Page 1593 of 1654 FirstFirst ... 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 ... LastLast
Results 39,801 to 39,825 of 41337
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Loveland is a giant version of Lenawee, which is cool if you like Lenawee.
    Not sure I understand. Lenawee accesses the east wall, so yeah. I like Lenawee.

The beavers is another story. I can't for the life of me figure out why people love skiing Volkswagens in low angle trees, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    I'll be contrary and state: I like Loveland. Hot laps on the steeps and putzing around on the ridge on a blue day is pretty special. The place also has a sense of community that I haven't experienced at any other ski area.

I have both hated and loved on them lots over the years, but I always feel at home there.

I am glad that A-Basin is right over the pass for when I get sour.
    That was nicely said. I have a LOT of complex feelings about Loveland, frustration mixed with incredible days on the mountain. Rope drops!

It'll still be there and I guess I'll have some good days there in the future. I hope they get the snowmaking sorted next year because the wrod is waaaaay better than ABasin and I really like to ski before Halloween.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

The beavers is another story. I can't for the life of me figure out why people love skiing Volkswagens in low angle trees, but to each their own.
    Me too! I was referring to the non hiking lines (short cornice drops, windfucked berms, short tree shots, flattens out quick).
    I love the Dog Trees, not as high on the others due to pitch and aspect, but I see the appeal. They did an A+ job glading the entire zone.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Loveland. Heh.

I've skied the Luv precisely twice in the 30 years I've lived in CO.
    Same here. 28 years in Summit and I can count on one hand the number of times I've skied there. There's just never been a desire, nor a good reason for me to ski there. However, if I lived on the Frange it might be the first pass I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I love the Dog Trees
    Dog Trees (aka West Woods) suck.....spread the word.
    Old's Cool.

I'll be contrary and state: I like Loveland. Hot laps on the steeps and putzing around on the ridge on a blue day is pretty special. The place also has a sense of community that I haven't experienced at any other ski area.

I have both hated and loved on them lots over the years, but I always feel at home there.

I am glad that A-Basin is right over the pass for when I get sour.
    I do like lift 1 steeps and when the ridge is good, yeah. And I always liked the community.

But I've been there on days where the wind was howling, and after getting blasted for what felt like a 30 minute ride up lift 2, we'd head over to South Chutes for maybe 8 turns of good snow, then traverse back to 2, and I'm thinking "that was SO not worth it", get to the midway load, and my Loveland buddies are like "that was awesome, let's do that again!"

It's better than the haters give it credit for, and it's worse than the lovers like to think, they're brainwashed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My first time skiing the beavers I got first tracks down Jetta in a foot of fresh so I'm mostly just chasing that high at this point. Plus who can pass up a lap or two on that icy bit of Loafer???

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

I really like Loveland, especially for those days when it’s dumping and LL Pass is closed. I’ve had some of my deepest untracked days there off Chair 1 then Chair 9 (if they’re able to open it) off the Ridge. So many good shots up there if you hike north or south. Hiking and skiing off Point 13,010’ is an adventure! Skiing first down Wild Child in one continuous over the head faceshot will not be forgotten. But it’s frustrating that all of that terrain is basically open some of March and April, when if it was managed properly, could begin opening in January.

It’s still a gem but I had to bail with the insane cost of everything else these days.

Floating off The Ridge:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5863.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	333.6 KB 
ID:	475232

Looking at the 10 day forecast is getting pretty depressing. This next storm keeps getting smaller and the bounce back to warm temps is coming sooner every time I check. Please send offering to Ullr in the padded room.

Full on spring skiing in a tee today. Slush bumps were forming.

