Page 104 of 471 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 11760
    the don said,
    Check this guy's blog photo, GAPER GAP ALERT

http://streettopeak.wordpress.com/20...up-in-america/

That guy is a horrible writer.

Then on top of that his "blog" sucks.

On top of that he is one of the douchy USA hating Canadians.

Not all are douches, but this guy is just like the South Park episode.

fucking asshole.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    wait, people actually care about gaper gap? are you 15 year old girls?
    no, i rock it from time to time.

the Don was just promoting his blog.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Wait, people actually care about gaper gap? Are you 15 year old girls?
    It's not the look that makes it ridiculous. It's that you can't figure out how to properly (safely) wear a helmet. Equivalent to stamping "stupid" on your forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Multiglisse View Post
    This is more of an anti-gaper story but I didn't know where else to put it:

Night skiing last evening at Hidden Bump, slaying the 300 feet of vert. The lift conversation of the night happened on the first run. Thursday happens to be "Cheap Night" at Hidden Valley, so it is the night when Mom and Dad drop off their spawn to slide down the hill for several hours. Mostly they hang out in the lodge, spewing hormones, creating a weird kind of high school dance vibe when you go in for break. It also means that despite a lift line, an old guy on skis will ride solo most of the time. The kids are too cool for sharing a chair with Grampa. But not The Little Girl in Pink (she is maybe 9, or 10). While I had resigned myself to a lone ride on the Bigwin Quad, she poled up beside me, gave me the look that let me know I was the Grown-Up in Charge of this lift ride, and off we went. I politely inquired if it was OK to lower the bar and she agreed with an emphatic "yes." After a few seconds, she looks at me and says, pointing left:

"When we get to the top, you should probably go that way."
    Me: "OK, are you going right?"
    LGiP: "Yes, I"m not very good at getting off the chairlift yet."
    Me: "Well, OK."
    LGiP: "I just got these skis today."
    Me: "Oh, have you skied before?"
    LGiP: "No, this is my first time."
    Me: "Is anyone teaching you how to ski?"
    LGiP: "No, I am skiing by myself."
    Me (concerned but not wanting to sound like a weird old guy): "So, are you here by yourself?"
    LGiP: "Oh no, my brother and his friend are here too."
    Me (relieved, then putting my skis in the wedge position): "Do you know how to do the snowplow, you know, when you put your skis like this?"
    LGiP: "Oh, yes, I do that. I am teaching myself to ski!"
    Me, by this time we are at the top: "Well, good for you. Are you ready to get off? Stand up when your skis touch the snow!"

So I go left, then turn and watch her ski off the lift pretty well, stop, fall over, immediately get up and ski off, straightlining down the easy hill in full pizza stance. This girl is going to be a skier.
    Thats awesome! (her parents should get her lessons though)

I've seen similar acts of non gaperdom from new skiers lately. Seniora Dumpy is the advisor for the school she works at's ski club. I always meet her at the mountain on ski club nights. In past years her and I just free skied (most kids were experienced and all were snowboarders).

Well this year, there is one kid who is A) the only skier, B) a never ever and C) the only 7th grader/youngest member. The kids all do lessons, then break for dinner/check in and then free ski for a few hours. First night of ski club, we are on an easier blue and after I blow by him realize that a kid is walking along the trail carrying his gear. She's behind me and stops, after waiting downhill from her for a bit I realize it must be one of her kids, so I skate up to them.

It's the never ever 7th grader. Some of the older kids rode up with him and dropped him off at the trail next to the terrain park. He kept falling and couldn't make it down, so we help him get his gear back on gradually (many falls) get him back down and to the bunny hill. We spend a bit of time coaching him and take his poles for a run or two. Tells me on the lift that up on the other trail he was thinking about quitting skiing/ski club. After a few bunny hill runs, he cleans it without falling. Does it again for good measure. We help him return his gear, in the rental shops says with a big shit eating grin "I should've taken one more".

Next week when they check in around dinner time, he comes in later than the other kids. Stoked as hell, he proclaims that he skied the trail we helped him down and did it without falling. I skied with him for a bit (seniora Dumpy spent most of the night with him, I had pow to attend to), I think he did that trail 3-4 more times, twice top to bottom without falling.

At one point he tried going switch, which didn't really work, but he was able to transition into it easily. At another point he was working on his skating. basically if he sees us do it, he tries it. Kid is determined as hell. Staying upright was my number one challenge on day #2 of skiing (only slightly younger than him when I first learned).

