Page 113 of 471 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 11762
    Where was this? I take it you haven't seen GNAR the movie....you should watch it, it will all make sense after that.

6 year old girl looks at the trail map that's attached to the top part of the foot rest bar and points at a word and says "My Dad love these".

it was a Kokanee ad.

Koooooookanneeeeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    6 year old girl looks at the trail map that's attached to the top part of the foot rest bar and points at a word and says "My Dad love these".

it was a Kokanee ad.

Koooooookanneeeeeee!
    Simple & to the point!!! I like!!!
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

today at vail:

Young Girl - "how do we get to bachelor's gulch?"

Father - "We are at Vail. thats at Breckenridge."

Bachelor's Gulch is at Beaver Creek for those who don't know. wttttfffffff

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post

it was a Kokanee ad.

Koooooookanneeeeeee!
    I take it Kokanee is a shitty beer? I thought all you Canadians drank was Molson and fermented seal pee.
    Last edited by fluxrad; 02-13-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Didn't hear any good quotes, but Beaver Creek was Fartbag Central today.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    Where was this? I take it you haven't seen GNAR the movie....you should watch it, it will all make sense after that.
    It was at SSV today. I Haven't seen the GNAR movie so I was a little stunned, thought the guy was retarded or something.

Guy at Mary Jane a couple of weeks ago was working on his tele turns. He had his poles up parallel to the ground for balance, but no matter how hard he tried he just couldn't weight his back foot properly.

I didn't have the heart to tell him his BD 01's were in tour mode.

In reference to me, "Nice blue jeans, get a helmet!"

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Guy View Post
    I'm waiting at the end of a traverse today for a buddy to catch up to me and this guy comes up waving his hands to get my attention. I'm thinking great, my buddy somehow bailed on the traverse and this guy is trying to let me know he got hurt.

He finally rolls up to me and says "I really need to tell you something", so I say all confused "what??" He looks me straight in the eye and says "I'm the best skier on this mountain" with a completely straight face.

I really hope he was fucking with me. Ridiculous.
    That was me...

Haha 10 minuntes into the movie and it all makes sense...I'm the gaper now...awesome!

This backwards skiing thing has to stop.

Seriously you all look like huge fags when you're doing that shit. It looks fucking ridiculous. Landing switch with your legs apart and your ass up in the air, just waiting to get rammed. NTTAWWT, but you might as well just slap a pink triangle on your skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Guy View Post
    Haha 10 minuntes into the movie and it all makes sense...I'm the gaper now...awesome!
    That's hilarious that it was at SSV....I would have laughed my ass off if I heard that.

So you were skiing at Sunshine (and have not seen GNAR)? I think we know who the real gaper is.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    So you were skiing at Sunshine (and have not seen GNAR)? I think we know who the real gaper is.
    Fully agreed, that movie was easily one of the greatest ski flicks I have ever seen.

at work tonight some old gaper lady looking at a stuffed mountain lion: "Is that a coyote?"
    me: "no it's a mountain lion"
    gaper lady: "what's the difference?"
    me: "one is a cat the other is a dog"
    gaper lady: "so, this is a dog"
    me: "ya"
    This lady was like 60 something. How can you reach that age and still not know a lion is a fucking cat?

On Saturday I saw a guy who must have had his bindings mounted backwards, because I could see his tails flapping around from the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by fluxrad View Post
    I take it Kokanee is a shitty beer? I thought all you Canadians drank was Molson and fermented seal pee.
    it's a typical northwest lager
    holy fucking shitballs

Quote Originally Posted by targetfiction View Post
    This backwards skiing thing has to stop.
    +1. Biggest gaper of my weekend.

2nd biggest: Standing in line at Gold Coast at Squaw. This lift has a GIANT blue square painted on it. It's huge. You could easily see it from space.

"Does this lift serve anything other than blacks?"

From epic.

However, I found the S3 very limiting on soft groomers-what you normally encounter on days when there is powder to be had.

Balls of fucking steel. If you want, I can come teabag you after I'm done fucking your mother, sister and girlfriend tomorrow night, you worthless cumguzzling JONG.
    After 900 posts here, that is the best you can do? Really?

And yes, I'm in an "engineering" program at a school that also has a college of technology, with a bunch of BS classes like that. Fuck it, if I can get credit to go ski I'll sure as hell go for it. If you could handle the other 21 credits I've got this semester that I might give a fuck what you say. In the mean time, remember why your sister isn't quite walking right in the morning.
    When you've finished your little paper chase, come join me in the real world and I'll show you what real degrees can buy you .. in the mean time, enjoy your second-rate education and keep on pretending you're hard.

Quote Originally Posted by jipstyle View Post
    When you've finished your little paper chase, come join me in the real world and I'll show you what real degrees can buy you
    A bunch of Thai ladyboys?

Not a quote, but yesterday at Breck the couple loading E Chair in front of us made the liftie stop the lift so they could get on. Well, the liftie stopped the lift (BOOOOO!) and right when the woman went to take a seat, the lift rolled back and she fell flat on her ass. The liftie then did nothing to help the woman floundering around on the snow. The woman got herself together with the help of her husband and they were off. The liftie that stopped the lift then got an earful from her superior on not stopping the lift. "You tell them, NO!!"
    Last edited by cmsummit; 02-14-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by karpiel View Post
    A bunch of Thai ladyboys?
    If that swings your hammer, sure .. I don't judge.

yesterday's keystone base area shitshow, after closing down the gondola due to wind, everyone was at the quad and the line was EPIC, including the singles line which wasn't moving quickly and many 3-somes were loading without singles. The line attendants, or scanners or whatever you call those guys who do nothing but wave their majik wands around and then let you go by were doing nothing for line control at all, a total free-for-all, basic keystone scene. (ok i'm the gaper for being at keystone in the first place)

Anyway we get to the spot that the lanes finally merge for the last time and the 3-some in front of us passed by the single's line without picking up a single, because the lift attendants were slow to scan and not even trying to pair singles up. So I say to my friend next to me that people really should be calling for singles when they know they need a single, and the line is crazy long. so this lady in the middle of the 3-some in front of us (red stretch pants, looking like queen of the hill) now past the point of picking up a single, must have overheard me because she starts shouting and waving her hands in the air to the singles line that they need a single. But it's far too late for one to squeeze through, I'm like "no, it's too late now" but she's on a mission. So somehow she convinces the next single to cut the rope, and ski up on the other side of the metal guard rail to where the lift operator stands so he can hop on with them at the last second, but this confuses the lifty, and he's like WTF. Now the kicker, the lady is so intent on picking up that single, that she argues with the lifty as an EMPTY CHAIR passes in front of them. At this point we are just laughing too much to care, although much booing from the rest of the line.

Crazy start to a craptastic keystone day!