Page 897 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 ... LastLast
Results 22,401 to 22,425 of 41303
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    If you are a shitty skier that is. I've had a great time every day this week. This morning wasn't the best but it was still fun if you knew where to go. As my FIL who has been skiing for 40 years likes to say: "You ain't the shit till you can ski the shit".
    Heh. Many years ago, I rode up to Spaulding Bowl on a coral reef death cookie day, knowing it was gonna suck but feeling like I had to give it a shot. It was as bad as it could be. But after skiing down, I turned to my friend and said "that was great". She thought I was nuts, but I explained it the way you just did; we skied steep alpine terrain in flat light with terrible conditions, and that counts for something.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Was expecting marginal conditions at best but I sniffed out some great creamy turns today.

Hut trip this weekend, hope the north facing trees deliver.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Heh. Many years ago, I rode up to Spaulding Bowl on a coral reef death cookie day, knowing it was gonna suck but feeling like I had to give it a shot. It was as bad as it could be. But after skiing down, I turned to my friend and said "that was great". She thought I was nuts, but I explained it the way you just did; we skied steep alpine terrain in flat light with terrible conditions, and that counts for something.
    Sounds better than a lot of bc descents that I've done. I figure that is just training for when I'm on top of a 14er and have to bail on a 3000' icy fucked up route (*cough* Adrenalated).

But alas, the conditions will be great as I am on my way to Denver for a beer fest this weekend so everyone should go skiing in Summit!!!

Most of the BC should be domed over and will ski ok with a couple on top.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Sounds better than a lot of bc descents that I've done. I figure that is just training for when I'm on top of a 14er and have to bail on a 3000' icy fucked up route (*cough* Adrenalated).

But alas, the conditions will be great as I am on my way to Denver for a beer fest this weekend so everyone should go skiing in Summit!!!
    Yeah I've been training, that's why I slayed that shit.

I guess I'm not skiing with you at sleighbasin tomorrow. Swing by my house if you have extra beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Most of the BC should be domed over and will ski ok with a couple on top.
    Maybe. Saw lots of wind fucked areas out there today. I think the BC is going to be "Colorado firm" until the sun comes back out.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Silverton on 20" be really fun!
    Can confirm your hypothesis.

Skied Thursday in pretty awful conditions. Snowed off and on all day but the last run of the day was pretty fun.

Then the snow stopped all night and I thought we'd be skunked until we woke up to this in town at 7am...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490462303688.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	203186

Wasn't snowing at 10pm, must of been at least 3" an hour late night

A little on the heavier blower side in the morning and then the sun came out and made for a bluebird heavy pow day. It was all time and the stoke was high that day my friends.

Also, there was maybe 50 people there

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Can confirm your hypothesis.

Skied Thursday in pretty awful conditions. Snowed off and on all day but the last run of the day was pretty fun.

Then the snow stopped all night and I thought we'd be skunked until we woke up to this in town at 7am...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1490462303688.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	203186

Wasn't snowing at 10pm, must of been at least 3" an hour late night

A little on the heavier blower side in the morning and then the sun came out and made for a bluebird heavy pow day. It was all time and the stoke was high that day my friends.

Also, there was maybe 50 people there
    Rad! Glad you timed it right, that's as good as it gets in CO

Quote Originally Posted by bobsdesk View Post
    Maybe. Saw lots of wind fucked areas out there today. I think the BC is going to be "Colorado firm" until the sun comes back out.
    Definitely was firm today.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Definitely was firm today.
    SE aspects skied great. Not firm.

I submit my evidence of firm to the judges. Lol

https://youtu.be/vMQy9-5cM7E

NE facing avy chute in Summit

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I submit my evidence of firm to the judges. Lol

https://youtu.be/vMQy9-5cM7E

NE facing avy chute in Summit
    HEY MAN THERE'S A BEVERAGE HERE!

Mountain Bike Season

Totally firm today as well , I agree. Bout Mountain bike time, probably wont be busting the skis out much anymore. Probably be a dry spring, these small consistent storms really aren't good for the bc.

Skied the basin this am and was great. Just enough to cover the garbage... And an incredible number of lines untouched... I noticed no one had put a single track in like the first 6 routes through North Glade. When I got off the lift, four guys in front of me headed for the fence line traverse, so I figured I'd get skunked, but I went over there anyway. Amazingly, all four skied right past the untouched pow toward Gunbarrel... Took north down to just above tower 10 and took timber down to the rock garden. Not a particularly esoteric line, but no one else had though to ski it yet today. Basically untracked the whole way, at 10:15 am.

Got the scare of the season so far also... I came out of BML and headed into the trees between Exo and Intl on my way back to the Pali. I stood over the little air on skier's left of the rollover for a couple of minutes, trying to make sure it was clear... It's not a big deal - it might be 10' from the highest spot. There didn't appear to be a single person on Exo anywhere... Jumped in, landing felt great, made my first turn, and as I ride up the side of a mogul, I see there's a kid laying down in the snow on the far side of the next mogul! Went into full body self arrest and managed to miss him by 6-8' probably... Lost one ski in the process... Kicked the other on off and scrambled down to the kid... He couldn't have been older than 10... His eye's were as big as saucers, but he was fine. His dad was power wedging down the middle of Exo, and I guess the kid decided to catch a nap waiting for him. Both apologized, I just mentioned staying visible on the trail and apologized also. Everything ended up being fine... But god damn... Scared the shit out of me, and both of them too. No doubt I would've killed the kid had we collided. Careful out there everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Aspen didn't suck on Fri and Saturday up high. ~6" of cream cheese covered things up nicely.

Good van campin' weather too.

It was good today, once the fog burned off!

You need someone to drink with.

Old man winter finally decided to make an appearance.

Name:  Pow.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  292.8 KB

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Old man winter finally decided to make an appearance.

Name:  Pow.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  292.8 KB
    Afternoon run showed less snow and the system digging further south. At any rate it won't do much up here but it's welcome water for the FR.

Back to showing more snow. Actually got some on the floor last night for the first time in forever.
    Last edited by montanaskier; 03-28-2017 at 07:28 AM.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

6 on the pow cam. Sadly, that's the most snow in like a month. Needed it though, to cover up all the dust that's been popping up.

Swapped my tires today. You can thank me in advance for the two weeks of solid storms ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Swapped my tires today. You can thank me in advance for the two weeks of solid storms ahead.
    absoloutly dumping at 11 k was out for a half hr and had an instant two inches the snow report will all be lies tomorrow stay in denver

^Thanks for that!

Puking snow at 9600'. Plowed this afternoon and it was like trying to peel a layer of melted mozzarella cheese off a puddle of chocolate syrup. Hoping it gets cold enough that it goes quickly tomorrow am, but I doubt it. Looking like a pretty sloppy morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.