Page 207 of 294 FirstFirst ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 7329
    Where's da luvvv. Very impressed with the conditions here. Decided to join some friends over at Copper this past weekend and must say it had ify conditions (read: exposed elements, ice and people). Looking forward to more terrain opening...

Does anyone know the latest on building out Loveland's masterplan? I hear they are planning on building another ridge lift, up above chair 2, to the wild child area...

The new lift proposed will be above the top of lift 8, and the thing above lift 2 was going to be a surface lift along the ridgeline. From the plan:
    Lift 10 is planned, in an alignment directly above Lift 8, to access The Ridge which is
    currently accessible only by hiking from the top of Lift 9. Installation of Lift 10 would
    convert this terrain off of The Ridge to lift-served. The terrain off the lift is very popular with
    Loveland skiers, and Lift 10 is expected to be well used, particularly on powder days and in
    early morning spring skiing conditions (the lift is south-facing). Lift 10 is planned to be a
    fixed-grip triple with a capacity of 1,000 people per hour, to regulate the numbers of skiers
    on the terrain. The planned top terminal elevation is over 12,900 feet, which would make it
    the highest elevation lift at Loveland (and in the country). With a vertical rise of about 970
    feet, and a slope length of about 3,700, it would serve open bowl terrain. Power is planned
    to be installed underground in conjunction with the construction of the planned mountain
    road that accesses the bottom terminal of Lift 10.
    The planned Ridge surface lift would also be used to access more of The Ridge. Unlike
    Lift 10, it would not provide any repeat-skiing opportunities. Instead, it would be used in
    conjunction with Lift 9 to provide easier access to the portion of The Ridge to the south of
    Lift 9. Skiers would ski/hike along The Ridge, and then use the surface lift to gain access to a
    higher point along The Ridge. Due to the remoteness and the low power requirement of this
    short lift, the power supply will be self-contained with this lift installation. Options for this
    are currently being researched, but examples of propane powered surface lifts exist in the
    ski industry.
    Change is good. You go first.

Wonder how deferent the wind will be for 10 vs 9?

I skied well over a dozen days there before I ever got to ride 9, was usually storm chasing, but still that's a pretty high shut down rate.

also interesting is the proposed surface lift on that master plan map that would get you up to the wild child/porcupine saddle area.

Is there any talk of this happening soon or is it far in the future?

A few patrollers I've ridden the chair with have said that it's mostly about money. LL needs a good snow year or two with strong skier visit numbers.

Tuesday-->Wednesday looks pretty damn snowy. The real question is...will Loveland open sufficient terrain to justify taking the day off on Wednesday.....

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Tuesday-->Wednesday looks pretty damn snowy. The real question is...will Loveland open sufficient terrain to justify taking the day off on Wednesday.....
    Stay home we'll check it out for ya, and let you know about 1530 hrs....
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    Stay home we'll check it out for ya, and let you know about 1530 hrs....
    hahahhaa, yeah. Hope to see you there.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    It's Loveland. The answer is no (duh!).

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    It's Loveland. The answer is no (duh!).
    So true, and funny for me because I've been skiing so many lines in the vicinity. So much snow. They could be 100% open right now. Well it's a little thin in the north facing trees like zoom/otr, but if it had been skied early even that would be pretty well packed down and covered instead of rotted out. It just makes me laugh to see all the white everywhere, in bounds, with no tracks on it.

Shrug. That's Loveland.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Does anyone from Denver want to meet at the Dino Lots tomorrow morning early? I'm hoping to meet some people from this board and take advantage of the new snow.

Hw was today? Did they open anything new? Worth goin up tomorrow?
    Not done with my drink til I've crunched all the ice

I saw shots that they opened up a lot of the stuff under #1. I don't believe that #4 or #8 have spun yet. Could be tomorrow or Friday for those.

So great, chair 1 ftw!
    Henry David Thoreau

One opened up yesterday for 45 minutes, so some of it was tracked. Not much, though. Plus all the new snow overnight made it good. They opened up South Chutes around noon, and it was the deepest I found. Tomahawk was really nice.
    I saw 4 spin a little bit today, but just as a trial. There was no skiing there. Patrol seems to be opening a lot after this most recent storm, so I'm optimistic more will open under 4 and 8 very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    So great, chair 1 ftw!
    So true.

South chutes made the second half of my day even more perfect.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    So great, chair 1 ftw!
    x2

... for those that have looked at the new Management Plan (link above), if there is to be cat skiing on Trelease + Dry Gulch, does that mean (a) the area will be subject to avy control and (b) access for the general public will be different?

If I read it correctly, Mgt Plan report says only 5% of LL's skiers are considered "expert"? Seemed like +50% today and every other mid-week pow day I've been there? Car park was +50% full today. I wonder how they put those skier category numbers together; it couldn't be scan counts on Chair #1??? (Then again, maybe my perspective is skewed by all the "aggressive expert" skiers on TGR, ha!)

Bummed I missed south chutes. Went skiing with some Loveland instructors midday and they wanted to ski NixNox bumps (of course, being instructors) which was really fun too, even with big powder boards, so you know it was skiing well.

Haha I think I know Loveland somewhat, but I unintentionally ended up on NixNox for my first run and I was the second chair loaded. Troughs filled in knee deep with powder and I was the only person on the run, one track, just mine. Really special memorable run for me.

I also intended to ski chicken alley trees and ended up in the trees next to the lift line. Just can't find Cat's Meow no matter what I do.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard_of_Oz View Post
    If I read it correctly, Mgt Plan report says only 5% of LL's skiers are considered "expert"? Seemed like +50% today and every other mid-week pow day I've been there? Car park was +50% full today. I wonder how they put those skier category numbers together; it couldn't be scan counts on Chair #1??? (Then again, maybe my perspective is skewed by all the "aggressive expert" skiers on TGR, ha!)
    Look at Chair 2 on a weekend.

Ski areas all over are looking to add blue and green terrain. Sure, on a cold ass pow day, you might have a bunch of skiers who think they are aggressive experts about, but a). Loveland already has their money (season pass, bag lunchers) and b) look at the place on an average day. Gapers buy those expensive lift tickets, buy lunch, beers, and rent skis. Any expert terrain added is collateral.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Gapers buy those expensive lift tickets, buy lunch, beers, and rent skis. Any expert terrain added is collateral.
    Fuck. Guess I need to reevaluate the Rathskeller

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Fuck. Guess I need to reevaluate the Rathskeller
    Your two Zima habit ain't gonna keep them in business long bud.

I know it's an old topic but damn Loveland, open some fucking terrain! I checked out how the upper mtn was looking today from the Pass and there's no reason 9 and 8 should not be open. WTF is wrong with them? Every other mtn would have the open already. A Basin has Pali and the Alleys open /end rant