Page 299 of 472 FirstFirst ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 11780
    Oui!

This is pretty much what I imagine our guy old goat to look like, and it looks like this could have been taken at Squaw...
    https://instagram.com/p/BUuMmQljTxL/

Was downclimbing over some rock / dirt and some dude on tele skis side stepping down yelling at about what the fuck I was doing taking my skis off and climbing in and how it's so dangerous to take your skis off....

Guess that dude has never walked on a ridge before.

I'm not averse to walking over some rocks with my skis on but damn, sometimes it's faster to just do the damn downclimb

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    This is pretty much what I imagine our guy old goat to look like, and it looks like this could have been taken at Squaw...
    all time

Quote Originally Posted by straightlineorbust View Post
    Was downclimbing over some rock / dirt and some dude on tele skis side stepping down yelling at about what the fuck I was doing taking my skis off and climbing in and how it's so dangerous to take your skis off....

Guess that dude has never walked on a ridge before.

I'm not averse to walking over some rocks with my skis on but damn, sometimes it's faster to just do the damn downclimb
    Your user name says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Your user name says otherwise.
    Haven't gotten the jong pro model ski yet for straightlining dirt in to a rock in to a mogul

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

I'm sitting watching the kayakers play on Golden, CO's Clear Creek, which is raging right now. Some woman standing next to me is talking to her friend about the high water, her friend says it's from the snow. She says, noooo it's summer, it doesn't snow!

How dumb are people?

Haven't gotten the jong pro model ski yet for straightlining dirt in to a rock in to a mogul
    boink

Name:  Boink.jpg
Views: 2037
Size:  176.0 KB

Should have been at Killington June 1st, several straightliners in attendance...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170601_181700.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	207663
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I'm not nearly that cool. Anyway--if you want to know what I look like just look at my avatar. OK--maybe I've changed a little since that picture was taken. And yes, those are AF surplus wool flight pants made into knickers--the soft shells of their day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Should have been at Killington June 1st, several straightliners in attendance...

Name:	20170601_181700.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	207663
    Ha! one of them made jerry of the day. I guess they moved the ski rack back after he straightlined across the mud and nearly blew it up.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I'm sitting watching the kayakers play on Golden, CO's Clear Creek, which is raging right now. Some woman standing next to me is talking to her friend about the high water, her friend says it's from the snow. She says, noooo it's summer, it doesn't snow!

How dumb are people?
    Very. And the creek in Golden on a nice day is like a 3rd world refugee camp. What a shitshow it's turned into.

On a slightly different topic.
    My wife saw a bumper sticker on a car in Golden earlier this week that said stop boulderizing Golden. Anyone seen them and know where to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Ha! one of them made jerry of the day. I guess they moved the ski rack back after he straightlined across the mud and nearly blew it up.

I saw 2 guys go for it. Why you would think you can make it with a field of mud is over my head. Grass, yeah, go for it. Dirt, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I saw 2 guys go for it. Why you would think you can make it with a field of mud is over my head. Grass, yeah, go for it. Dirt, not so much.
    I was standing on the Umbrella Bar and watched the mayhem. The Viking bit it hard when he got to the rise, took a while to shake it off and stand up.

Name:	8H2A8732.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	207705

He was sending it all day

Name:	8H2A8437.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	207706

He recovered quickly and joined our tailgate later

Name:	20170601_193458.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	932.2 KB 
ID:	207707
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

"Oh shit, my phone is in my pocket" said the guy who just jumped off a dock into Donner Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    "Oh shit, my phone is in my pocket" said the guy who just jumped off a dock into Donner Lake.
    LOL. I've done this. Not recently but I trashed a Star-Tac jumping off of a bass boat. I'm guessing that guy was also not a millennial. They do not remember a time when you could jump off a dock or push someone into a pool or get on a fucking ride at an amusement park without risking destruction of a $700.00 electronic device and, thus, are usually more cautious.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    LOL. I've done this. Not recently but I trashed a Star-Tac jumping off of a bass boat. I'm guessing that guy was also not a millennial. They do not remember a time when you could jump off a dock or push someone into a pool or get on a fucking ride at an amusement park without risking destruction of a $700.00 electronic device and, thus, are usually more cautious.
    Looked millenial to me.
    Back in the day I would go to my cousin's cottage on a lake in MI to water ski--most days there would be the contents of his wallet drying on the kitchen table. Lot easier to dry a wallet than a cell phone.

