Page 675 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... LastLast
Results 16,851 to 16,875 of 41265
    Quote Originally Posted by Coño Frío View Post
    Heading to CO in a couple weeks for some early season turns with some bros. We're crashing at a condo in Granby and plan to ski WP. Wondering if it would be worth it to make a day trip to Steamboat to add some variety. Do the conditions generally vary much between the two? What is the road like between Granby and Steamboat (hairy in a storm)? Too much for a day trip? Thanks
    Easy day trip, and the road is pretty standard until Rabbit Ears, as it can be a long slick ride down into the valley. If its storming, it's reasonable to expect the deepest accumulations up there. If the sun has been out, WP will have better conditions. I really dig Steamboat, the trees and snow are top tier!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Keystone is almost never good. The most fun I've ever had there was when they used to do the 36 hours of Keystone back in the day. The skiing was mediocre, but it was fun.

It is just never worth it compared to A Basin or LL or any other mountain within 3 hours, except Eldora. I'd ski Keystone over Eldora, but that's it.
    Keystone is way better than that. The problem with Keystone is much more a factor of the donut hole. But with good snow, there are a lot of fun trees, with the bonus being that most people capable of skiing those trees don't go to Keystone.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Coño Frío View Post
    Too much for a day trip? Thanks
    It's totally do able. But considering they are getting hammered, you might want to stay overnight and get two days.
    http://www.winterparkresort.com/tick...view/4x40.aspx

Steamboat and Wanker Park are very different in terms of terrain and snow patterns. IMO, WP is not the best early season mountain. There is very little motivation to open terrain and our groomer layout is pretty disjointed.

Granby to Steamboat can as short as 1hr 15. That said, I've driven in some pretty heinous ground blizzards between K-town and Muddy pass and seen some piles ups on Rabbit Ears that leave I-80 jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Steamboat and Wanker Park are very different in terms of terrain and snow patterns. IMO, WP is not the best early season mountain. There is very little motivation to open terrain and our groomer layout is pretty disjointed.

Granby to Steamboat can as short as 1hr 15. That said, I've driven in some pretty heinous ground blizzards between K-town and Muddy pass and seen some piles ups on Rabbit Ears that leave I-80 jealous.
    TRUTH....I'd rate that section between Kremmling and Muddy as worse than the pass if it's storming. Maybe just because I've only ever done it at night and it seems like it's always been nuking. That stretch of road is no fun. But it's totally doable....just hold the wheel and try to relax for a couple of hours.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Fantastic morning at Vail! Snowed nonstop the whole time I was out. Decided to call it and get some work done when I got off the top of Chair 11 and the temp was zero.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Noticed Keystone has the whole Outback open...did anyone go back there? How thin?
    I skied the Outback on Sunday. It's thin, but still pretty good. I'd say they really need another 1-2 feet before it's safe to get in the trees. Not everything was open, and it got tracked out pretty fast, but the first couple of runs were really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by skiHOG View Post
    Fantastic morning at Vail! Snowed nonstop the whole time I was out. Decided to call it and get some work done when I got off the top of Chair 11 and the temp was zero.
    Could you hike over to Highline?

Vail was great this am should be great tomorrow as well. No word on highline but the Chair 5 rumors were swirling.
    I have more skis and bikes than Facebook friends.

10 opened mid morning
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Keystone is way better than that. The problem with Keystone is much more a factor of the donut hole. But with good snow, there are a lot of fun trees, with the bonus being that most people capable of skiing those trees don't go to Keystone.
    Very true. The trees are fun.
    And if you're looking for parks (not I), it doesn't get much better than A51.

Breck opened Contest Bowl and all the terrain from Mach 1 over to Frosty's (below 6 Chair), today. Contest was thigh deep. Seems like coverage is good enough to open everything below treeline.
    Old's Cool.

WRF is awfully bullish on Routt County. 3' by Wednesday. The damned NW flow is always the monkey wrench in models/forecasts.

Insane windy tomorrow potentially
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    10 opened mid morning
    The back will open the day after I get there. It happened twice so far.

Stay tuned.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    I travel in the BC with a '72 Beetle ready to deploy at all times

Vail's been great the last few days. 11 opened on Sat, 7 on Sun, 10 yesterday. Phenominal conditions. High winds on Sun made it feel like they opened 11 for the first time again on Mon. Legs are so fried. Here's some stoke - total trenchtown out there. Stupid deep.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416924619.214998.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	160775

Was that taken in EV? How was the stability? What aspects were you on ?

Winds are cranking here!

Nuking all day so far at Vail, and it's absolute blower. Chair 5 opens Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Was that taken in EV? How was the stability? What aspects were you on ?
    As far as I know, EV is hard to get to until they open the back bowls. The gate to EV that I know of is located above Mongolia Bowl, which requires chair 21 and the small poma lift to be operating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Vail's been great the last few days. 11 opened on Sat, 7 on Sun, 10 yesterday. Phenominal conditions. High winds on Sun made it feel like they opened 11 for the first time again on Mon. Legs are so fried. Here's some stoke - total trenchtown out there. Stupid deep.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416924619.214998.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	160775
    CAW CAW! That aspect probably had no snow on it in early Nov. and now it looks like Feb!

Quote Originally Posted by thaar View Post
    As far as I know, EV is hard to get to until they open the back bowls. The gate to EV that I know of is located above Mongolia Bowl, which requires chair 21 and the small poma lift to be operating.
    Or just a simple pair of skins.

On another note, ECOJunkshow Radio has been constantly entertaining today.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

15" at Copper since this morning. Pretty odd to see a storm sit on them like that.

There is a metric SHIT TON of snow on Vail Pass. Windy as hell, hammering, and zero VIS. That drive was terrible!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

🎶What a difference three weeks makes, 504 little hours🎶

Man, drove over Monarch and Kenosha today. Winds and whiteout were insane over Kenosha. Monarch Pass is looking good, was in Gunni and would've loved to have made it to out to CB. Everyone everywhere seems to be fairing well the past three weeks.