Page 99 of 471 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 11762
    spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PaRider380 View Post
    I can’t take these stories anymore. The original intent of this thread was funny. About half of the stories on this thread are funny. The other half make me want to vomit. I don’t understand how making fun of beginners is enjoyable. Do you make fun of handicap and retarded people too? Really, what’s the deal with some of you people? I mean the picture of the poor little kid with his pants tucked into his boots? Go over and fucking help him. Don’t stand there and take pictures of him. What the fuck? Were you picked on as a child?? Most of these stories are of hard working, good people trying to take their kids on a vacation. Yeah the dad is wearing a Carhart jacket and has no idea what he’s doing, so fucking what. Yeah they don’t know what they are talking about, so fucking what. Some of these quotes are of people just trying to make small talk on the lift. They don’t know much about the sport and are trying to talk about it. A guy points to your skis and asks if they are for jumping? What’s funny about that? He doesn’t know what they are for and is trying to find out. Why act like a snob to them? You probably went on vacation and tried something new and sounded like a dumb fuck too. I doubt the people who witnessed you ignorance are on a message board right now making fun of you.
    thank you. glad to know i'm not the only one.

So me telling a lame story is worse than you assholes bitching about it??? rather than contributing to the thread. or any thread? when was your last TR ?
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Asking which lift gets him from copper to vail sounds alot like something I might ask. I've been to colorado and sputah but not skied them. Theres no bigger louder gaper than an american overseas!

says the aussie !!! ... ???

the measurement is down to millimeters between the two,
    Ok, tell me a little bit louder why we don't need millimeters ...again!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to ride a SUP on the snow. With the P.

Brits are the most obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    thank you. glad to know i'm not the only one.
    Thankfully most seem made up. Or everyone is a huge ass "just walking away" from someone for asking an innocent question.

Quote Originally Posted by GoAskAlice View Post
    I'm putting petro in my Cherokee, had the skis on the yak rack side by side style. Guy walks over and the convo goes as follows:

Guy: "Those your skis?"
    Me: "Yep"
    Guy: "Cool!"
    Me: nod silently agreeing with my level of coolness
    Guy: "Both of them?"
    Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

Him: Skis, huh?
    Me: Yep.
    Him: They yours?
    Me: Yea.
    Him: Both of them?

Some of these "stories" in this thread are just people being downright jerks.
    Isocrates: “Democracy destroys itself because it abuses its right to freedom and equality. Because it teaches its citizens to consider audacity as a right, lawlessness as a freedom, abrasive speech as equality, and anarchy as progress.”

bout to hop on the tram at snowbird the other day and some guy from the christmas crowd says to his son, "Would you look at that? Thats the biggest gondola I have ever seen..."

From a snow boarder,
    I didn't sit down on that landing, I just ... dragged my knuckles

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by karpiel View Post
    I did a "what are those, water skis?" to someone this morning, he was not impressed.
    What a beater!

Quote Originally Posted by PaRider380 View Post
    I can’t take these stories anymore. The original intent of this thread was funny. About half of the stories on this thread are funny. The other half make me want to vomit. I don’t understand how making fun of beginners is enjoyable. Do you make fun of handicap and retarded people too? Really, what’s the deal with some of you people? I mean the picture of the poor little kid with his pants tucked into his boots? Go over and fucking help him. Don’t stand there and take pictures of him. What the fuck? Were you picked on as a child?? Most of these stories are of hard working, good people trying to take their kids on a vacation. Yeah the dad is wearing a Carhart jacket and has no idea what he’s doing, so fucking what. Yeah they don’t know what they are talking about, so fucking what. Some of these quotes are of people just trying to make small talk on the lift. They don’t know much about the sport and are trying to talk about it. A guy points to your skis and asks if they are for jumping? What’s funny about that? He doesn’t know what they are for and is trying to find out. Why act like a snob to them? You probably went on vacation and tried something new and sounded like a dumb fuck too. I doubt the people who witnessed you ignorance are on a message board right now making fun of you.
    The position of the holier-than-thou, self-righteous troll on this site has already been filled by Greg at Alpine Zone...you'll need to wait your turn.
    The Sheriff is near!

We could always take this thread in the direction of intentional gaping TRs. Like how weird a look you got when you asked your single serving friend on the chairlift how he turns those things.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Riding a lift at Solitude on Wed, watching 2 dudes coming down under me.

One gave a huge WAHOOOOOO!
    The other in his best Leroy Jenkins impression yelled
    WARREN MILLEEER!

DUDE !!!
    that is my new catch cry for the season ...
    Everytime some one does something cool, big, epic or funny ...
    WARREN MILLER !!!

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    We could always take this thread in the direction of intentional gaping TRs. Like how weird a look you got when you asked your single serving friend on the chairlift how he turns those things.
    How's that working out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    Theres no bigger louder gaper than an american overseas!
    1 vote for Australians in Bali, and another for British birds @ Hen Parties.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    "This place sucks, your moguls don't compare to the ones at Bridger Basin"

-Guy in BS Rental shop on a powder day.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    1 vote for Australians in Bali.
    Yup, farkin Sky Garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadam View Post
    DUDE !!!
    that is my new catch cry for the season ...
    Everytime some one does something cool, big, epic or funny ...
    WARREN MILLER !!!
    Last week in Vail, I heard Warren Miller name drops at least 4 times, mostly in the form of, "DUUUDE, we should buy video cameras. We could totally be filming like warren miller out here right now."

jgb@etree Guest
    I saw something today that underscores the fine line between idoiocy and brilliance.

I'd like to meet the driver for a quick interview to determine which it is, although I strongly suspect it's the 1st option. I suppose it is possible that the guy actually thought about this and decided not to drop a couple hundred $ on crossbars.....

As seen in a parking garage at Okemo today:

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot?!?!

that rack might be ok if your 5ft tall. But i'm dieing to know wot lenght skis went in that rack!

wow....took me a sec to realize what was wrong with that picture

M.C. Eschers ride?
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Either

a) genius snowboarder using extra traction to gain advantage for first lift / parking spot

or

b) idiot skier soon to be serving jail time for criminally negligent manslaughter

Good find