rain x on goggles

So I know some one out there has tried it ... I got some old goggles that I need to work until the new ones get here. Any chance putting rain x on them will work??? I can't stop them from fogging up .. thank

Well the fog is still there it just runs off faster. Helps in the rain.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

find some cat crap, supposed to be the answer to fog

http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_d...45524442583975

the people that make rainx make something called fogx I believe. That would suck to ski where it rains enough to justify putting rainx on your goggles. sorry man

Quote Originally Posted by dallread View Post
    find some cat crap, supposed to be the answer to fog

http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_d...45524442583975
    Cat literally doesn't do crap. It sucks. "Parker's Perfect" actually works, at least for a while, you can get it on reliableracing.com.

Parker's Perfect is the best product out there for fog by FAR. It's still nowhere near "perfect" but it's better than everything else and I've tried them all.

Spit or dish soap on the inside of the lens works well for scuba masks. Should work for ski goggles too.

Playing hockey, we used to put shampoo on our i-tech's to keep them from fogging up. Worked pretty well. That was 10 years ago, but at the time it was better than any fogx or other product out there.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    The Smith cloth anti-fog works pretty well, I've been using them about ten years now.

Personally I wouldn't use anything not made for plastic (or optics specifically) on my goggles for fear of it damaging or ruining them completely. Not to mention outgassing in your eyes? Could get ugly and painful. I dunno.

I know this sounds crazy, and I've never tried it, but an old friend used to swear that rubbing a piece of raw cut and skinned potatoe on the lense would work.

He was a good friend but for some reason I never tried it.

I use the Smith no fog cloth and it works great. In the summer I use the cloth on my Mtb eyewear every time I go out. It works great.
    The coefficent of desireability is inversly proportionate to the degree of availability.

I believe the back of the Rain-X bottle states that you should not use Rain-X on UV coated plastics. I've used Cat with limited success, certainly it's better than nothing. It seems if I get a good coating on it, it works ok but if I take a head dive in 2' feet of snow and have to wipe the snow/moisture off the goggles, the anti-fog protection of the cat crap goes with it. Will have to check out some of the alternatives mentioned in this thread.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I'm shooting from my hips, but I think rainX contains chemical/solvent that will likely dissolve protective coatings on goggle ...and plastic is not the same as hard glass surface.

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    I'm shooting from my hips, but I think rainX contains chemical/solvent that will likely dissolve protective coatings on goggle ...and plastic is not the same as hard glass surface.
    Yeah, judging from what I've heard, putting it on the outside would probably mess up any mirrored coating, and putting it on the inside would likely completely destroy the delicate coating hygroscopic there.

I have no idea what it is called cause I have not been spear fishing in ages but no matter where I was on the world there would always be a similar type of plant near the coast. It was basically a mini version of an Aloe Vera plant which you would rub across a rock and then smear the juices on the inside of the goggle lens. Of all the things that I have used diving goggle wise it definitely worked the best. The goggles also had a polarizing film that the plant juice never damaged and my goggles never fogged up as long as I did not forget to rub the plant on the inside of the glass first. Cant be sure if its valid for snow goggles and living in the mountains makes findings such a plant a bitch but cause it is in the same family as Aloe Vera I can imagine any natural Aloe Vera skin crap would work. Take lens out of the frame smear the gunk on and rinse the lens off thats how it worked with diving goggles anyway.

The vacuum seal between the goggle lenses is probably broken. No matter what, it will fog.

Besides, everyone knows you put the RainX on your bases if you wanna go really fast.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    The vacuum seal between the goggle lenses is probably broken. No matter what, it will fog.

Besides, everyone knows you put the RainX on your bases if you wanna go really fast.
    yep, sounds like a busted seal. nothing to do but part with cash.... The only other thing is if you don't let the goggles dry out thoroughly each time you use them. Don't put them away wet.
    Be more like your dog...

3inch thick layer of cat crap!