Page 365 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,125 of 41143
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    so does anyone see any sort of pattern shift in the near future? I dont even care about the skiing. maybe I'm just spoiled from last year, but we could REALLY use some moisture. and usually spring is wet. kinda scares me.
    If you look out to Monday and Tuesday, there's already a good chance of all-day rain being forecast.... maybe that's what we've been waiting for.

late April was more wet than the previous 6 weeks total. The overall pattern still looks warm and dry. If nothing else, maybe we'll have an active, wet, monsoon season.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
    Berthoud Pass and Vail Pass... the only areas in CO that ever hold snow. FACT according to Blurred.

LOL!

So, you're telling me that there's no snowpack left to melt? Really? "There will be a runoff..." There you said it yourself. Pause a moment to think before you spout off with stupid shit trying to look cool. Jesus, sometimes this place turns into such a cat fighty dick measuring joint it's damn near unbearable. Oh wait, that's precisely why I rarely post and rarely visit any forum outside of this one and the avy forum.
    Snowpack? LOL when did that happen? Any snow that we had blew away.
    You're just a tool that probably lives in Boulder or something....go outside and see for yourself dumbass. I'm at all of these places EVERY DAY. Looking at RMNP right now. You're clueless.

ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/CO/Sno...inplotco12.gif

HERE COMES THE RUNOFF YOU GUYS!!!! WOO HOO!!!
    Last edited by Blurred; 05-02-2012 at 12:01 PM.

that is one shitty looking graph. wish 2002 were on there for comparison.
    looking for a good book? check out mine! as fast as it is gone

that's not so much a graph as an obituary
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Basically, we are on track for a snowpack extinction by Mid-May. About 1.5 months earlier than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Basically, we are on track for a snowpack extinction by Mid-May. About 1.5 months earlier than normal.
    ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/CO/Sno...y/crb_proj.gif
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Basically confirms that snow will be dunzo in a week; by June 1st the latest. Crazy seeing how the snowpack didn't peak until May last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Snowpack? LOL when did that happen? Any snow that we had blew away.
    You're just a tool that probably lives in Boulder or something....go outside and see for yourself dumbass. I'm at all of these places EVERY DAY. Looking at RMNP right now. You're clueless.

ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/CO/Sno...inplotco12.gif

HERE COMES THE RUNOFF YOU GUYS!!!! WOO HOO!!!
    Yep, I'm the tool.

A good percentage of your posts on this forum are just lashing out at others in some weak ass macho attempt to seem like a badass, but somehow the problem lies with other people. I just don't get people like you and I'm kind of glad I don't.

You yourself said there will be a runoff. I quoted you on it. I said in my initial post that there would be a runoff but it would peak sooner and much lower than typical and that was enough to get you to go off on a rant. We get it dude, you're so fucking core the rest of us just aren't worthy.

Peak flow on most free flowing rivers in the Upper CO River Basin this weekend? Given the amount of snow available for runoff, the weather over the next two days and current river levels, it's looking very possible.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwisweb/gr...0060&period=19

Wonder if Ten Mile Creek will hit 250 cfs? I may bump my way down the Officers Gulch section this weekend just to say I did it and laugh at how pathetic it all is.
    Last edited by cmsummit; 05-04-2012 at 08:44 AM.
    Old's Cool.

At least I won't have to worry about getting my feet wet when I'm mountain biking through the creek crossings around here.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Peak flow on most free flowing rivers in the Upper CO River Basin this weekend? Given the amount of snow available for runoff, the weather over the next two days and current river levels, it's looking very possible.

Wonder if Ten Mile Creek will hit 250 cfs? I may bump my way down the Officers Gulch section this weekend just to say I did it and laugh at how pathetic it all is.

Where do you put in for Ten Mile Creek?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Where do you put in for Ten Mile Creek?
    Up near the Curtain Ponds at Copper for the upper section (class V-), at the Officers Gulch bridge for the middle section (class IV-) or at the Main St. bridge for the town run (class III). I usually use 350cfs as a minimum flow on the middle section and it typically sees a peak around 700cfs or so in average years. Last year it ran at 1,400 ish for about two weeks.
    Old's Cool.

what is the creek that flows on the other side of the ridge from the Uneva Basin all the way down to the Main St Frisco exit?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

what is the creek that flows on the other side of the ridge from the Uneva Basin all the way down to the Main St Frisco exit?
    North Ten Mile Creek and the flow gauge is just downstream of that confluence. So if the gauge is reading 300 cfs, there's actually less water than that in the upper and middle sections.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    North Ten Mile Creek and the flow gauge is just downstream of that confluence. So if the gauge is reading 300 cfs, there's actually less water than that in the upper and middle sections.
    gotcha...a bad winter hurts alot more than just skiers. Wonder how the fishing is right now..water shouldn't be muddy.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    At least I won't have to worry about getting my feet wet when I'm mountain biking through the creek crossings around here.
    Wow dude, you actually worry about that? I think a 3-pack of Vagisil is on sale this week at Target.

gotcha...a bad winter hurts alot more than just skiers. Wonder how the fishing is right now..water shouldn't be muddy.
    The salmonfly hatch on the Upper C may actually occur with decent visibility (if it happens at all - no idea how the flows will affect it and I didn't float that section back in 2002 to know). If it does happen, it may be the only bright spot in the shitty float fishing season this year.

I imagine we'll see a lot more CO plates than usual in the Dutch John area this summer...

Heard it was snowing right as ABasin closed today...how perfect. And a forecast for 4-8" over the next day and a half.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 05-06-2012 at 07:33 PM.

The snow was awesome from about 10am to 2ish, then they shut down due to lightning danger.

Didn't see any snow related reason they couldn't have gotten a few more weeks out. Snow at the base was fine. The pond hadn't even really formed at midway.

Abasin had several dirt spots showing down low and it was pretty empty skiing wise on Sat.

after not getting anything yesterday evening or overnight, it started raining here around 11 and rained all day basically. Some snow mixed in on the valley floor and snowed pretty good up high but not much accumulated even up to 11k. Good moisture day!!
    Last edited by montanaskier; 05-07-2012 at 05:29 PM.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

The Elks look white again, so that's kinda cool... still would need to snow from now until the end of the month to get anywhere near normal.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    The Elks look white again, so that's kinda cool... still would need to snow from now until the end of the month to get anywhere near normal.
    how is Indy looking? enough up there to last awhile?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
    Yep, I'm the tool.

A good percentage of your posts on this forum are just lashing out at others in some weak ass macho attempt to seem like a badass, but somehow the problem lies with other people. I just don't get people like you and I'm kind of glad I don't.

You yourself said there will be a runoff. I quoted you on it. I said in my initial post that there would be a runoff but it would peak sooner and much lower than typical and that was enough to get you to go off on a rant. We get it dude, you're so fucking core the rest of us just aren't worthy.
    Nice back peddle. There's a runoff when it rains. BFD.

I'm such a badass calling you out for being a tool.

Please go into a kayak shop, ramble on about your "RUNOFF!!!!" and please report back for the lulz.

This isn't the place to spew your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Nice back peddle.
    It's back pedal* in this case.

Tool.