Thread: kegerator

kegerator

Just finished my latest project... the home mountain themed kegerator and ski pole tap handle. I had built one of these before and it just made me want to build more. anyway, wanted to post up and see if anyone else has a custom kegerator set up.

Solid work!

Thumbs up

Perfect timing. We are looking for a new fridge and will take the old one out to the garage as a beer fridge (a larger one than I have now).

I am going to need more pics and information please???

The paint job is rockin!!

that is epic

where in burlington are you?
    im right in the center of town on pearl st and s willard
    Live

A beer fortress in the kingdom of cheese...
    Great job!!! Looks like a prime location in the house too!

(Just one question, I get the upper portion of the yellow/black graphic; obviously trees... but what the heck is the bottom half??? Closest I can guess is a kangaroo bent over a deviled egg??? )
    If some of the best times of my life were skiing the UP in -40 wind chill with nothing but jeans, cotton long johns and a wine flask to keep warm while sleeping in the back of my dad's van... does that make me old school?

"REHAB SAVAGE, REHAB!!!"

if you need any help breaking that in, im in Burlington and bored...
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

That's awesome! Mine is not so pretty, but does the job. I really like the ski pole idea. One of my tap handles is the rod that was in my femur so i guess it's kind of custom.

Quote Originally Posted by timvwcom View Post
    Great job!!! Looks like a prime location in the house too!

(Just one question, I get the upper portion of the yellow/black graphic; obviously trees... but what the heck is the bottom half??? Closest I can guess is a kangaroo bent over a deviled egg??? )
    HAHA, the sick thing is that i can actually see what your talking about. the trees on the front are actually modeled after the cover art on the new meathead films movie.

hopefully they don't mind me using part of their design. I new that i wanted to have trees on the front, but wasnt sure how to do it till i saw thier cover art.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    One of my tap handles is the rod that was in my femur so i guess it's kind of custom
    that looks like a real nice set up. you homebrew? I still have all the hardware from my external fixator. I bet i could make like 6 handles, thats a sweet idea.

Quote Originally Posted by caddah View Post

that looks like a real nice set up. you homebrew? I still have all the hardware from my external fixator. I bet i could make like 6 handles, thats a sweet idea.
    yeah i brew. can keep 4 soda kegs in there then 3 more in the fridge next to it for fermenting. makes things a lot easier. you a homebrewer as well?

yeah i brew. can keep 4 soda kegs in there then 3 more in the fridge next to it for fermenting. makes things a lot easier. you a homebrewer as well?
    no, never have, but I've always wanted to make some home made stouts.

for anyone who wants to make a kegerator, i did not take any pictures while i was building it, but its a pretty simple process. micromatic is where I got my kit and they have good info on it. the paint job took much longer than converting the fridge.

That's awesome! Mine is not so pretty, but does the job. I really like the ski pole idea. One of my tap handles is the rod that was in my femur so i guess it's kind of custom.

THis my friend, looks like serious trouble. Holy shit, you have a full bar in your bedroom?

Nice work on the fridge caddah. Gots to build one my self to put my homebrew in.

The "On Tap" card is a nice touch, you fucking alcky.

[QUOTE=caddah;1613150]Just finished my latest project... the home mountain themed kegerator and ski pole tap handle. I had built one of these before and it just made me want to build more. anyway, wanted to post up and see if anyone else has a custom kegerator set up.

I just needed to say that's great stuff. I cannot think of a better setting and place to get cold beer from, and I am so envious of the good stuff up you can get up there by the way

I always had these great aspirations for building a kegerator, and that dream was shattered after moving to a keg forsaken state. I still keep a tiny shred of hope for a purveyor of beer goodness in my house, and yours is truly inspiring. Nice art job, and enjoy

Drink up for me

Well college is done, and its time to move out of the apartment, So the kegerator is for sale. if theres any mags in the burlington area looking for one of these let me know. I would feel better seeing this going to someone who shreds stowe. I was thinking 250 OBO.

Well college is done, and its time to move out of the apartment, So the kegerator is for sale. if theres any mags in the burlington area looking for one of these let me know. I would feel better seeing this going to someone who shreds stowe. I was thinking 250 OBO.

Nice job.

The last one we had was given to us by some ICP freaks.

Damn, if it were a mini fridge conversion I'd be all over this but I don't think I'll be able to lug a full size fridge to Ann Arbor come September, however, it is a great deal on a pretty damn sick looking kegerator.
    "The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a temporary prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunists."

Kegerators are one of the easiest things to come by for free. We have had three and never paid for a single one.

^^stop bein a spoiled bitch

I'm a low brow but I rock a little know how

Quote Originally Posted by altabird92 View Post
    hold on, I have an idea.....
    Give it Away !
    Good beer Karma, I'm sure you know some VT ski bums that'll give it a good home
    "Feeling good my brother gonna hug me, Drink my juice young love chug-a-lug me"
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by altabird92 View Post

Spoiled because if you spend a little time on craigslist you will realize people give away perfectly good refrigerators and completed kegerators all the time?

I considered giving it away for the karma factor...it isnt exactly a beater though. I spent quite a bit of time on it, and its only like 4 months old, and the kit was expensive.

maybe I could trade it towards a mntn bike or something....

Im sure It'll find a home somewhere. Im not worried, but I do have to be out by June 1st.