Best Boot You Ever Had, Why?

15-17 yrs old Raichle Flexon Comp Racing, the green and purple one.
    Almost no liner, low volume and the complete lack of calf wrapped my bird legs like a soft-shelled taco. Great Flex and feel, not the warmest boot, but skied oh so well. My foot got bigger in length and width, not sure I could take one anymore, definitely in need of some mods.

Salomon Course, last four pairs of boots.
    Had a race rep hook me up with the first one out, a two part boot, had to screw it together myself. Required quite a bit of griniding etc, to make it fit. My toes bleed, I wore a 27.5 (9.5)with a race liner and wore a street shoe 12.5. This was dumb. I could ski with a new feeling for my edge but couldn't feel my feet on the lift and often thought I would piss myself if the lift stopped, not really enjoyable.

Moved to the more humane version the regular course and skied for a year and a half and broke the carbon spine in the back of the boot, warrantied with no problem.
    Replaced that pair last year and also added a WC boot, it is possible the worst thing I have ever put on my foot but skis so amazingly I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Like the Sillymons for power and durability, they are not in my mind in the course and WC boot a slam dunk fit, but when modified are worth the effort.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

My last pair of Flexon Pro T's, the recent yellow ones. The ones that reduced my boot-induced pain and trouble by like 90% or so. My new ones might end up being just as good; but haven't been with me for as long yet.

Lange Comp 120 FR because its the first boot that has been professionally fit to my feet. skis like a dream.... mmmm...

Originally posted by Telepath
    My last pair of Flexon Pro T's, the recent yellow ones. The ones that reduced my boot-induced pain and trouble by like 90% or so. My new ones might end up being just as good; but haven't been with me for as long yet.

Telepath, your hard to believe with your avitar,

"my boots are great!"

Dig how the TGR board is in the background though.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Originally posted by CaddyDaddy77
    Telepath, your hard to believe with your avitar,
    That's the last 10% of the problem that still remains; I'm still skiing them a size too small as they are still not really narrow enough for me. But better than anything else I've found. At least I don't go numb in my feet for like a week after wearing my boots anymore.

Salomon 1080 boot. Huge slipper of a thing that are the only boots I've ever worn that didn't have me staggering around like a hillbilly at an OxyContin buffet when I took 'em off at the end of the day.

Lange Comp 120. Stiff forward, totally unbendable laterally, reasonably comfortable with custom footbeds. Rearward support is unrivaled. Buckles look good and operate like a dream, replacable toe and heel lugs. The only gripe is that the liners are not in the least bit warm. I'm thinking about upgrading to custom injected ones to see if that makes the difference. I have shitty circulation to begin with, but my toes have gone numb at 15F in these things, and they are fitted perfectly to my feet and not overbuckled. I guesss I need to get the hell out of the Northeast and ski in Cali, WA, or BC where its never really that cold.

Richlee F1 Pro's , with Thermo Liners and Vibram Souls......More control than any of my previous boots (Nordica Grand Prix, Dynafit 3f Foams, Dacshtine Foam WC)...and so much more comfortable....and no cold feet....after 450+ days and 4 remoulds of the liners, they are more foam and ducktape than anything else....replaced with a new pair (footworks has amazing backstock in their basement) one size smaller....the stock liners will be replaced with thermos soon...already packing out at 5 days!!!! and they will have vibram before I leave town

Salomon XWave 8's, the blue one's from a couple year's back, they're a 90 or 95 flex, either way I think they're stiffer than the current 8's. They were custom fit and I used some custom footbeds I had from some previous boots. I have freakish feet, size 11.5 shoe, feet are so flat that they go to a 10.5 with any arch support, plus i got some pronation issues too...anyway, after fitting, these boots are great, plenty stiff, i only wish they were a bit warmer. i'm intrigued by boots with Outlast liners...hopefully my feet will appreciate the west coast better than the east and i won't need to resort to hotfeet.

I heart my Daleboots. My feet are as comfortable as they've ever been, and I have more control than I've ever had.

Out of the:
    Molitor
    Trappeur Pro (first all plastic highback boot)
    Heschung
    Nordica
    Lange
    Raichle Comp
    Raichle Flexon

nothing compares to the Flexon. Light, warm and comfy like pussy. Best boot ever.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Lange Comp 120 LF

Great fit right out of the box, with no modifications or custom footbeds required for my feet.

Comfortable, responsive, quick, and with good feel for both skis and snow.

Used for both inbounds and some bootpack hiking, but not as part of an AT rig.

Originally posted by seldon
    Lange Comp 120 FR because its the first boot that has been professionally fit to my feet. skis like a dream.... mmmm...
    they better be good, didn't they cost a grand?

Mine: Garmont Ener-G G-fit. Will be even better when I get pimp footbeds for next year.

my last two pair of salomon x-wave tens have treated me well. great fit and performance. held up sweet through 100+ day seasons.

The newer Flexon T (black & yellow). Got them close out a few years ago on factory closeout, then had them foamed. Great for skiiny legs. Light, and sweet for hiking or touring. Not quite as precise as my old Grand Prix's, but much easier on the body and faster in bumpy terrain. Best of all, they have not caused anymore weird bone growths.

Definitely my Scarpa Denali XTs. Alpine boot stiffness and control with Vibram soles, walk mode, and a hell of a lot lighter too. I use them for both inbounds and offpiste skiing and I don't think I'll ever use another boot. It's a little beefy for long multi hour skins, but well worth it when you point the skis downhill. They even hike very well. And they work with both AT and regular alpine binders. I'm sold.

when i was a kid, because they prolly didn't fit well, but sure were comfortable

My current boots: Rossi Race 9.2

They've broken in really well, have a sweeeeeet flex, and fit like a glove. Top notch.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

ca 1995 tecnica tnt explosion 10