Page 684 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 ... LastLast
Results 17,076 to 17,100 of 41276
    I think that's Super gauge. And awesome.

Butler skied great today and should be really good after the next cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Not really under the lift. Eastsoutheast face between challenger and super gauge about half way down.
    That's the "natural" terrain park they had a few years back, always fun. I was up there yesterday, also surprised at how soft things were. I stay out of the trees until there is a 60" base though, lots of down timber in through there. Too bad this next storm is going to be a dud...
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    That's the "natural" terrain park they had a few years back, always fun. I was up there yesterday, also surprised at how soft things were. I stay out of the trees until there is a 60" base though, lots of down timber in through there. Too bad this next storm is going to be a dud...
    Well whatever the place is it was awesome and deep as shit with NO ONE skiing over there. Lapped it about 4 times and never had an issue with the base, but definitely can see your point. There was a lot to get hung up on, but not enough to keep me out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Pretty good week here in CB under a favorable wind direction- 31" at Irwin in the past week. Unfortunately we had a slide with an injury yesterday, if the rumor mill is correct, the skier caught knows his shit, and has been skiing around here for decades. Keeping my fingers crossed that this next storm has a good W component to it, not just the dreaded NW.

Any idea where they got caught?

will sledding there sat and sun.

gracias

Hopeful that the CBAC is more accurate than Joel on this one (they usually are): "Models suggest that the jet streak that was going to be enhancing the snowfall for areas near Steamboat, will sag farther south, putting central Colorado, including the Elk Mountains, in the bullseye for this major winter storm."

The trend has been for the Jet to sag south over the last few runs. Not great temps for optimum snow production but I think almost everybody gets a good shot if snow this round.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Hopeful that the CBAC is more accurate than Joel on this one (they usually are): "Models suggest that the jet streak that was going to be enhancing the snowfall for areas near Steamboat, will sag farther south, putting central Colorado, including the Elk Mountains, in the bullseye for this major winter storm."
    CBAC pls

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

NWS talks about the flow turning more N tomorrow which wouldn't benefit Eagle Cty but would benefit Summit. It's gonna snow almost everywhere, sounds like it's gonna be crazy windy too. I love a good storm!
    Last edited by montanaskier; 12-20-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Beav snowstake cam looks to be going off. Bring it, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Nice snow at 8100 in cordillera

Signature alert!!!

Gratuitously brought to you from sunny southern Arizona.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Not really snowing yet up in the 80478. This afternoon through tomorrow hopefully. Agreed, Wanker Park is skiing pretty well with Pano not open. The pretty established names for the areas you guys were talking about are:

a. if you drop skiers right before the top of the pony into the natural terrain park, that is THE DOG PATCH

b. if you drop skiers right off Riflesight and ski the longer pitch down to the C chair, the is THE ROCK GARDEN

you can call it what you want but patrol has accepted names for everything and with so many people skiing the trees, it is helpful use established names. Also, if the best way to call patrol is on their dispatch number with your cell. They can they ping the phone to find your location.

^^ Ha, dog patch, I'd forgotten all about that name. Good memories.

In other news, if this storm isn't supposed to start until later, then we've got a good one on tap. Irwin cam already showing 10", steady snow in CB.

Alright Mags- when do you think would be a good time to leave tomorrow morning? Worried about road closure on i70... I would love to head up tonight but not sure that is going to happen.

^^There's an entire thread devoted to I-70 chat.

If this storm delivers it is going to be a very merry xmas.

Noon update from the NWS calls this a "humdinger" of a storm. Snowed pretty good at the Beav this morning and was wicked windy.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Snowing pretty much all day at WP and continuing. Tomorrow is gonna be dumb.

Sounds like it was Dog Patch, so good again there today. So fun.

That's right, I forgot about the Dog Patch Days. Once resort went in and put it in the trail map, it went to shit. Still holds snow and the Rock Garden is fun too. I hope there are a few leftovers for Tuesday AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Also ventured in said "Dog Patch" today, was very good, as were the "Shlong Trees", who knows if thats the proper name

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Timing-wise does this storm seem earlier than predicted? Does it look to wrap up tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday AM?

I'd say mostly tomorrow afternoon
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

It was actually snowing UP today at the Beav. This wind going to calm down or what? Not to be a Gloomy Gus, but I'm buying the under.