Stomach muscle strain/pull?

yeah, so i think i strained or pulled a muscle in my stomach hucking about 10 days ago. im just worried b/c i tried to search function stomach and Appendicitis came up and sounded like the pain im having, minus the fever. just wondering if anyone has pulled a stomach muscle? how much it hurts? how long it lasts? how to remedy that shit?
    its not inflammed or anything either, just hurts to the touch and i cant move worth shit without pain
    thanks
    B

Had same problem after a few days of riding, no fever, etc... turned out to be appendicitis. After 3 days and calling in symptoms to dr. finally went in and found out it was appendix and was admitted to ER. Bottom line is if it doesn't get better and/or there is diffuse pain when pressure applied, go get it checked out.

typically apin from the appendix is on the right ride. If you push on the abdomen about 1/2 way between your belly button and crest of the pelvis and that spot is painful it COULD be your appendix.

Ab strains can last for quite sometime, some will last weeks or months depending on your activity type and level.

As echoed from above. If you develop a fever or the pain is getting worse instead of better even with rest then get it checked out.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

I strained a muscle in my lower abdomen a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't bad but if I did anything resembling a crunch it let me know it was there. I kept skiing and ended up taking a tumble off a rock band. I fell about 7-8 feet and when I landed my lower abdomen on the left side lit on fire. It hurt like hell to do anything after that so I called it a day.

That night I was considering going to the emergency room. I was worried that I had torn something that wasn't going to put itself back together. I couldn't use my abs at all(which meant I couldn't do anything more than lay in bed), and it was painful to the touch.

It took about a week of doing nothing, gentle massage several times a day, stretching, and keeping the area heated to get to a place where it wasn't hurting every time I moved.

Two and a half weeks out it is still a little stiff but there is no more pain and the stiffness is going away little by little.

Good luck. Pulled muscles in your core are no fun.
    it's all young and fun and skiing and then one day you login and it's relationship advice, gomer glacier tours and geezers.

-Hugh Conway

Pretty much agree with all of the above.

This pain started right after hucking it right?
    If so, it PROBABLY is a muscle strain.

If there was a delay between your jump and the onset of pain, then it COULD be appendicitis. Like Vinman said R lower quadrant, press down and the pain should be worse on RELEASE. Its not always associated with fever(usually is but not always).

Intraabdominal diagnosis is considered one of the most difficult diagnosis in medicine, so over the net its really impossible to tell.

Dont mean to make you paranoid but if it is really bothering you get it checked out. Appendicitis is not something to fuck around with.
    Last edited by Tourette Dude; 01-16-2008 at 11:24 PM.

thanks for all the info/help
    i think im just paranoid, but if it hurts for a few more days im going to the doc, feels a little better today
    it was kind of a delayed pain, but i think that is b/c my adrenaline was going so much from the huck
    anywho, thanks again
    B

I got two hernias in my stomach from skiing. They always felt like I had strained muscles then I noticed the lumps.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

I have groin pulls on both sides from softball last summer. Sharp pains directly across the hip bones eminating from the hip area.. Healing slow but steady. Doc told me they take a long time to heal.

thats funny, i strained my groin 2 days ago popping out of the pipe switch. landed and did a backwards snowplow thing into the splits. it hurt
    i guess thats what i get wearing my AT setup in the park and pipe
    stupid 1" rise
    and im pretty sure my stomach is just an abdomen strained muscle
    it hurts most when arching backwards, leading me to believe its muscle, or lack there of.....
    what a crappy thing to worry about, webMD's explanation of why we have an appendix is pretty funny
    along the lines of "no one has a fucking idea"

i have noticed a major major subsiding in the pain
    fuck yeah, i was freaking out
    the groin thing sucks still thoug