Thread: shin guards

Question shin guards

Was thinking of buying some, but I'm not sure what too get. I was actually thinking that I'd buy soccer guards because they look less restirictive, but they don't have knee protection. Any suggstions on guards or other protective gear?

Core Rat makes some good ones for warmer weather riding. They are open in the back for ventilation, them don't move around, and they do their job.

Godd stuff.

http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp...at=80&brand=58
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Originally posted by snow_slider
    Core Rat makes some good ones for warmer weather riding. They are open in the back for ventilation, them don't move around, and they do their job.

Godd stuff.

http://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp...at=80&brand=58
    I second that emotion on the Core Rats. I've had 'em for two years now and I'm the only one who doesn't over-heat on summer rides. They're lite, they come off real easy, and you can use the velcro straps to attatch them to your pack or bike if you have a long fire road climb ahead. Plus you can add the knee pads (purchased seperately) by velcro and straps, and remove them at will as well. it's a great system. Not too expensive either.
    www.corerat.com
    "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"

I've got two pairs- The Roach Indy Shin guards which are their ballistic nylon ones thta just go around the shin. I used those all summer, and they are a little bit hot, but cooler than neoprene. I also picked up a pair of the Roach Rally Fr, Knee?shin pads, and they are awesome! THey refuse to move even on a 12 mile XC lap, and they are fairly cool for the amount of protection they provide. It seems like when even i just wear my shinnies i seem to hit my knee on something, wheter it be a shifter or a tree or bench. I still use both, but prefer the Rally's.

Fox 911 knee and elbow guards work for me. And I add neoprene ankle/shin guards for DH (after getting a bunch of stitches in my ankle last year). Personally, looking for new ones I'd go try them on with my bike shorts, jump/walk around with them on for a while to see if they stay put and go with whatever is comfortable, lightweight, and provides good coverage. If I was looking for new ones I'd probably be trying to find a deal on Dainese.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"