sender Squads

Yup, I’d throw in the Fastforward from J too.
    I own the Hotshot and Masterblaster, both are badass, heavy, but in a good way.

Masterblasters and Hotshot/Metal don’t have full sheets, just a strip down the middle. Awesome skis for sure though.

i believe corvus has a single full sheet, but is more of a flat ski with some front rocker - not really a twin

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    Masterblasters and Hotshot/Metal don’t have full sheets, just a strip down the middle. Awesome skis for sure though.

i believe corvus has a single full sheet, but is more of a flat ski with some front rocker - not really a twin
    The question was about full length, width was not mentioned. While the metal doesn’t go all the way into the very ends, they fit the OP’s question the best.

The Hotshot has quite a bit of tip rocker. Not a ton of tail rocker.

I still say that the Enforcer (while it is a dad ski ) matches OP's wants pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by SacTo View Post
    The question was about full length, width was not mentioned. While the metal doesn’t go all the way into the very ends, they fit the OP’s question the best.
    lol, 38 post jong coming in with the heat. I think a fair reading is that the OP was looking for skis with full sheets of metal, but I certainly agree that J’s stuff is worthy of consideration. Softer and more playful than the enforcers.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    The Hotshot has quite a bit of tip rocker. Not a ton of tail rocker.

I still say that the Enforcer (while it is a dad ski ) matches OP's wants pretty well.
    100% a dad ski without much of a “cool” factor (if any at all)… but g’damn are they fun to ski. I’ll be sad when they don’t make them anymore. But if they somehow figured out a way to give the Free’s a higher top-end speed limit, I’d have to buy myself a lifetime’s worth of those. I’ve never skied any J’s but word on the street is they’re even softer than the Free’s, which scares me away from them a little being 6’4” 210lbs. I’m really curious about the Sego Comps, though… and I have my eyes peeled for some dirt cheap Sender Squads to give those a try eventually.

The Faction Dictator 3 or 4 might fit the bill. 2 sheets of metal, tip + tail rocker, low camber (blister says 2-3mm on the 4, 4mm on the 3).

Thanks everyone.

I had a pair of Rustlers 11s that I intended to be my deep pow ski that sold because the tips would kinda fold and deflect on me in chop/ crud. I'm 5'11'' and 200 lbs, which I think was the reason that I had that issue along with the metal only running partially to the tips. I think that would be an awesome ski for a someone a bit lighter than I am. I needed stiffer and more robust tips.

I've filled that hole with Moment Wildcats, which are plenty stiff and damp for me for deep pow and crud despite not having metal in them. I ski Deathwish 112s for an every day and < 8 inches of new snow. Low tide I'm on the Deathwish 104, which is really fun and easy to ski on soft groomers and corn.

There are certain low tide conditions like frozen groomers and refrozen crud where I wish I had a metal ski. I like a full tip and tail rocker and generally a more progressive (forward) mount point so that kinda narrows the choices.

My dad has Enforcer Free 104s that he loves. I'm kinda thinking that could be a good low tide ski for me for the above mentioned conditions that I could mount +2 from the line.

Good to know that J skis are a bit softer and I hear Sego is a bit stiffer. Anyone know where Faction Dictator 3 or 4 would fall in stiffness comparison to the Enforcer 104 Free? How about Volkl?

Lastly, do any ~100mm Volkl skis have a full tail rocker and metal? Their website unfortunately doesn't show the camber profiles.

Stance 102 might fit your description although maybe a bit more camber underfoot than 'a small amount'.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

The Corvus is two full sheets of metal. It’s reverse camber with flat under foot. That’s directly off the website and out of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    The Corvus is two full sheets of metal. It’s reverse camber with flat under foot. That’s directly off the website and out of the video.
    This is what I must have seen before…

https://www.skiessentials.com/2022-s...-crows-corvus/

According the the skiessentials peeps, it’s two layers of titanal that span 120mm. So a good portion of the ski, but not necessarily the entire length of the ski. Maybe the 2023 was updated to span the titanal the full length? I can’t seem to find that anywhere, though.

J Skis Metal/Hotshot. Such a fun and versatile ski

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

I own a 192 Rustler 11, what length do you have Kevo? The 188s sucked for me, the 192s are much stiffer/better. That said, if you have the 192s, they do deflect a lot and have a hinge point that puts me over the bars a lot landing flat airs on my feet. Rumor is the the new 192's out in the fall, will be stiffer in chopped and less of a hinge point, so I will be buying them. They will still be my pow day skis (where they are fucking perfect skis!!!) but never my fast crud charging skis.

I own The Metal, and again I will be upgrading to the new version (already out though, the Hotshot) as I heard it has a bit more float, but honestly they shine best in hardpack. These are my hardpack ice-groomer and crud skis, and amazingly they happen to do well in pow so they are incredibly versatile on days that I ski shit hard conditions in bounds, but then wander out of bounds to find powder. I can't get over how great these skis are, and how well they carve! I am an evangelist now for J Skis.

I also own K2 Mindbender 99ti and haven't touched them since I got The Metals because The Metals are a joy and the Mindbenders make me think they would be better as a twin tip, thanks to J skis designs. Maybe the Enforcer should replace them?

Anyways, hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Thanks everyone.

I had a pair of Rustlers 11s that I intended to be my deep pow ski that sold because the tips would kinda fold and deflect on me in chop/ crud. I'm 5'11'' and 200 lbs, which I think was the reason that I had that issue along with the metal only running partially to the tips. I think that would be an awesome ski for a someone a bit lighter than I am. I needed stiffer and more robust tips.

I've filled that hole with Moment Wildcats, which are plenty stiff and damp for me for deep pow and crud despite not having metal in them. I ski Deathwish 112s for an every day and < 8 inches of new snow. Low tide I'm on the Deathwish 104, which is really fun and easy to ski on soft groomers and corn.

There are certain low tide conditions like frozen groomers and refrozen crud where I wish I had a metal ski. I like a full tip and tail rocker and generally a more progressive (forward) mount point so that kinda narrows the choices.

My dad has Enforcer Free 104s that he loves. I'm kinda thinking that could be a good low tide ski for me for the above mentioned conditions that I could mount +2 from the line.

Good to know that J skis are a bit softer and I hear Sego is a bit stiffer. Anyone know where Faction Dictator 3 or 4 would fall in stiffness comparison to the Enforcer 104 Free? How about Volkl?

Lastly, do any ~100mm Volkl skis have a full tail rocker and metal? Their website unfortunately doesn't show the camber profiles.
    The 104 is a weird size ski for me. I have 100's that I ski when the snow firms up. A 104 doesn't really float pow, so that leaves me a jump to 110-ish. I can daily a 110 (all off piste) during the majority of winter, then back to the 100's for spring and park riding.

I'm debating mount point for my E110's. Looking at the profile of the ski I think it can be changed from a pure dad ski to a "playful charger" with a shift of mount point. I was going to do +2, but I may go +1. Not sure. Hopefully I'll have a report next week.

I'm in a different weight class (6' 160lbs) so my experience may be different. Heck, I ski TGR's least favorite ski, the Line SFB.

Has the Dynafit Hokkaido been mentioned? I'm pretty sure it has a metal layer - certainly weighs like it does. Flat camber, rockered.

Should be available cheap. I like mine as a resort pow ski where it's a shallower day, or I expect to be skiing cut up or heavier crud later in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Line Blade optic 114 unless you're a pussy

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk