Page 661 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,525 of 41274
    Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    A lot of maggots and honorary mags in that issue

Yeah, I remember 2007-2008 here we barely got open for turkey day, then it snowed like a bunch of the next months
    Yep, a few CB folks amongst them
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

FYI... there's also an article in Freeskier about the new Pretty Faces movie that talks quite a bit about Sydney. She got quite a bit of press this month.

The poor snow forecast continues. A tad on Monday and cooler but another warm up after that it appears. It's still early.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    The poor snow forecast continues. A tad on Monday and cooler but another warm up after that it appears. It's still early.
    "Two Weeks"

I'm sure it has something to do with Miss St and Ole Miss both undefeated and ranked higher than Alabama. When has that ever happened?

I am a bit surprised at the projected highs after this next system... every year it seems one of these fronts come through and the highs before are in the 60s before and in the 40s-low50s after... not so far this year.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Every year it seems winter gets squeezed on either end. And on the late end comes the predictable red dust storms, which causes an early snow melt. Freezing level at around 14,000ft. Oh ya, this is my, can't believe it, 51st Colorado winter and families one hundred twenty plus Colorado winter.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    anyone see the new Powder issue with the Loveland article. Hoping that doesn't lead to more people
    Loveland has been getting more and more crowded in the past few years. Hell, the lot even overflows on spring weekday powder days now. It's not the small little uncrowded locals mountain it used to be.

I could go for some cold and snow but for now I'll be trying to wear out the rear tire on my mountain bike. Another hundred miles or so and I won't feel bad about tossing it. Might be able to push that to 200 if the forecast doesn't change. Just think, there might be a pattern change in two weeks.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

The weather is going to be exceptionally warm on the western slope around Halloween, highs in the 70's as its been for weeks. What's wrong with mild temps? I'm more than ready for highs in the mid 50's with sun, nothing wrong with that, I can't cut firewood unless it's cool out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Loveland has been getting more and more crowded in the past few years. Hell, the lot even overflows on spring weekday powder days now. It's not the small little uncrowded locals mountain it used to be.

I could go for some cold and snow but for now I'll be trying to wear out the rear tire on my mountain bike. Another hundred miles or so and I won't feel bad about tossing it. Might be able to push that to 200 if the forecast doesn't change. Just think, there might be a pattern change in two weeks.

Epic price may be part of it, it's worked up high enough over the years to scare some people off.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Epic price may be part of it, it's worked up high enough over the years to scare some people off.
    Let's not pretend that Loveland hasn't been increasing their prices too. The only good thing about that place now is the fact that you can get to it from Denver without going over a pass or through the tunnel.

The difference in price between the RMSP today and a Loveland season pass is less than the cost of a day ticket, well worth having a competent ski patrol. Hell, I bought in April and only paid $439 for the RMSP+ vs $379 for Loveland. Tough choice.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

The only good thing about that place now is the fact that you can get to it from Denver without going over a pass or through the tunnel.
    Well, that, and the fact it gets dumped on

Looks like keystone might not be able to open by Halloween unless they really luck out at the last minute

Well, that, and the fact it gets dumped on
    Whichis somewhat irrelevant considering patrol can't figure out how to get anything safely open.

Don't get me wrong, I bought a Loveland pass again this year (and renewals were $359, not $379) but between the increased crowds and increasingly conservative terrain opening policies (and sometimes questionable avy control work), it's certainly not the same place it was even a few years ago.

A few years ago, was the opening policies less conservative? What changed?

A few years ago, was the opening policies less conservative? What changed?
    Yes. I don't know the cause. I do know there is a new patrol director, and that LL has had to fight a couple liability suits (terrain park related - notice the park has no jumps anymore?) Rumor is they also hired a lawyer to help them develop policies to decrease liability. Dunno if that is actually true.

Sounds likely to me as being the cause. That sucks.

I guess the good thing is that they have slow lifts, very cold, windy, exposed terrain and no village and modest amenities. That combo will always keep a huge segment of the ski/riding population away.

Pretty quiet weather wise this week. Cooler than last week but still above average by the end of the week. Another small storm possible late next weekend?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Thank goodness for the cooler weather. Today is a refreshing change from the hot days in boulder lately
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

True, but even with the parking lots completely full...the place never feels crowded....I've never waited in a significant lift line (longer than a couple minutes) except on powder mornings with staged terrain openings.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Just left the Basin, snowing hard up there.

Edit: saw the Steamboat stake cam..about 9" up there.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 10-27-2014 at 06:50 PM.

roads have turned to ice

super awesome hit the brakes and instant skid

cold as fuck probably making lots of snow tonight only to melt by thursday

Keystone stated they won't open Friday

How many years has it been since LL didn't open before the end of October? Has to be more than 10, right?

^^^ not sure, it's definitely been awhile. Looking at their latest picture and webcams, LL MIGHT be able to get open by this weekend if temps stay cool enough at night. Copper still says they're opening Friday, but looking at their webcams, I'm doubtful...