Page 830 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 ... LastLast
Results 20,726 to 20,750 of 41275
    I love the guys who bring out the big stix early season on the WROD. Yeah, you really need 125 at the waist for that deep powdery goodness.

Someone was itching real bad for shark laden turns on Loveland Pass Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1476983801.951315.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	585.5 KB 
ID:	190616

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Someone was itching real bad for shark laden turns on Loveland Pass Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1476983801.951315.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	585.5 KB 
ID:	190616
    Wow. Quite possibly the most desperate turns I've ever seen.
    Old's Cool.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

^^^ couldn't have said it better.

Have fun p-texing those 15 core shots bro

I'm sure they got some good material for their "social media assets" #POWTOBER

They linked a decent amount of turns !

That guy is a mag, and a good one at that, pretty sure.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Just seeing a FB post with a vid of the first five or so chairs at ABasin and these two boarders are getting bashed a bit for riding the second chair with two empty seats. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    That guy is a mag, and a good one at that, pretty sure.
    I refuse to believe those tracks belong to skiingislife.

I managed 4 laps in 55 minutes on the WROD this morning. It was busy, but not terrible.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post

I managed 4 laps in 55 minutes on the WROD this morning. It was busy, but not terrible.
    When I've done the opening weekend schtick, I've always done the be in line like it's a pow day, zip out a few runs then have a snack watching the line grow and bail.

It's nice to get a few runs in.... and giggle at the shit show.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Just seeing a FB post with a vid of the first five or so chairs at ABasin and these two boarders are getting bashed a bit for riding the second chair with two empty seats. LOL.
    Haha I saw that. They should get shit on.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Haha I saw that. They should get shit on.
    No, the passive aggressive new school pansies should quite whining about shit. It is the responsibility of all the other riders to fill the chair. There is only one rule in the lift line, same as driving in Boston. JUST FUCKING GO!!! People these days have no idea how a lift line works. The zoned out minimum wage lifties have been trained in Rocky Mountain Customer Service(tm) which includes being nice to everybody but not actually helping the overall experience for anyone AKA "It's Cool, Bro..."

I suggest that we, the supposed show the rest of this namby pamby world how its done. I've got 35 plus years of lift line experience, watch me work. The strategies are endless but two of the most effective are 1. fast tracking the fuck meetup scene at the beginning of the corral. don't wait for your group (remember: it is always a race) and just fucking go! the rest of your lift riding group can just push past everyone and catch up. 2. Regrouping forward. For example, if you are 2 people loading a 6, Look for any group 4 or less as far up as you can get in the initial barge. After that, keep looking forward, if it is clear what is going on, don't even ask, just fucking go!

If anyone bitches (hint: they won't, its 2016, everybody is raisin pussy) simply explain that collective we have a responsibility to fill the chair and they could have don't the exact same thing.

Lol foggy.

Ha, true dat

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    No, the passive aggressive new school pansies should quite whining about shit. It is the responsibility of all the other riders to fill the chair. There is only one rule in the lift line, same as driving in Boston. JUST FUCKING GO!!! People these days have no idea how a lift line works. The zoned out minimum wage lifties have been trained in Rocky Mountain Customer Service(tm) which includes being nice to everybody but not actually helping the overall experience for anyone AKA "It's Cool, Bro..."

I suggest that we, the supposed show the rest of this namby pamby world how its done. I've got 35 plus years of lift line experience, watch me work. The strategies are endless but two of the most effective are 1. fast tracking the fuck meetup scene at the beginning of the corral. don't wait for your group (remember: it is always a race) and just fucking go! the rest of your lift riding group can just push past everyone and catch up. 2. Regrouping forward. For example, if you are 2 people loading a 6, Look for any group 4 or less as far up as you can get in the initial barge. After that, keep looking forward, if it is clear what is going on, don't even ask, just fucking go!

If anyone bitches (hint: they won't, its 2016, everybody is raisin pussy) simply explain that collective we have a responsibility to fill the chair and they could have don't the exact same thing.
    Good stuff.

Not everyone owns a pair of Grandpa groomer carver skis to sport on opening day brah.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post

HA! I may be desperate but I'm not quite that stupid.

I did find some okay turns, on rocks and grass, way up high a couple weeks ago.

Name:  earlyskidoug.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  251.3 KB

I'll save the comprehension errors, it kinda adds something to the rant. The idea that the empty seats on the chairs are the responsibility of the people on that chair is hilarious. I'm guessing those that think that wear skinny jeans and girls shoes. I'm not saying you gotta get all German, but don't be pussy...or do...I'll just push right by your weak shit and get on the chair.

Speaking of weather, t-shirt weather all weekend and forecast all week up here a 9K. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Not everyone owns a pair of Grandpa groomer carver skis to sport on opening day brah.
    Spot on, and on top of that, who cares what kind of skis someone else is on.

Quote Originally Posted by jvskinn View Post
    Spot on, and on top of that, who cares what kind of skis someone else is on.
    When you suck, at least you can take comfort in the fact that your cushy suburban existence provides you with the means to have the perfect ski for every application. The belief that there is a perfect ski for every application also provides a perfect excuse to suck by justifying the suck by not having the perfect ski for the giving application.

That said, if you are going to ski grommers, you can probably get a good pair of <100mm skis for $50.

The warm temperature butthurt should start picking up by Thursday or so....

other than a slight itch to get out a ski I fucking LOVE this weather. it has been so dam nice on the front range this fall, really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    other than a slight itch to get out a ski I fucking LOVE this weather. it has been so dam nice on the front range this fall, really enjoying it.
    Yeah - beautiful out. nice bike ride on Saturday for me.

But I can't help but categorize everything into two categories

Skiing/Notskiing

I vote for super dry sunny weather until late November then full on nukeage till March 30th. After that sporadic dumping interspersed with warm sunny spring days.

For those of us that remember when ski areas never opened until Thanksgiving, this whole early season WROD fake winter shit is fucking stupid anyway. I've even heard dorks who are complaining that AB won't let them skin up the WROD before opening. Go hike a mountain ya losers.