Page 1646 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646
Results 41,126 to 41,143 of 41143
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    TLDR: my opinion is that Winter Park is making an effort to enhance late season operations
    thanks FG, I thought it was odd wp shut down early but just thought it was the feds or something like that for early season. the revenue they could pull in from the spring drinking crowd was money left on the table imo. vr uses breck very well for this crowd and squeeze every last penny out of them before the lifts shut down.

Found some deepness on the East wall in the West Vert Cornice, and some other nooks and crannies around the Pali side. Nothing to write home about but it was fun.

Things change slowing at the ski area but I don't think it is due to lack of vision. The dream is to make WP "The Whistler of Colorado" with biking and skiing at the same time.

I'm a lot more of a pocket beers and skiing that party for the sake of partying guy, but keeping the wallets near the cash register makes sense. The best patio or deck at WP is Snoasis.

Seems like WP's ability to truly be a late season skiing mecca will always be constrained by it's lack of elevation and high alpine terrain. The highest MJ parking lot is 1,200' lower than ABasin and Loveland.
    Old's Cool.

True, The top of the Pano is 12K but that is a bit logistically challenging. I think its is bit more about making the most of what you got until maybe late May on average?

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

I’m know there’s months of skiing to go but this winter felt so fast, I’m not ready for spring bashes and flings and closings

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I’m know there’s months of skiing to go but this winter felt so fast, I’m not ready for spring bashes and flings and closings
    Come on - Taos just got 44" in 48 hours. ROAD TRIP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I'm a lot more of a pocket beers and skiing that party for the sake of partying guy, but keeping the wallets near the cash register makes sense.
    Yep - all of the passholder dirtbags that roll with pocket beers and grilling in the parking lot (you know, all of us) aren't what keep the lights on in the spring. Keeping the main base open as long as possible makes things a lot more appealing for the non-skiers that can entertain themselves by shopping, families with kids that just want to hang in the sun, etc. Smart move for WP.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Yep - all of the passholder dirtbags that roll with pocket beers and grilling in the parking lot (you know, all of us).
    Wait, you guys are doing that too? I thought I was the only one. We should hang out!

I pack my own lunch too.
    It’s been a few years since I’ve seen county sheriffs (eagle) checking backpacks at lift lines. Steamboat used to have RCSO out on st patty’s day in the years after the bump off was killed off. I don’t think I fit the profile any more so can likely fly under the radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was bittersweet, felt like saying goodbye to winter.

I made some mistakes on terrain choices, it was variable and tricky and I got tossed around a lot. When I finally found untracked and unmoguled snow, I still felt like my skis were too small. Thinking about dragging the spatulas out of the shed.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Wind did it's thing to the snow in Breck, still some absolutely great skiing out there though.

I actually thought copper had some really good skiing today. Some places had that hard crunch underneath but where you could still find it untouched it was really nice, even some shots off of chief were really fun. Tucker offered some nice soft turns as did union peak. Definitely more snow there than what the basin got out of that storm.

Monarch sucked today, nobody should ever go there. Just keep driving to your Epic destinations…

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Monarch sucked today, nobody should ever go there. Just keep driving to your Epic destinations…
    drive? ha, peasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    I actually thought copper had some really good skiing today. Some places had that hard crunch underneath but where you could still find it untouched it was really nice, even some shots off of chief were really fun. Tucker offered some nice soft turns as did union peak. Definitely more snow there than what the basin got out of that storm.
    I thought it was great! Just variable and I wasn't as clever as I would like, trying to tweak the powder plan. I admit I'm still doing a lot of exploring on Tucker - in the past I would just lap the taco like a hamster. :P

Also the best snow I found was in the open and I was getting roomed a bit, not a bad problem to have. Anyway I was challenged and it was fun.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Agreed! The terrain is sick, the aspects are ideal, and the slow chairs blissfully preserve the powder.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Agreed! The terrain is sick, the aspects are ideal, and the slow chairs blissfully preserve the powder.
    Sounds like the next installment of the jaded local