I do this all the time with key fobs. Killed two one summer jumping off the back of the boat.

a couple of weeks ago we're hiking up the Wildflower trail at JHMR and a woman one switch up from us yelled down- "Excuse me- could you tell us if we are going up or down on this trail?"
    I started laughing pretty hard trying to ask them if they were walking up or down. of course andrew was polite and helped them while I silently cried with laughter a couple feet behind

they had taken the gondi up and were walking down but somehow meandered onto that trail heading uphill

perhaps some future potentials for the darwin awards
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    a couple of weeks ago we're hiking up the Wildflower trail at JHMR and a woman one switch up from us yelled down- "Excuse me- could you tell us if we are going up or down on this trail?"
    I started laughing pretty hard trying to ask them if they were walking up or down. of course andrew was polite and helped them while I silently cried with laughter a couple feet behind

they had taken the gondi up and were walking down but somehow meandered onto that trail heading uphill

Why is that funny? You have intersecting trails, some of which have brief inclines on the descent, and vice versa, right? You're asking for sone shitty travel-karma right there. I'll keep an eye out for your thread about the prick in NYC who told you to take the uptown 6 to the last stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

bc getting that question shouted out was comical when the trail is clearly inclined steeply one way.
    and chill out. we're always polite but it's a funny question when you are clearly walking up or down. this ain't kansas

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    skid luxury

From deepsouthmafia on another thread after taking issue with anyone have a few beers on the slopes. The gaper scent is strong on this one. Even if he's jesting, he's still a gaper.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthmafia
    I've been waxing the race sticks, working out on my "Skier's Edge," just ordered a new bota bag.
    Every night I dream of "the perfect run" - just an endless perfectly groomed highway of 'roy.
    I'm not sure what outerwear to purchase. I'm thinking something fast.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post

Hiking in Shirley Canyon a few weeks ago--pretty full stream on one side, cliffs and very steep slopes on the other, and the trail goes pretty much straight up from the Squaw parking lot to Shirley Lake and from there a couple of trails up to High Camp where there's food, swimming pool, and an all summer tram. Halfway up the trail is a section of low angle slabs and low ledges--there are some splashes of paint and small ducks here and there but it's pretty much walk where you feel like it. I'm on my way down below the slabs when a lady yells down at me from the lowest ledge--"IS THAT THE WAY TO THE LAKE?" The most generous explanation I can think of is that she took the tram up, decided to hike down to the lake--somehow managed to miss the lake which the trail skirts and went a mile downhill before she figured out something was wrong. I just pointed back up the canyon.

That trail is always a shit show. It's a fairly rough unmaintained use trail with various alternate routes and about 4 different colors of paint blazes here and there on the rocks. A couple of places involve a little scrambling. Half the people you pass are having vigorous debates about which way to go. They see it's only 3 miles to lake and miss the 1500 ft vertical part--or 2000 to High Camp and the tram down, which most folks are hoping to take.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My friend did this the other day but didn't realize it for 3-5 minutes. Got out, dried off the phone, and amazingly it was just fine.

Also - I'm with b-bear, that sounds pretty funny to me. Imagine grinding your way up a trail and having someone ask you if it was up or down? I mean, I get the tourist POV too but it's still funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    My friend did this the other day but didn't realize it for 3-5 minutes. Got out, dried off the phone, and amazingly it was just fine.

Also - I'm with b-bear, that sounds pretty funny to me. Imagine grinding your way up a trail and having someone ask you if it was up or down? I mean, I get the tourist POV too but it's still funny.
    Why is that amazing? Half the phones nowadays are waterproof up to 5ft for 30 min!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk