Sweet Protection Igniter Helmet. Looking for beta/comparisons with the Trooper

This thread might be more for the international crowd since these are so damn hard to get in the US. More on that later . . .

I am looking for beta from anyone who has experience with the Sweet Protection Igniter helmet.

I am curious how the Igniter fits (and looks) relative to the Trooper. It appears based on pictures to be a slightly smaller version, kind of a cross between the Trooper and the Rooster. I'd love to hear from anyone who has seen one in person, or better yet skis with one.

I owned a Trooper a few years back but ultimately sold it. I got rid of it mainly because it just seemed really big to me. My head has a large circumference so I need a L/XL, but I don't necessarily have a large face. Anyway, I digress. The helmet looked stupidly big on me.

I would be very interested in the Igniter if it is a smaller version, ala the Trooper/Rooster hybrid I am theorizing it is. I'd also be interested in hooking up with a UK or Euro member who could play middle man for me on a purchase!
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

Taking another shot at this BUMP. Anyone?
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

Hey,
    Dont shoot me if im wrong here, as i havent really fondled the igniter, but it seems to be built on the same "last" as the new trooper models,
    which are actually a big bigger (thicker) then the old model. Shops around here might have em in stock so can take some measurements if i swing by someday.

Did you ever try the rooster? I fit the (old)trooper pretty well, and the rooster looks small on me

(check out sizing chart:
    http://www.sweetprotection.com/ski-a...gniter&pid=567
    Shows the "shock absorbing liner" measurements for all of them being the same except the rooster which is way more low profile externally- thinner shell)

I have an Igniter this season after 5 seasons in a Trooper. I would not say it is any lower profile just a bit lighter and with more ventilation. Also the retention system on is better on the Igniter (and new Trooper) compared to the Trooper from 5 years ago.

Henrik and Scottish -

Big thanks for your replies. I know this is a rare helmet stateside so, again, I appreciate it.

I am interested by the comment that the new Trooper is even "thicker" than the old one. I had an old one, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, and it just seemed unnecessarily large and heavy so I got rid of it.

The Rooster is a good suggestion and I agree that it is more low profile. I just really like the small brim on the Trooper/Igniter, as well as the overall style.