how many days a week to work out when skiing?

So before the season really kicked off I was working out 4-5 days a week, now I am skiing close to 2-3 days a week on average. Do you guys consider the days you ski a work out to let your body recover? or do you ski and work out?? Just wondering if I should give my body a break...

Your body should let you know. With three days a week of skiing, I would do a light work out, here and there in between to at least release some lactic acid.

Skiing is why you work out. No break pussy.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

When skiing alot 1-2 days a week.

When training for skiing 4-6 days a week.

Does anyone have a good training method to help eliminate the burning legs i have after several days of skiing? Obviously the answer is a day or two off, but within that can you train to help reduce this?

Quote Originally Posted by FredsTrees View Post
    When skiing alot 1-2 days a week.

When training for skiing 4-6 days a week.

Does anyone have a good training method to help eliminate the burning legs i have after several days of skiing? Obviously the answer is a day or two off, but within that can you train to help reduce this?
    WTF. Yeah more skiing, your legs will get the idea and catch up to you.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Thats so insightful tuckerman, thanks. We cant all ski everyday.

I live in Philadelphia and cant ski very much, but like to take adventure type trips to the tetons, wasatch, etc. I find that my cardio is fine, my strength is fine and that i can ski many days in a row, but that the burn sets in very quickly as i go on day after day. Ultimatly I lose the pop and the explosivenenss as well...

This is probably a symptom of day after day skiing w/o specific training, but i was wondering if there was any suggestion to help simulate this? Perhaps someone can suggest in home or gym exercises that help this, or a routine after skiing that clears this up?

Perhaps someone can suggest in home or gym exercises that help this, or a routine after skiing that clears this up?
    Ok, standing box jumps, sprints, pistols, squats, one leg box jumps, run hills up and down. To name just a few. Stretch repeat.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

We cant all ski everyday....

Perhaps someone can suggest in home or gym exercises that help this, or a routine after skiing that clears this up?
    Um...welcome to most of our collective realities. There is nothing that you can do pre-season to fully prep your body for skiing. You can train (as it sounds like you do) and you can start skiing. But skiing multiple days in a row makes everyone burn. Your legs burning isn't something you really want to ignore by taking stuff like sportleg (which doesn't work). That is your body's way of telling you that it's tired and if you keep beating it up, you are primed for an injury.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Quote Originally Posted by girlski0912 View Post
    Um...welcome to most of our collective realities. ...skiing multiple days in a row makes everyone burn. Your legs burning isn't something you really want to ignore by taking stuff like sportleg (which doesn't work). That is your body's way of telling you that it's tired and if you keep beating it up, you are primed for an injury.
    speaking as a gimp central reader, when I do that collective reality math, I take the # of days I have off, subtract 2 for travel [or not, if it’s utah], and that’s the number of ski days. if I’m going with someone who might try and talk me out of skiing EVERY day, I buy lift tickets in advance to make sure that’s a really silly option. leg rest can be achieved skiing cruisers [but I'd still count a ski day as a day I worked out]. there, one of my “difficult girl” secrets !
    Liz