Snowmobile Ski Rack

What kind of ski rack systems are people using for snowmobiles? I have tried riding with skis on my pack, strapping them horizontally to the sled rack, strapping them lengthwise to the sides of the sled, and feel that there has to be a better way. Some commercial kits I have seen such as the X-rack and cheetahfactoryracing systems look good but are pricey. Anybody have experience with any of these or have a good DIY system? Thanks.

X-rack

cheetahfactoryracing rack

Did you try the search function? Or would you like me to do it for you?

I may or may not have searched...

Anyways, thanks for the link, and if anybody has more to add regarding racks I would appreciate the additional imput.

Here are some pics of my cheap setup. Some Kolpin atv racks, U bolts, a piece of crossbar rack, and a bungie cord. Total cost around $50 for 2 sleds.

If I had nicer sleds I would probably invest in the Cheetah rack but I'm such a cheapskate.

And it also works fine with the fatties.

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    Drop the money on the cheetah double rack. Yeah its expensive, but unlike other expensive snowmobile parts, you can actually put it on your next sled.

What's holding the tips down? I like the ATV gun rack idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
    The bungie over the seat puts upward pressure on the tips, the tips are just jammed into where your feet go. Still plenty of foot room with just one pair of skis per sled.

If any Bozemanites need some 6" PVC tube cut to length for a sled rack PM me. Decided the gun racks was a simpler way to mount.

SNOWMOBILE SKI RACKS, WHAT TO BUY?

I Have found a few racks out there for sale or I could make my own but I would like stay away from the home made look. The webbing idea at the front of your running boards looks easy, it looks like your skis will be in your way. The X-rack looks like it will hold a lot of stuff but it's heavy and is just too bulky. The cheaper cheetah rack system uses the webbing idea also or you have to go big time and buy the D-rack at $500 then again it gets bulky but it nice. There is the ez-rak, looks like a nice set up, it's small and supper light But It still coast around $200, snowmobiling is just spendy.

Use the Cheetah Rack. They're pretty close to bombproof, and super easy to use, best way to do tandem ski lines w/ 2 pairs on one sled.

Build something like this. I took this idea and modified a cargo rack. It is a good use of snowboard bindings! http://www.wildsnow.com/1032/sled-te...ytro-ski-rack/. Cheetah rack is way overpriced if you have any fabrication skills and tools.

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGjethro View Post
    Build something like this. I took this idea and modified a cargo rack. It is a good use of snowboard bindings! http://www.wildsnow.com/1032/sled-te...ytro-ski-rack/. Cheetah rack is way overpriced if you have any fabrication skills and tools.
    I've yet to see a "home-fabricated" rack remotely as bomber as a cheetah rack or one that really holds two pairs of skis.

I'll try to get a photo of my rack. It is way stronger than a Cheetah rack, incorporates no plastic other than the snowboard ratchets, and is a functional rack for other gear while still carrying two pairs of skis.

Snowmobile ski and snowboard racks

Just wanted to let everyone know about ez-rak.com if you interested in putting your skis or snowboard on your sled. They are guaranteed for the life of your sled and only way 2lbs.

Bump, Just picked up a 2010 summit 154 track, brand new. What rack has everyone found to the be the best with the least amount of installation hassle?

Thanks

Check these out, backcountryadventuregear.com. super simple, strong, and not too expensive

great new ski rack

check out the backcountryadventuregear.com ski and snowboard rack they are easy to install just four bolts and are light weight with a low profile. when the skis are on they make a pick up bed type space for your gear. they have worked great for me. Let me know what you guys think.

Jon

$30 pair of gun racks. Lasted a full season. Lots of rollovers, skis never came of. You want to be able to hold 2 pairs of skis, buy another pair of gun racks for the other side. This required no drilling or modifying of my sled.

Port Tack Racks

Another option for skis just out. Holds a set of skis to a snowmobile nicely, or 2 snowboards. Can also carry up to 10 Gallons of fuel easily.

Quote Originally Posted by jondjohn View Post
    check out the backcountryadventuregear.com ski and snowboard rack they are easy to install just four bolts and are light weight with a low profile. when the skis are on they make a pick up bed type space for your gear. they have worked great for me. Let me know what you guys think.

Jon
    These look sweet, just what I've been looking for. Thx

question on ez rak

I bought a snowboard ez rak, I have a skiier buddy coming up for a valdez trip and need to modify the spacer between the two curved plates. I plan to make two spacers to stick in there when I have a skiier two upping. Do you know the thickness of the spacer for the dual ski ez rak?

Hey everyone, have a peek at our video which shows the Mo Pros Snowmobile Ski Rack in action.

You can find more videos of how our system carries both skis and snowboards at www.mo-pros.com

Last edited by MoPros; 08-26-2016 at 05:04 PM.