Page 1645 of 1654 FirstFirst ... 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 ... LastLast
Results 41,101 to 41,125 of 41339
    The chatter about bringing kids up to ski on Saturdays has got me thinking. I taught weekend kid's programs for many years and it was the most fun and satisfying to bring a group of kid's along that way. And we got to cut the lines and eat early lunch so avoided the worst of things on the hill.

But now I'm starting to think I can give my grandson a comparable leg up if he can come for 15 days of midweek skiing - 3 weeks of holidays 1) week before Christmas 2) spring break 3) A Basin when school lets out. It's destination skiing with instruction the whole way, but on a budget because Grandma gets paid in hugs.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    With the weather forecast we'll probably just get up to Summit as quickly possible Sunday. Perhaps try to get in a half day ski on Sunday, conditions dependent.

Which mountain would be the quickest to get onto the hill fastest driving up from DIA? Hard for me to gauge between Keystone or Breck, or is it a bit of a toss-up?
    easier to park and get on the hill at keystone. Keystone no longer doing night skiing on sundays.

With the weather forecast we'll probably just get up to Summit as quickly possible Sunday. Perhaps try to get in a half day ski on Sunday, conditions dependent.

Which mountain would be the quickest to get onto the hill fastest driving up from DIA? Hard for me to gauge between Keystone or Breck, or is it a bit of a toss-up?
    Keystone. Unless the pass is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Thanks.

Thanks.
    But be warned: Keystone sucks.

But be warned: Keystone sucks.

Yes, have skied there several times. I'm anxious to hit that extremo Bergman Bowl terrain!!

Honestly, I've always had fun at Keystone, but I realize its limitations.

Keystone is definitely closer than Breck for Epic mountains.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This actually is incorrect. Keystone is faster than Breck regardless of whether the pass is closed or not. And in fact, as someone who had a girlfriend who owned a condo there, it's a toss-up as to whether the pass is faster than the tunnel. I prefer driving the pass because it's prettier, but it's not faster.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

loveland

west bound on 70 sunday late day will not be bad unless weather, keystone will have less of a late day crowd would be my guess

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    loveland

west bound on 70 sunday late day will not be bad unless weather, keystone will have less of a late day crowd would be my guess
    I actually considered Loveland because I still haven't skied there, but a half day pass is $119 and that's a bit steep considering we all have Epic passes.

yeah I would take Loveland over Keystone any day, there are ways to get a lift ticket
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I actually considered Loveland because I still haven't skied there, but a half day pass is $119 and that's a bit steep considering we all have Epic passes.
    https://denver.craigslist.org/search...=1~gallery~0~0
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    yeah I would take Loveland over Keystone any day, there are ways to get a lift ticket
    I'd take Breck over both... and I don't even like Breck.

haha, same, but Loveland is convenient to to his purpose
    Henry David Thoreau

... and I don't even like Breck.
    HOW DARE YOU

haha, it actually skied great today, the 4 inches and wind did its magic in the right spots. There are still a lot of wrong spots out there though

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    HOW DARE YOU

the 4 inches and wind did its magic in the right spots
    TWSS.

Quote Originally Posted by turbomike15 View Post
    Beginning of the end...
    The snowmaking was the beginning of the end...
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

Tomorrow will be a transition day. I don’t think the skiing will be very good.

Take your time, stop at Applejacks liquor and do your shopping before you get to your condo.

I haven’t skied Breck or Keystone in a long time, but Vail’s still probably your best bet for Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Tomorrow will be a transition day. I don’t think the skiing will be very good.

Take your time, stop at Applejacks liquor and do your shopping before you get to your condo.

I haven’t skied Breck or Keystone in a long time, but Vail’s still probably your best bet for Monday.
    Probably true. Doesn't sound like the snow is going to ramp up till tomorrow afternoon, and not sure there will be enough during the day to amount to much. Probably Monday will be the pow day if there is one and I think we'll plan to drive to Vail if that pans out. I was checking lift wait times today on the Epic app and it didn't seem all that busy at Vail.

Snowmass was good up top with 5-6”.

Just had 10mins of thunderhail in louisville, wasn't expecting that

Dumping in Aspen.

Deep blower skiin in Breck yesterday. Was actually cold, too, considering how warm overall this winter has been.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Deep blower skiin in Breck yesterday. Was actually cold, too, considering how warm overall this winter has been.
    Can confirm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-25-24 pow.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1,003.9 KB 
ID:	491963
    Old's Cool.

Sounds like the spring plan for WP closings is

Cirque/Eagle Wind 4/7

VR 4/14

Splash/Park Side (most of it) 4/21

Jane who knows

The biggest news is the Gondi (with who know what trails besides Hughes) will be open after 4/21. The employees have been pulling for this for years. The Jane is the Jane but it lacks snowmaking, grooming, lodging and most of the F&B/retail.

Ever since Spring Splash became something other than the last day the lifts spun the extended season at the Jane became this weird party in the mud that kinda lost its appeal and felt disconnected from the goings on around town. I think is will be great to park at the Vintage on pavement, ski and hang out at the base. The C Lot party will never stop but I think that really only services a fraction of the potential customers.

TLDR: my opinion is that Winter Park is making an effort to enhance late season operations