Page 96 of 472 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 11780
    A convo w/ a friend coming from PA today to visit and ski in breckenridge for the next 4 days

Me "We have a storm moving in today, hopefully we get some good accumulation"
    Friend "Uhh... I hope it doesnt snow too much, powder skiing is a pain in the ass"
    Me "I guess we won't be skiing together then! (questioning our friendship)"

SPORE - Stupid People On Rental Equipment

I figured there'd be some good reviews of ski resorts on tripadvisor.com. Sure enough I wasn't disappointed. Here's a review of Whistler/Blackcomb:
    I just came back from Whistler on 2/18/09 and its true that it is the biggest and most varied ski area. But, the snow qualitity was horrible, NO POWDER and lots of ICE PATCHES, and the mountain lacks identification/directional signs on the trails! It's very easy to go off track and end up on a trail that you dont want to be on. Wether you are a Begginner Skier and suddenly end up on a Blue (Intermidiate) or Balck (Expert) Trail or an intermidiate skier, skiing Blues and Blacks and unexpectingly end up on a Green (Begginner) Trail. I have skiid almost every mountain in the U.S and a few in Canada and I must say that Breckenridge, Colorado is definately the best skking that I've ever done!!! The mountain/trails are Skier friendly, less expensive, more snow, and more powder!!! Breckenridge Village is Beutiful...

Quote Originally Posted by MJbumper1121 View Post
    A convo w/ a friend coming from PA today to visit and ski in breckenridge for the next 4 days

Me "We have a storm moving in today, hopefully we get some good accumulation"
    Friend "Uhh... I hope it doesnt snow too much, powder skiing is a pain in the ass"
    Me "I guess we won't be skiing together then! (questioning our friendship)"
    Guess that makes you a badass rippin skier and your buddy must suck too much balls for you then, eh? What sick lines were you rippin in breck anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by åsanisse View Post
    Guess that makes you a badass rippin skier and your buddy must suck too much balls for you then, eh? What sick lines were you rippin in breck anyways?
    haha, not my fav. mountain. Just the place they are staying. Powder is the devil!

Quote Originally Posted by MJbumper1121 View Post
    Powder is the devil!
    I concur!

Quote Originally Posted by eastvailshoots View Post
    my personal favorite.. some gaper in the lift line to his buddy, "So where do they put the moguls in the summer?"
    News Flash: This is a joke.
    Sometimes I start asking questions like that to see what kind of reaction I get. It's amazing how many people don't get it.
    Try it though. Walk up to the wheelhouse, and point asking "Is this where the moguls are stored?"
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Try it though. Walk up to the wheelhouse, and point asking "Is this where the moguls are stored?"
    The obvious response is "no, that's where the bulls that turn the bullwheel are stabled."

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I figured there'd be some good reviews of ski resorts on tripadvisor.com. Sure enough I wasn't disappointed. Here's a review of Whistler/Blackcomb:
    Yeah, so many mountain reviews I've read go along the lines.

"This accomodation was <adjective>, the food and ambience was ....
    A paragraph or two later....
    The skiing was also good too.

"I find it easier to ski without poles."

Quote Originally Posted by BiggC View Post
    A paragraph or two later....
    The skiing was also good too.
    At least the guy I quoted did comment on the terrain and the snow qualitity. I'm very interested in a mountain's snow qualitity.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Anything said in the "Big Sky - Hatin' the Pow!" thread/video by powdork.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    this guy fucking sucks
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Thumbs down No break for you (come on, just give me one)

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    this guy fucking sucks
    Still singing that same old song?

change the record...change the record...change the record...change the record...change the record...change the record...change the record...change the record...change the record...change the record...

change the fucking record

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I think the Aussie snowboarder got the better end of fucking with your head!

Originally Posted by IrieRon
    Aussie Snowboarder next to me on the lift, motioning to my Praxis (on a recent 24" powder day):

"So what's the deal with those skis?"

IrieRon: "Bigger is better?"

Aussie Snowboarder: "Like when you don't know how to ride a bike and you have training wheels?"

IrieRon: <silent>
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

I didn't hike into the alpine to ski trees!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Duh

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    I think the Aussie snowboarder got the better of you
    ...er yeh...that's the point of IR posting it...imagine that, a Maggot who can laugh at themselves.

Why are you stating the obvious?

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

not at all skiing related, but talking to this chick in a bar in NYC last night, telling her why I'd never make it here and how the West Coast is 1000x's better because of the rad mtns and all the open space, and she tells me she has a lot of personal space with her 450 sq ft studio apt that has a... wait for it...

"Walk-in kitchen"

Dude shut the up, don't tell eastcoasties anything except that where they live is awesome. The west sucks!

^^^ Still drunk at 8:35 in the morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    ^^^ Still drunk at 8:35 in the morning?
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

setting: one of the summit cty resorts while visiting the family. approaching the top bull wheel is your typical 100 yard flat section where a 6 foot wide swath of a whopping 2" lays on the side of the trail. from the chair we see jeans inside boot cuffs, leaning back as far as he can wiggling his butt which moves his tips briskly from side to side and said in classic texan drawl... "Bawrn in Powdah!!" which of course was met with concurring hoots and yawps from his following posse of jean clad gapers.

*key: Bawrn = Born

While riding the chair lift today up at Brighton, Guys on the lift were talking about where they were going next run. They said they were going out of the gate into Hidden Canyon so I asked them if they had gear. Which the one guy told me "I don't believe in that stupid stuff" Avi conditions are Considerable today too.

Up at Baker Friday. Bluebird day and deep blower. We're going to do The Arm. Some cat asks me "so what ya been hittin today?" I point up at Shuksan Arm. He then asks "how do you get up there?" I said "hike and skin". And then he says, "what'ya do when you get all the way up there?". For which I reply, "ski down". He nods his gourd but doesn't really get it.

I saw some jeans at Lost Trail today. Damn good day, but when ski patrol has trouble skiing powder, and they have those butt warmer things, I'm a bit worried.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.