Page 248 of 294 FirstFirst ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 7329
    Also, I hear that Loveland Valley gets a large percentage of terrain open early in the season. What was I thinking?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Isn't all of Loveland a valley? Longest sustained pitch from a single lift maybe 900ft?

And people say Vail is flat... (not that it isn't)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

I always wondered why those "you wouldn't like it here" stickers didn't also mention that it's flat. Maybe hits a little too close to home? Loveland needs to play to its strengths... Maybe make up some "Lift 9 Nordic Center" t-shirts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Loveland tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    I always wondered why those "you wouldn't like it here" stickers didn't also mention that it's flat. Maybe hits a little too close to home? Loveland needs to play to its strengths... Maybe make up some "Lift 9 Nordic Center" t-shirts...
    I lol'ed. Best laugh in a couple of days. Thanks for that.

I know a guy who could probably do shirts for around $15, or I might just revert to my punk roots and sharpie it on a LL tee I already own...

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    I lol'ed. Best laugh in a couple of days. Thanks for that.

I know a guy who could probably do shirts for around $15, or I might just revert to my punk roots and sharpie it on a LL tee I already own...
    That would be awesome... Get it over a silhouette of a dude in a beanie and some carhartts chasing the chicken down whatever the main drag is there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Switch to flat skate to the road FTMFW!!!

Left my vwerk Katanas/panda poles by the Rath door today and someone walked with them. Luckily they were turned into lost/found by the time I got to my car. The employee wouldn't tell me who turned in my gear but suggested they picked it up by mistake. I've never worried about leaving my gear anywhere at Luv before but now I'm thinking about getting a lock. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Left my vwerk Katanas/panda poles by the Rath door today and someone walked with them. Luckily they were turned into lost/found by the time I got to my car. The employee wouldn't tell me who turned in my gear but suggested they picked it up by mistake. I've never worried about leaving my gear anywhere at Luv before but now I'm thinking about getting a lock. Sad
    Huh? Your shit was taken by mistake, and turned in very quickly, and you take that as a sign that people there steal skis?
    Last edited by Danno; 02-17-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Huh? Your shit was taken by mistake, and turned in very quickly, and you take that as a sign that people there steal skis?
    Should have provided more detail. I've seen a few katanas w/ kingpins at Luv. I've seen a few people with pandas but none with the rasta grips. I've definitely never seen anyone with that combo. I spent 20-30 min checking racks and talking to people inside and out. Gave up, left my contact info and headed to my truck. Gear was turned in quick after that. Theft is definitely not a common problem at Luv but I'm having a hard time believing this was a simple mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Should have provided more detail. I've seen a few katanas w/ kingpins at Luv. I've seen a few people with pandas but none with the rasta grips. I've definitely never seen anyone with that combo. I spent 20-30 min checking racks and talking to people inside and out. Gave up, left my contact info and headed to my truck. Gear was turned in quick after that. Theft is definitely not a common problem at Luv but I'm having a hard time believing this was a simple mistake.
    Sounds like a mistake to me. People are clueless and don't pay attention.

How was this not a mistake???. They. Were. Turned. Back. In.

You see when people are intent on stealing something, they keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Sounds like a mistake to me. People are clueless and don't pay attention.
    This.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    How was this not a mistake???. They. Were. Turned. Back. In.

You see when people are intent on stealing something, they keep it.
    This.
    And yes, ski theft does occur at Loveland

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    This.
    And yes, ski theft does occur at Loveland
    Back to bickering about why the fuck the Ridge isn't open!!!!

Oh, wait.....

✌️

Clear Creek coroner: Loveland Ski Area ski patrol mishandled dead skier’s body

http://www.summitdaily.com/news/crim...d-skiers-body/

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Clear Creek coroner: Loveland Ski Area ski patrol mishandled dead skier’s body

http://www.summitdaily.com/news/crim...d-skiers-body/
    Rut ro. Buckle in for a fun ride.

I'm not a lawyer...but that seems like the sort of thing an angry family could sue for.
    Last edited by doebedoe; 03-30-2017 at 09:31 AM.

That sounds like something fishy is going on, or it's just really bad reporting looking to stir up a story out of nothing. I'm not sure what his wife can sue for, though.

They could cite the patrollers.

Total failure in procedure/training... any EMT should know this... and you would sure as heck think that senior pro staff / ALS patrollers would know this. Cover the body with a tarp and/or close the run until the investigation is through.

ski patrol arrived about 10 minutes later, which contradicts the account of a speedy response offered in a Loveland news release
    That I disagree with. If there isn't a patroller who happens to be sitting at the top of 8 when it was dispatched, then 10 minutes is actually pretty speedy!

Not that it would of mattered from what we could glean from the newsies, these were sadly injuries incompatible with life.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Sounds more like a lifty found him than a well trained patrol staff.

Uhh yeah, that's quite a head scratcher...

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    That I disagree with. If there isn't a patroller who happens to be sitting at the top of 8 when it was dispatched, then 10 minutes is actually pretty speedy!

Not that it would of mattered from what we could glean from the newsies, these were sadly injuries incompatible with life.
    I know in the past it was standard practice to have a patroller sitting in the top shack of every lift at all times. The last few years I've noticed this becoming less common. The change seems to roughly coincide with a change in leadership of LL ski patrol. I ain't saying the two are connected, but it makes you wonder....

WTF>this is one of the most basic protocols patrollers are taught when they start the job, you close the run cover the body to allow a proper site investigation. And in this kinda situation, there is communication with supervising patrollers who would make this kinda decision....and the Coroner is the one calling them out, so it doesn't seem like the press making something out of nothing. A 10 minute response time is not bad at all, but moving the body is unbelievable. Ohhh Loveland.

Very sad. Cole was one of the nicest, most hard working guys in the community. Shred in Peace my dude.

Power outage at loveland forces lift evacuations:
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/2017/0...ft-evacuations

Which lifts? No diesel?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.