Page 699 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 ... LastLast
Results 17,451 to 17,475 of 41267
    Anywhere get lucky and get more than forecasted?

Wolf Creek most likely won't even get a foot for the 3 days. 6 inch storm total so far.

Got out for a night mission at HV last night. Light snow, we got down about 10 and there was maybe an inch? Bout an inch or two down here in town so maybe squeezed out a few inches but prob not much more. Snow was actually pretty decent considering. Could at least get an edge and the snow that did fall was grippy while skinning.

Light snow up here this morning and warm. Won't be much but anything we get is helpful.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Sooooooo good to feel snow coming down, even if it is light. Come on NW flow this week. ❄️❄️❄️

Skied with my kid today and that inch or two skied like over the head blower it's been so long. Thankful!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

GFS shows the possibility of good snow above 9k Sun-Wed. That would be sweet. Next weekend with the ridge directly overhead it's full on springtime again with temps in the 50s. Still some hints of this thing breaking down the middle of Feb.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    GFS shows the possibility of good snow above 9k Sun-Wed. That would be sweet. Next weekend with the ridge directly overhead it's full on springtime again with temps in the 50s. Still some hints of this thing breaking down the middle of Feb.
    I think everybody around here is very capable of reading weather forecasts.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Everybody around here is capable of lots of things. It's a forum to discuss...you know, skiing and weather.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Everybody around here is capable of lots of things. It's a forum to discuss...you know, skiing and weather.
    Ask yourself before you post, "Does Logan care?". If the answer is no, then don't hit submit, cause it's likely topping the butthurt chart.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by rmnpsplitter View Post
    Got out for a night mission at HV last night. Light snow, we got down about 10 and there was maybe an inch? Bout an inch or two down here in town so maybe squeezed out a few inches but prob not much more. Snow was actually pretty decent considering. Could at least get an edge and the snow that did fall was grippy while skinning.
    On and off up there during the day today. Those glades lookers left above trail ridge skied great.

Drove back from WC at 3, smooth sailing until just past Buena Vista, then heavy squalls and wind, only a few inches, from Leadville to Camp Hale it hammered, but I think I was just following the same squall….

Quote Originally Posted by V.R.P View Post
    On and off up there during the day today. Those glades lookers left above trail ridge skied great.
    Should be better today. Solid 4-5" on the ground here in town. Wasn't expecting that...

Got a foot at my house in boulder. That was unexpected.

Judging by snotels, definitely more in town (NW Denver) than in the foothills even.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Quote Originally Posted by spthomson View Post
    Judging by snotels, definitely more in town (NW Denver) than in the foothills even.
    Just drove up from Denver to Summit. Definitely more snow down there. Snow line stopped right around Floyd Hill and Idaho Springs was sunny and bone dry.

Some snow up here but not much and pretty wind affected.
    Still good to have some fresh and it's a beautiful day! .

Course is ready!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

We are officially below average

Last edited by Kevo; 02-01-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Since this thread is populated with the collective genious of Colorado skiers . . .

What time should I be at the Women's Downhill venue on Friday so I can be reasonably assured to watch it at the bottom of the course like a gentleman and NOT on a giant Avon TV like some beater? I understand "get there early" but one man's alpine start is another man's late breakfast.

Thanks.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

If you want to park in the Bear lot and not ride the shuttles from lands far far away,
    I'd be parked are ready by 8am
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I'm staying in Avon the end of this week into next. I'd like to briefly check out the World Cup, but mostly want to ski. What would your game plan be? Can't decide if Beaver Creek will ski well* because everyone is watching the races, or if we are better off driving to another resort. I have no idea what to expect during the WC. I get out there once a month, but this is totally messing up my routine.

*well meaning empty runs not endless powder because The Butthurt

Junior league pow day, 2" on the ground in Avon and snowing pretty hard up high. Be a little softer underfoot for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    Since this thread is populated with the collective genious of Colorado skiers . . .

What time should I be at the Women's Downhill venue on Friday so I can be reasonably assured to watch it at the bottom of the course like a gentleman and NOT on a giant Avon TV like some beater? I understand "get there early" but one man's alpine start is another man's late breakfast.

Thanks.
    Dunno. I will be watching the ladies stretch, get dressed, and boot up in Spruce Saddle. Like a TRUE gentleman. You're doing it wrong?

Let's keep things positive folks. It'll turn around. Here's a couple fun runs from yesterday. That inch, plus all the wind at Breck helped smooth out some spots. My east coast roots are telling me to enjoy the conditions, but some snow would be nice.

Horseshoe/Lulu
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm7X5sfiZA0

Six Senses
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECK0zgcxWsA

There's some powder if you're willing to drive. Never Summers got a good 8-10" Saturday night/ Sunday