Help. Undelete help needed.

I've just screwed up and deleted all my movies from my external hard drive.

I was deleting what I thought was an almost empty folder (contained .nfo and a .txt file). I got the strange message (I should have known something was wrong) too big to move to recycle bin must permanently delete. And then all my movies were gone.

I don't want to spend 2 months re-downloading all my movies. I know they are still there just the pointers are gone (so long as I don't store anything over the top of them). How do I recover them? Software or just some trick in windows.

Help thanks Tom

(I've not been on TGR of late because I'm broken (ankle) and reading about skiing depresses me )
    Knowledge is Powder

Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post
    I've just screwed up and deleted all my movies from my external hard drive.

I was deleting what I thought was an almost empty folder (contained .nfo and a .txt file). I got the strange message (I should have known something was wrong) too big to move to recycle bin must permanently delete. And then all my movies were gone.

I don't want to spend 2 months re-downloading all my movies. I know they are still there just the pointers are gone (so long as I don't store anything over the top of them). How do I recover them? Software or just some trick in windows.

Help thanks Tom

(I've not been on TGR of late because I'm broken (ankle) and reading about skiing depresses me )
    Hey sorry to hear about the busted wheel.

Can't help with restoring deleted files.

Filescavenger might help. I think there´s also a program called Sniffer or something similar.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Filescavanger finds them but won't undelete, as the files are over 64kb

Undelete PLUS can't find them, or anything really that wasn't deleted via recycle bin

undelete crashes (can't access local network) on startup
    Last edited by Idris; 01-22-2008 at 05:45 AM.
    Knowledge is Powder

Just go to Best Buy or Comp USA or some comparable store and buy a reasonably priced program to recover the files. From my experience the freeware I have used did not find or recover the files I needed. However when I paid like $30 I ended up with the files pretty quickly. I don't have the program here but if you're interested I could let you know what it is later today. Of course I can't guarantee it will work but it is very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by DownhillRider View Post
    This one like many others I'm trying at the moment wants lots of money....well $69 to actually recover any files....it will find them for free......
    Knowledge is Powder

Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post
    This one like many others I'm trying at the moment wants lots of money....well $69 to actually recover any files....it will find them for free......
    I can probably burn you a copy of the software I have and send it to you if you're interested and not still in Europe. But that might take longer than you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    I can probably burn you a copy of the software I have and send it to you if you're interested and not still in Europe. But that might take longer than you want.
    Many thanks for the offer but I'm sitting in the rain in Chamonix.....it might take a while
    Knowledge is Powder

http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file...htm?language=1

Looks like it might work- and its free.