Page 726 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 ... LastLast
Results 18,126 to 18,150 of 41291

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Coughed on some faceshots this morning...Super surfy fun day. Sun's now out at LL.

That horse trailer and boat was the topic of conversation all morning here.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 04-17-2015 at 03:01 PM.

mary jane was fucking great today. shit show of a drive but not near as bad as a what you guys are saying... holly hell.

did get to see one 2wd guy getting a ticket and a cop stuck in a snow bank at the central city parkway area.

If you leave your shit in the middle of I70 during a snowstorm, it should be free reign.
    I would blow off a powder day to pick up a boat.

Can't make this shit up. Breck was pretty damn good till Tbar closed around 11:30 and Imperial never opened (mech and no parts on hand). With my ankle, I'll take it! Its gonna be a free for all tomorrow. I'll be way the fuck away from that, thank you very much. Super dense snow that did an amazing job of hiding that layer underneath. Loveland on Sunday when they finally get 9 open sounds like a good call. Indian Peaks or RMNP all next week? Sounds like 2'+ up along 72. Lots of snow still on the way, too.

Heavy snow and the sun is only making it worse. Bring your Tahoe skis.

Can confirm the deepness up at HV today. Hammering graupel off and on all morning. Didn't take any riding pics today but a heavy 12-18 inches up there was pretty fun

measured 65 cm in the bowl at HV before we left at 9AM. Very dense. Fun, but it was actually better skiing yesterday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Can't make this shit up. Breck was pretty damn good till Tbar closed around 11:30 and Imperial never opened (mech and no parts on hand). With my ankle, I'll take it! Its gonna be a free for all tomorrow. I'll be way the fuck away from that, thank you very much. Super dense snow that did an amazing job of hiding that layer underneath. Loveland on Sunday when they finally get 9 open sounds like a good call. Indian Peaks or RMNP all next week? Sounds like 2'+ up along 72. Lots of snow still on the way, too.

Heavy snow and the sun is only making it worse. Bring your Tahoe skis.
    Do you think tbar and imperial will open tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Do you think tbar and imperial will open tomorrow?
    Tbar for sure, Imperial...?
    Old's Cool.

They said they got the part in, just too late to open the lift. Should be open tomorrow.

Loveland was the titties today. Am storm skiing, graupel,+ pow. Chaor 1 was only chaor open for a while due to lightning. Got So pitted. Then the sun came out and 1 was as buttery as I've seen it. Perfect conditions. Great day.

Oh and that boat shit was fuckin hilarious.

A Basin was great today. didn't have much choice coming from breck. First hour or so was pretty empty, lots of fresh tracks. Pretty much the whole mountain was good. I think there was probably closer to 11-12 inches in the morning, and another 3-4 inches before lunch. Backside only opened (besides 10 minutes in the AM) around 12 and it was pretty great too. By the end of the day though things were pretty skied off

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Oh and that boat shit was fuckin hilarious.
    I've been laughing about it all day and night. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1429326993.129678.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	461.5 KB 
ID:	166278

If you knew how to pick aspects, LL was awesome this morning. Got about 7 laps on 9 before hitting the pass. There was still a ton of untracked up there for the rest of the day and had a blast until about 1pm until the ankle was done. Man, great couple days. Really looking forward to some Indian Peaks this week, too.

Yeah LL pass was really good today! Lots of good shuttle action up there after it opened this morning 👍
    stay outta my line

Really looking forward to some Indian Peaks this week, too.
    Seconded.

WP upper mountain was in better shape than anticipated after the wind holds yesterdays, great surfy snow with lots of untracked this morning. You could tell who skipped leg day in the lift queues.

If you knew how to pick aspects, LL was awesome this morning. Got about 7 laps on 9 before hitting the pass. There was still a ton of untracked up there for the rest of the day and had a blast until about 1pm until the ankle was done. Man, great couple days. Really looking forward to some Indian Peaks this week, too.
    You and I have a different idea of "awesome", methinks.... the word I'd use for LL today is "disappointing". With supposedly 30"+ on the Ridge in the last two days, the fact that there was an ice layer and most of it skied like shit wasn't what I had in mind when I hopped on the lift the first time. There were definitely some good aspects, but it was very limited given the amount of snow up there.

ABasin off Pali was awesome. The Alleys, Waterfall, Gauntier...all deep and not too heavy. Nice two days on the Divide!

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You and I have a different idea of "awesome", methinks.... the word I'd use for LL today is "disappointing". With supposedly 30"+ on the Ridge in the last two days, the fact that there was an ice layer and most of it skied like shit wasn't what I had in mind when I hopped on the lift the first time. There were definitely some good aspects, but it was very limited given the amount of snow up there.
    Really Steve? You thought the east facing "ridge" was going to be deep today. Do you not understand wind loading? When the wind comes out of the east the west faces are deep, when the wind comes out of the west.....well you get it. The deep skiing at Loveland happened yesterday on Chair 1 and N and S aspects off 2 and 4. You missed it bro. Should have gone to A-Basin today.

Damn Steve, woulda been good to run in to you today. Most of the ridge was meh but 8 and the lower 2/3rds of Marmot/Rock Chutes were awesome today. Yesterday was some of the best skiing I've had.
    Last edited by soups818; 04-18-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Awesome day at A basin.

Got drunk as fuck last night so I slept in hella late this morning. Woke up around 11 and breezed up I70. Parked in a spot right next to Pali and was on the mountain by 1.

Talked to someone who told me that they woke up early, drove I70 and dealt with the cluster fuck this morning, got to the pass and the pass was closed. Drove all the way around to the basin only to find out that parking was full and they needed to go back to keystone. Said they waited 20 minutes for a bus up to the basin. Apparently he only made it into the mountain an hour earlier than me. I wanted to laugh, but felt too bad.

Awesome skiing and tons of untracked in the Zuma trees. One of my better days this season.

Scary amounts of gapers on Loveland pass today. Scary

A Basin went off today, IMO. Got there about 9:30 after taking 25 minutes to get from Keystone to Early Riser lot. Heavy snow set back in right as I was loading Exhibition. Got in 4 laps off Lenawee before patrol opened the East Wall. Rushed out the traverse to be the second one up Willie's. Then North Pole.

On a side note, I really enjoyed skiing on non-powder skis. Face shots came easy.

Thanks for telling us about your basic ass day mr. gaper with a 9 to 5.

How about some weather discussion? Wind switch to NW happened early than expected. Squalling all day at Jones Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Thanks for telling us about your basic ass day mr. gaper with a 9 to 5.

How about some weather discussion? Wind switch to NW happened early than expected. Squalling all day at Jones Pass.

Well aren't you fucking cool because you don't have a 9 to 5 job.

RMNP was the tits today. Probably 30", all that mattered though was that it was bottomless all day. Stability was unheard of, everything was a go and the snow was fast. Southern aspects got beat quick by the little bit of sun that came out, everything else was still good at 5:30 when we got back to the car. Have fun if you're heading up there tomorrow.