Are these bindings trash? Need tech help!!

I got these bindings from the gear swap, described as "used one year, cosmetic damage but in great shape" Just tried to get them adjusted for my boot and no one will even touch them. There is a huge chip on the heel piece that makes the boot very loose on that side.

1. Here is a closeup of the chip.

2. Here is my boot in the binding:

3. With a good hit to the heel it comes right out:

I pretty much know that they are worthless but I need to know if there is any fix for them. Is there any way to replace just that part? Where could i find one? What should i expect to pay?

Thanks for your help

I would not use them.

I imagine you might need to get a replacement heelpiece. Did you buy them off of gear swap here? If so, get a refund.

May be able to replace the heel alone, and retain the track, but not sure how readily you'll find parts. If you have a friendly ski-tech you could see if they test out, but it looks like in the first pic it wants to chip out more so you may be delaying the inevitable. Guessing anyone who saw them gave you the "we don't work on broken equip, liability, lawers, etcccc. Ask around the board maybe someone has a single, got a Salomon toe from Europe once stranger things have happened.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

"cosmetic damage" ????

that is hillarious!

out the bastard if it was tgr gear swap. Help me make sure that I dont buy his crap.
    . . .

That heel is fucked. It will not hold you in, this is not just a shop liability issue.
    Move along nothing to see here.

I wouldn't use em. Ask the guy to take them back, that's more than cosmetic damage.

If he doesn't take em back and give a refund, I'm sure somebody here will help you out .......your Cloudveil Code post was a big hit here. Thanks
    The coefficent of desireability is inversly proportionate to the degree of availability.

x8, or whatever... just get a new heelpiece, if the fucker won't refund your hard-earned $$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

If the seller won't give you a full refund, out him, and then ask your favorite shop to try sending it back to rossignol. Tell them the full story and the may help you out. No lying or stretching of the truth.

thanks for the help guys. i have some shop friends and i will see what they can do for me if the seller doesn't take them back or get me a new pair. I have sent him an email and if i don't get some support i will out him.

traded a new pair of districts for p4's with these bindings. Wanted to test them tomorrow, can't believe this guy f*cked me!!!

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by gomez View Post
    traded a new pair of districts for p4's with these bindings. Wanted to test them tomorrow, can't believe this guy f*cked me!!!
    Like the Bud Light commercial...... "Dude."
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

LOL.

I hope that guy isn't selling any transceivers...

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    LOL.

I hope that guy isn't selling any transceivers...
    Probably just ship you a broken studfinder with an ortovox sticker on it.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    If you've got some shop friends, have them call up Rossi. Most companies will replace newer equipment without asking many questions if they're going back through a shop. If you don't need them right away, send them back as quick as possible- you can always get a return authorization code regardless of how they were broken. If they give you a new heel, great, but alot of times they're just as willing to replace the product just to keep things simple.

I did that exact thing to mine last year, got a replacement from the importer, but as the replacement was a 120, they sent me a new pair at the start of this season.

I talked directly to the importer (in Norway) as the shop I bought them at had shut down, mentioned something along the lines of "bad batch", "faulty plastics" and the like and they were really cool about it.

I´d be happy to get just the "barrel" of the heelpiece. It slides into the track, no hassle.

And curses sent to the bastard who sold you those. I tried skiing mine in that condition, and they were completely useless. The fucker knew he was selling broken gear, and he should reimburse you if you have to pay to get the replacement.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Angry

Funny coincidence. Just last week I bought a pair of Seth Pistols from a ski patroller from Mammoth with some Solly 912 bindings off craigslist. I stalked him on google and he is indeed with the Mammoth ski patrol.

Turns out one of the bindings is several stomps away from being really messed up. There are a bunch of cracks around one of the screws in the heel plate that allow some lateral play and are simply not safe. My local tech's response was, "Yeahhh, I wouldn't ride those..." Of course I haven't gotten any reply e-mails to my polite query about it. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but it's been 2 days.

Lesson learned. Thank God I found this place, I'm never buying used gear anywhere except here. If for some odd reason you can scavenge parts from the working 912, let me know, but I somehow doubt it.
    Last edited by Kiko; 01-08-2008 at 03:23 AM.

This thread belongs to gomez.
    The coefficent of desireability is inversly proportionate to the degree of availability.

Okay, nevermind. He finally got back to me. It seems these gnarly storms had him on the hill 11 hours everyday. My faith in humanity is restored.

Err, sorry to piggy-back my faulty binding problem onto your thread, but what would a pair of Solly 912s go for if they were fully working and ridden 1 season around here? I figure that'd be a fair price for him to kick back. $60, maybe?

Thanks in advance.

smi hijacking this thread.
    Have the same bindning but different problem. Something happened during a bigger crash. So one of the heelpieces is not as stable as they should be. You have to set them one step forward and kick in the boot to get somewhat retention. Really bothers me. Can it be fixed or is the heelpiece fucked for all eternity?

take to shop, call rossi directly. I believe that the 18 din series has a metal cup on the heel to prevent that, but not 100 percent positive on that. Is there a chance they broke in shipping? Either way, the dude should give you whatever money back you want. I would then use that money to get something that is time tested, like any older look or sally.
    Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
    Funny coincidence. Just last week I bought a pair of Seth Pistols from a ski patroller from Mammoth with some Solly 912 bindings off craigslist. I stalked him on google and he is indeed with the Mammoth ski patrol.

Turns out one of the bindings is several stomps away from being really messed up. There are a bunch of cracks around one of the screws in the heel plate that allow some lateral play and are simply not safe. My local tech's response was, "Yeahhh, I wouldn't ride those..." Of course I haven't gotten any reply e-mails to my polite query about it. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but it's been 2 days.

Lesson learned. Thank God I found this place, I'm never buying used gear anywhere except here. If for some odd reason you can scavenge parts from the working 912, let me know, but I somehow doubt it.
    That is a minor problem. The plastic bottom plate of the 912 is the same as on all consumer Salomon bindings. That should be one of the easiest spare parts to get hold of. Just find a old one laying around in a hidden away box in a store and you will probably get it for next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
    take to shop, call rossi directly. I believe that the 18 din series has a metal cup on the heel to prevent that, but not 100 percent positive on that. Is there a chance they broke in shipping? Either way, the dude should give you whatever money back you want. I would then use that money to get something that is time tested, like any older look or sally.
    Hunter
    Yup. The PX15 and 18 are all metal heel and toe. After snapping the wings off a P/PX style toe, no more plastic Look/Rossi for me. That said, Look took care of me and set me up with a brand new pair of binders, even though I bought mine used and they were 2 years old....I sold them (PX14) and bought the 15's....
    Martha's just polishing the brass on the Titanic....

Quote Originally Posted by MnO View Post
    That is a minor problem. The plastic bottom plate of the 912 is the same as on all consumer Salomon bindings. That should be one of the easiest spare parts to get hold of. Just find a old one laying around in a hidden away box in a store and you will probably get it for next to nothing.
    Hmm, I'll poke around some more. Thanks.

Seems like most of the bigger (still non-chain) stores around Sacramento don't really want to bother with spare parts since they're really busy (read: charging money to hot wax soccer moms' skis). Unfortunately the local tech that would totally help me isn't a Solomon dealer.