What is the effect of a heated boot bag on Intuition liners?

I have a Hot-gear Heated boot bag that will get up to 170F for drying and softening the boots. If I was to get a Intuition Power wrap Liner and get it fitted at a shop, will this heated bag basically fuck up the foam real fast? Or is it not hot enough to get to the molding temp of the liner?

I know that if I get a Zipfit liner, it apparently can be infinitely reheated, and would work well with the bag.

But the cost of a Zipfit in these parts seems to be out of this world, and I can get Intuitions through the group buy at a much better price.

I don't want to get the Intuitions if the heated bag will fuck them up, and I definitely don't want to get rid of the heated bag! I am looking for some tech info from anyone that may know Intuitions well.

Thanks
    Man, It was great...

A warning...If your bag had control built into bag beware the temps sometimes exceed those stated.My wifes bag got hot enough to melt her custom footbed to her liners.

If its newer with controls on power cord then set to the lower 2 settings and should be ok.Think 180 will cook intuitions over again
    I put forth this question and the question is,
    When i did your mother twice last nite did I get sloppy seconds ?????

ps.
    27.5 ZIPFIT World cup for 175.00 plus shipping"never used"
    I put forth this question and the question is,
    When i did your mother twice last nite did I get sloppy seconds ?????

You've got to get those things above 200deg F to expand them. I wouldn't worry about it. I dry mine by a wood furnace every night. My sweaty feet get hotter than that boot bag in my AT boots.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by pubes View Post
    ps.
    27.5 ZIPFIT World cup for 175.00 plus shipping"never used"
    Very close. I have a 28.5 boot and I need a little thicker then the world cup. Very tempting price though!

Any more words of wisdom out there?
    Man, It was great...

I've never even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but had my Intuitions re-molded last weekend. Bootfitter told me to keep them away from heat. Said if I needed to dry them, just pop them out of the shells, they'd be dry overnight. He might be full of it, but i'm stickin with his advice...
    You need to 'soften' the liners each day? Never heard that one before...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

The intuiton molding machine factory setting and therefore the point at which they recommend them to be molded at is 240 Farenheit. I'd just take out the liners, they easily dry overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    You need to 'soften' the liners each day? Never heard that one before...
    Nope, Liners are always fine (Soft I mean)

My shells on the other hand are very stiff and my feet very large and odd shaped, (think EE with a normal heel and monster calfs) and although not impossible, it makes putting on my boots and getting a reasonably quick fit and warm feet possible.

The bag is awesome for overnight trips in hotels or in the back of my truck as I can dry all of my gear (helmet, liners, gloves and clothes) and get them all warm for the next day, and get my Boot shells soft enough to make putting them on a pleasure, instead of a pain!

My question is wether or not the repeated heating will screw up the Intuition liners. I have sent an e-mail and 2 voice mails to Intuition, but as of yet, no response.
    Man, It was great...

I think the heat fucks them up. I had a hair drier in mine yesterday before I went out and I'm pretty sure the foam puffed up cause my feet were killing me (never hurt before) and I had to loosen my buckles a lot just to keep my feet from falling asleep...now I have to rebake to get them back... OOPS
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    I think the heat fucks them up. I had a hair drier in mine yesterday before I went out and I'm pretty sure the foam puffed up cause my feet were killing me (never hurt before) and I had to loosen my buckles a lot just to keep my feet from falling asleep...now I have to rebake to get them back... OOPS
    That is exactly the stuff I'm worried about.

I have been thinking that I can take the liners out and keep them on the outside of the bag until I need to put on the boots, then I can slip a "Cold" Intuition into a hot shell.

From what I understand that being a closed cell structure it doesn't absorb moisture, so drying them should only need airing out above freezing.

I'm thinking I may try this method out. Anyone see a dark side to this?
    Man, It was great...

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stix View Post
    Very close. I have a 28.5 boot and I need a little thicker then the world cup. Very tempting price though!

Any more words of wisdom out there?
    I have a zipfit classic barely worn in 27.5. Your shell is bigger but it might be worth a look. Oh yea and I'm in Cochrane which makes life easier. Yea the pricing is out of this world here which is part of why I'm not doing it anymore.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    I had a hair drier in mine yesterday
    Stop doing that.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

As retarded as that maneuver was (had the thing on high instead of the usual med) those things were fuckin hot when I checked em...and the hair drier was in there for only about a minute...I'm most likely going to rebake them by throwing the drier in there for 5 minutes and cranking them with a couple pairs of socks on rather than going to a shop.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797