Hoping to harvest the hive mind:

My mid-60s parents (from sea level) and I (Denver bro) are headed to Breckenridge this weekend. We don’t plan to sample the WROD, but I would like to get them outside. Any ideas for easy to moderate hiking near town that is still dry-ish or other similar outings? I may take mom climbing in ten mile canyon one day but dad likes to keep two feet on the ground. I’d also welcome recs for any Saturday night live music (good or not) and cheap beer…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

hiking possibly the south face trails of french gulch
    rainbow lake area in frisco
    peaks trail?
    everything is probably icy and snow covered to some degree

no such thing as cheap beer or cheap anything in this town happy hour went out the window years ago
    long gone are cheap beers and taco bars

No más Mi Casa? Gracias, Fred

Quote Originally Posted by ballackout View Post
    No más Mi Casa? Gracias, Fred

No mas Pub Down Under taco tuesday

happy hr seems to include 50 cents off drinks these days
    maybe it's just me
    me cacca sucks
    food king next to the post office does tacos cheap and good for lunch on tuesdays

I think you have to go to Kremmling for happy hour, dontchya? Or perhaps Parshall?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    happy hr seems to include 50 cents off drinks these days
    maybe it's just me
    me cacca sucks
    food king next to the post office does tacos cheap and good for lunch on tuesdays
    Nah....the food at Mi Casa is made in-house and actually quite good and $3 Modelos for hh is still solid. 3 tacos for $5 as well (shit, this may not be accurate since the May menu change).

Other good HH drink specials: $4 craft drafts at Bold, 2-for-1 beers and cocktails at Briar Rose (Fri & Sat only).
    Last edited by cmsummit; 11-08-2023 at 11:17 AM.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Nah....the food at Mi Casa is made in-house and actually quite good and $3 Modelos for hh is still solid. 3 tacos for $5 as well.

Other good HH drink specials: $4 craft drafts at Bold, 2-for-1 beers and cocktails at Briar Rose (Fri & Sat only).
    I'm starting to think perhaps FF is a full-of-shit "local."

Loveland announced Friday opening.

I'll be at Skistoned Thurs and Fri, maybe I'll check out Dos Locos, although nothing ever stays the same...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Going out to eat in breckenridge is full of disappointment

Shitty food and hugely over priced
    Or shitty over priced food and service that makes McDonald's look five star the shit service can't be overstated

Plus tge colorado 3% to 10% mark up for health and or kitchen staff just raise your prices 75 for a dried out steak um

Colorado in general tolerates mediocrity in restaurants while having high prices. Summit County is just a little bit worse than the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

It is pretty cool when we travel to other high priced areas. We went to Hawaii and we didn’t bat an eye at the prices there. Haha.

Basically eating in Breck is finding the one or two good items on a menu at any given place. It's a hard task and one only those who live here will really figure out but it's just how it is...

However, that Thai Chili 89 place is da bomb, but pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Going out to eat in breckenridge is full of disappointment
    Rootstalk, Radicato, South Ridge Seafood, Mountain Flying Fish, Bold, Aurum, Piante, Mi Casa, Blue River Bistro......all solid. You're going to the wrong establishments, Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    However, that Thai Chili 89 place is da bomb, but pricey.
    If you like Thai, you need to check out Summit Thai in Frisco.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Rootstalk, Radicato, South Ridge Seafood, Mountain Flying Fish, Bold, Aurum, Piante, Mi Casa, Blue River Bistro......all solid. You're going to the wrong establishments, Fred.

If you like Thai, you need to check out Summit Thai in Frisco.
    No radicato is mediocre everything is drenched in butter and they call it French cooking root stalk is the same

Six weeks ago I was in Houston for two nights then flew to Chicago for two nights happy hr lasted till 7pm in both cities food was great and cheap and the service was a plus went to the commanders palace sister restaurant in Houston 250 bucks later they waited on us like their was no tomorrow it was amazing the only downside was I had to pull the cheap suit out of the closet cause they have a dress code

You mean the food scene in Summit doesn't compare to Houston and Chicago?? Ground-breaking stuff, dude. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

And Rootstalk is fantastic.
    Old's Cool.