Page 241 of 472 FirstFirst ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 11780
    I just had a woman from Jersey inquire about the cost of tuning skis.
    To which I replied, $40
    'Is that for both skis?'
    Yes, ma'am
    crab in my shoe mouth

Top and bottom?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I just had a woman from Jersey inquire about the cost of tuning skis.
    To which I replied, $40
    'Is that for both skis?'
    Yes, ma'am
    I only ski in a wedge, can I have just the inside edges done?
    Quote Originally Posted by b dubya View Post
    Tricks are for hookers

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Sneaking pictures of dude's feet is a sign of way more than that.
    Go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Go on.
    Didn't quite finish?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Dudeman in liftline is talking, rather loudly, about how awesome his new watch is and generally showing it off. It was one of those monster mountaineering watches. My buddy asks him what time it was, lifty overhears, and at same moment they say 2 different times. Dudeman's awesome watch is 1hr fast. Epic. Then compounded when he says "not sure why. I set it to mountain time before I left, couldn't have drifted that fast". Guy thought Mt Hood was in MST. Hopefully he did not drive up from Portland....
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Snowbird tram on a Saturday morning. Typical can of sardines and there's a couple seemingly reluctant to get on. The operator urges them to push their way on, the woman responds, "We'll just wait for the next one." I wonder how long they waited.

MST-he was in the mountains,right.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Ski racks. And naked skis and boards in them. This to me is the most pervasive gaper move in all of ski country. I mean, can a car get any dirtier than one that lives in ski country? It develops a crust in short time. And yet, I see hundreds of cars go by with skis and boards exposed to this grime daily. And the worst are large SUVs, which can easily hold at least three boards inside along with people and crap. Second are small SUVs going by with one person and the skis or board up on the roof. For gods sake, take care of your equipment.

Ski racks. And naked skis and boards in them. This to me is the most pervasive gaper move in all of ski country. I mean, can a car get any dirtier than one that lives in ski country? It develops a crust in short time. And yet, I see hundreds of cars go by with skis and boards exposed to this grime daily. And the worst are large SUVs, which can easily hold at least three boards inside along with people and crap. Second are small SUVs going by with one person and the skis or board up on the roof. For gods sake, take care of your equipment.
    This. I will NEVER put a ski rack on my Yukon. Why? I can throw ALL my ski gear plus a small tribe of pigmies in my car and still have room to change in and out of my ski clothes.

Just heard a great one on the Big Air at Fenway broadcast...

"The snowboard's attached to your feet - you don't actually have to grab it."

Chowds comin' through in the clutch!
    that is pretty funny.

WTF is with Benny and Birkenstocks? I have a massive quiver of Birkenstocks and they are amazing.....and yes I sometimes wear sandals in the car for fucks.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Yep.

I think one of the driving factors here in Burlington is the 'look at me I'm going skiing' bro brah shit, at least with a large population of college goers. Kind of funny how seemly smart people can't figure this shit out.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    that is pretty funny.

WTF is with Benny and Birkenstocks? I have a massive quiver of Birkenstocks and they are amazing.....and yes I sometimes wear sandals in the car for fucks.
    You're stoned a lot, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Ski instructor bragging to his group of clients: "I rode up with the mayor of Vail."

Client: "The mayor of Vail?"

Instructor: "Yeah, he's a buddy of mine."

The whole exchange reminded me of the joke "At the bar, how can you tell who is a ski instructor? They'll tell you."
    I once rode the chair with the mayor of Alpental. He beat me to the bottom and smoked me out in the lot. Good guy, deserves every first chair he gets.

Rumor has it, he even knows where they store the moguls and appliance-sized debris in the summer.

You're stoned a lot, right?
    Look out DB! Benny's comin' for your reefers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Look out DB! Benny's comin' for your reefers!
    You're never stoned, right?

Reefers?

For gods sake, take care of your equipment.
    It's ok, Benny the rentals shop won't care when you take your vacation skis back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I tend to agree. I've noticed this is regional. In Tahoe you see very few exposed ski / board racks, generally people keep them in the car or a box top. But in Colorado I noticed tons of racks like that. I think maybe because there's a bit less grime and dryer snow so less build up and gunk.

Don't really remember if I noticed many in Utah or Jackson.

...or when the rack is worth more than the collection of skis/bikes on it. Wouldn't want those rossi cuts dripping snow on the leather interior!

Skier skiing through gondola unload area on busy long weekend: "IT'S TOO BUSY", then he collides with his buddy and double ejects.

Quote Originally Posted by The SMP View Post
    Dudeman in liftline is talking, rather loudly, about how awesome his new watch is and generally showing it off. It was one of those monster mountaineering watches. My buddy asks him what time it was, lifty overhears, and at same moment they say 2 different times. Dudeman's awesome watch is 1hr fast. Epic. Then compounded when he says "not sure why. I set it to mountain time before I left, couldn't have drifted that fast". Guy thought Mt Hood was in MST. Hopefully he did not drive up from Portland....
    I'd be surprised if he wasn't from Portland. Sounds like par for the course around here.

Maybe they are more concerned about taking care of the occupants of the vehicle? Crash your car with skis inside and all of a sudden you've got deadly projectiles flying around. Frankly I'm not that concerned about my skis getting dirty on the roof of my car.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Maybe they are more concerned about taking care of the occupants of the vehicle? Crash your car with skis inside and all of a sudden you've got deadly projectiles flying around.
    ^ I know two people who were badly hurt by this happening (separate accidents)
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    ^ I know two people who were badly hurt by this happening (separate accidents)
    I put my skis inside the car all the time, but I always think about this. To me it's the most compelling reason to use a rack or roof box. And I'm scratching my head trying to understand why putting your skis in a rack is a "gaper move." Must be the same people that thinking helmets are for pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by plurpimpin View Post
    I'd be surprised if he wasn't from Portland. Sounds like par for the course around here.
    you know my suunto says "core" right on it...so i know it is

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Maybe they are more concerned about taking care of the occupants of the vehicle? Crash your car with skis inside and all of a sudden you've got deadly projectiles flying around. Frankly I'm not that concerned about my skis getting dirty on the roof of my car.
    Dude, ok, a cheap zipperd ski sleeve is, what, 20 bucks? Use one.

I mean, a pair of skis and bindings are around a thousand these days.

And really, if you can't pack your car safely, stay home.