Page 295 of 472 FirstFirst ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 11780
    It's not a dad joke if it's a solid reference. It had to be said with a question like that.

Best Gaper qoute of the weekend?

"Bridger had a good year."

Very firm intermediate run. Guy does an involuntary 360, falls loses one ski, which winds up next to him, a few feet away. As the guy backs up towards his ski a good Samaritan comes along and attempts to push the ski the few feet between it and the guy who lost it. Instead the ski winds up sliding quite a ways down the hill, leaving the poor victim to hobble his way down to it.

A 700-person ski club from Winnipeg, Manitoba just arrived in Big Sky. I am sure I will be posting in this thread very soon.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Note to self. Never ever plan on going to ABasin on April 1, Gaper Day, again, if it's a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Note to self. Never ever plan on going to ABasin on April 1, Gaper Day, again, if it's a Saturday.
    I laughed. This is gold.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I thought you already vowed to never come back to summit county at all?

It had the best forecast a week ago. Fuck, even last night.

Lol... A-Basin throws a party in Benny's honor and he won't ski with them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Didn't I see you directing traffic in the parking lot?

Heeeey Benni. 04.16.17 BBI @ bachelor. See Oregon thread. I'll pick you up at the airport. Its not much of a ski hill but you'll have a goodtime.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

After I march in the closest Release Your Taxes event, It's back on the bike in green world.

Didn't I see you directing traffic in the parking lot?
    You weren't at abasin...

Or at least you would not have been if you weren't such a gaper.... It's ironic how all those folks think they're being ironic on purpose...

"LOOK AT ME IN MY FART BAG AND UPSIDE DOWN GOGGLES, LIKE I'M SOME ASSHOLE VISITING FROM MICHIGAN!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW DUMB ALL THESE TOURISTS ARE!!!"

"Where are you going this summer?"

"Back home to Michigan."

I'll be there today though. Want to come skiing with me Benny? I'll bet Dud hasn't been skied in 2 weeks. Anyone else going today. Looks beeeeyoutiful here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

I'll nominate myself for gaper action of the weekend.

Took a rope to the neck when I thought I had ducked it but had in fact not. Not fun... rope is in an annoying area and ducking it fucking sucks, so my non-gaper redemption I'm bringing a shovel and building a kicker to jump the rope.

If this story really works... I'm gonna use this one the next time my wife asks me where I got the hickey from. Keep us posted
    Last edited by FLS; 04-07-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Did you win a prize?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Saw a sock--not a ski sock, just a sock under the Lincoln chair. No foot attached. Not really a gaper quote but it did seem odd and I was having trouble coming up with a scenario and this thread was in danger of being pushed off the first page and that's a sign the season is winding down which I hate.

^^^ my guess is an improvised case for shades/glasses.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Saw a sock--not a ski sock, just a sock under the Lincoln chair. No foot attached. Not really a gaper quote but it did seem odd and I was having trouble coming up with a scenario and this thread was in danger of being pushed off the first page and that's a sign the season is winding down which I hate.
    A dick cozy for the ride up before you naked McConkey the shit out of that next run?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    ^^^ my guess is an improvised case for shades/glasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    A dick cozy for the ride up before you naked McConkey the shit out of that next run?
    I'm going with B.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    This definitely makes the most sense,

I finally have one to contribute.

I was walking across my parking lot to the bus stop one morning, and these guys in touring and avy gear are walking up Rachel Way at Jackson from one of the condos. I told them there was a shuttle coming, so they stopped. We rode the shuttle to the base, and they caught up to me in tram line after getting lift tickets. This is an incredibly shitty morning - hasn't snowed in a while, stupid firm, and we're headed up a half-empty tram after walking by a mountain ambassador warning people about conditions in the bowl.

I started talking to one of the guys, and he asks me what I know about Granite Canyon. Tells me they're headed straight there to ski it, "because that's where the goods are." I pointedly looked around the tram and asked him if he saw anyone else with gear or even anyone anyone else who looked like they knew what they were doing skiing that morning. Then I asked him if he knew where he was going. "I've been there before," came the answer. "We haven't had anyone die out there this year, yet," I told him. Again, "I've been out there before," and he stomped off to the other side of the tram to talk to a patroller. I don't think anything of it.

A few days later, a friend sends me this article: https://pitchengine.com/buckrail/201...44943384660490

I saw the title, blew it off. Then later that day, I read it, and looked at the pictures. Syverson was the guy I was talking to in the tram. Day was made.

tldr; The guy and his buddy got lost in Granite. He spent two days out there before SAR found him. He's fine.
    Last edited by mangle; 04-07-2017 at 01:27 PM.

So they endangered dozens of brave people.

Assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    I finally have one to contribute.

I was walking across my parking lot to the bus stop one morning, and these guys in touring and avy gear are walking up Rachel Way at Jackson from one of the condos. I told them there was a shuttle coming, so they stopped. We rode the shuttle to the base, and they caught up to me in tram line after getting lift tickets. This is an incredibly shitty morning - hasn't snowed in a while, stupid firm, and we're headed up a half-empty tram after walking by a mountain ambassador warning people about conditions in the bowl.

I started talking to one of the guys, and he asks me what I know about Granite Canyon. Tells me they're headed straight there to ski it, "because that's where the goods are." I pointedly looked around the tram and asked him if he saw anyone else with gear or even anyone anyone else who looked like they knew what they were doing skiing that morning. Then I asked him if he knew where he was going. "I've been there before," came the answer. "We haven't had anyone die out there this year, yet," I told him. Again, "I've been out there before," and he stomped off to the other side of the tram to talk to a patroller. I don't think anything of it.

A few days later, a friend sends me this article: https://pitchengine.com/buckrail/201...44943384660490

I saw the title, blew it off. Then later that day, I read it, and looked at the pictures. Syverson was the guy I was talking to in the tram. Day was made.

tldr; The guy and his buddy got lost in Granite. He spent two days out there before SAR found him. He's fine.
    Top notch gaper. Holy hell.

Three days ago: To set the scene, the ski area's closed, it's been storming fairly hard, and I'm at the mid-mountain patrol station packing things up to take down to the base. A guy skins up and pulls his skins and sits on a bench for a while watching. He finally gets around to asking "When will the (local backcountry steep cirque) be safe to ski?"

I look at him silently for a few seconds until he says "I'd dig a hole I guess, to see if it's safe. What would I be looking for?" He starts waving his hands in horizontal lines to represent layers. "Extreme…what are they?" I replied, "If you dig a pit, you should do a stability test. Do you know what those are?"

He says "I guess I should take a class?" I said "Get a mentor."

I'm going to be watching the paper for the report on his catastrophe.