I thought for sure he was going to quit or take up snowboarding, now I'm pretty sure he could end up a life long skier. Skiing with him is fun just because it's great to feed off of his stoke.

He also had a great inadvertent psuedo gaper quote:

Determined 7th grader after a snowlerbader goes by us: Wow that guy has short skis

Me: yeah we'll make fun of him for that later

Seniora Dumpy has claimed that if any of her ski club kids want to snowlerblade, she will do anything in her power to prevent it (our local mountain is infested with them). For "safety's sake" of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

i fuck gaps, i dont talk about them
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Check this guy's blog photo, GAPER GAP ALERT

http://streettopeak.wordpress.com/20...up-in-america/

Wonder how many pics he took of himself before he was able to get both the sign (in focus) and face, complete with mouth agape(r)?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Had a Texan ask me today what's the point of telemarking and why do so many people do it?

That seems like a perfectly reasonable question to me. Did you call him a gaper to his face?

guy today on the lift at loveland after the height warning siren at the Eisenhower tunnel goes off

him: That's an avalanche warning siren

me: no

him: yeah it is, they make it go off right before they start bombing shit. It's no big deal though, you don't have to worry

me: ok

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    him: yeah it is, they make it go off right before they start bombing shit. It's no big deal though, you don't have to worry

ahahahah pretty much the best response in that situation

Someone at Alta on Saturday called the new Salomon BBR's waterskis.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    no, i rock it from time to time.

the Don was just promoting his blog.
    Ha ha!!! I wish it was mine.

Conway, you can't say you don't notice them man. They might as well carry a flag that says really big "I CAN'T SKI". The best part is they usually act like they can ski like total BAMF's. Or like they ski enough to tell us what is what at the Village.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Someone at Alta on Saturday called the new Salomon BBR's waterskis.
    ha ha ha, oh that is great. Knob!
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

"Is this your dog?"--from the guy in the Alpine Meadows parking lot trying to pet a coyote.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    "Is this your dog?"--from the guy in the Alpine Meadows parking lot trying to pet a coyote.
    hahaha. that made me laugh.
    Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

This thread continues to deliver.

A picture or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    guy today on the lift at loveland after the height warning siren at the Eisenhower tunnel goes off

him: That's an avalanche warning siren

me: no

Sounds like someone who might have ridden a lift with me in the past.

I had friends come in for new years. I was then forced to ski heavenly. I did enjoy it because of the fresh snow but also because of this guy. And no, I didn't take that picture my asshole friend did who turned around and yelled BLADES! and snapped it.

^^^^^^^
    that's bitchin.
    It appears the one on the end in pink gets it.
    I can see the hate in the eyes on the other three.
    You've got to have the courage to say to your wife, "Get in there and make me some bean dip."
    -Vernon Dozier

BLADES!!!

That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 3snowboards View Post
    Not surprising. There's a pair of coyotes that live in the valley. I've never seen them IN the parking lot, but all around it routinely.

I can't believe someone tried to pet one.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Not surprising. There's a pair of coyotes that live in the valley. I've never seen them IN the parking lot, but all around it routinely.

I can't believe someone tried to pet one.
    umm, theres a lot more than 2

if its anything like squaw's lot, theres 10 or 15 running around the lot every night, and countless more living around the valley

Quote Originally Posted by leifar View Post
    just below the lift disembark station, standing with a group of five 4-6 year olds, practicing sideslipping, and what do I see today but a single ski, with boot clicked in, come ripping by, standing upright as though propelled by some ghostly skier, on a straightline down the run. The other instructor goes to retrieve, maybe 400 yards downslope, as I turn and stare mouth agape up at an adult woman hobbling along on one ski, stepping with her sock in the snow as she descends from the lift station...Definitely a first for me...
    saw this happen in MN growing up, ill never forget it and still laugh when i think about it. at the top was an 8 year old who obviously never been on skis before. thanks for the memory little buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 3snowboards View Post
    Sorry-I had my POV off. I used to keep it on and show my friends videos of me shredding the GNAR in the parking lot. Now I don't have any friends.

I think this particular coyote was interested in the toy poodle locked up in the car next to ours. The preferred food of coyotes everywhere.

Gaper (reaching down to pet a dog standing near me): Does your dog bite?
    Me: No

The dog reaches up and bites the man on the hand.

Gaper: I thought you said your dog doesn't bite?
    Me: That's not my dog.