Page 710 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 ... LastLast
Results 17,726 to 17,750 of 41290
    NOAA forecast is for 50" - 80" of snow for Wolf Creek between now and Monday morning. I think that's too much snow for that place. Will they be able to open anything? I'm pretty sure Blurred and Phishshow went down there several years back at the end of a 100" storm cycle and everything over toward Alberta Chair was closed. That's a shit-ton of snow to manage/mitigate.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    NOAA forecast is for 50" - 80" of snow for Wolf Creek between now and Monday morning. I think that's too much snow for that place. Will they be able to open anything? I'm pretty sure Blurred and Phishshow went down there several years back at the end of a 100" storm cycle and everything over toward Alberta Chair was closed. That's a shit-ton of snow to manage/mitigate.
    I've been there once before during a 4 foot cycle and everything was open, excluding hike-to stuff. Monday may be a challenge though. By my count it's 2+ feet by lift opening Saturday and 4+ feet by opening Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    I've been there once before during a 4 foot cycle and everything was open, excluding hike-to stuff. Monday may be a challenge though. By my count it's 2+ feet by lift opening Saturday and 4+ feet by opening Sunday.
    True, maybe Sat-Sun will be okay, but by Mon or Tues they'll have too much snow. Maybe Saturday skier traffic will be a good thing.

I've been there at least a few times during 40"-50"cycles with everything open but this looks to be much bigger than that. I was thinking Wolf Creek for Sunday, Taos on Monday. Hmmm.......
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    I've had this happen before, it's kinda lame, but you make the best of it. Sometimes you just gotta roll the dice and see what you get. I agree that it can be too much snow for that mountain. Hopefully they get some more (steeper) terrain open in the future and it looks like they will if they ever get the expansion approved.

Seems they get one or two 50"+ storms every year. Not too uncommon for them. Alberta trees should be open?
    I've only been to Wolf once, and didn't love the place as a snowboarder, but if they expand into Matchless I'll rush to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    He'll stop for pictures so he can make everyone on FB jealous, but he didn't bring the photographer this time.
    I invited the photog to go but he was too busy washing his panties or something...

Just a quick tease from stopping on the ridge: It was a GREAT day on Tuesday and went bluebird. I can only imagine how good it is going to be with another 4 foot dump on top of that kick ass base now!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kniferidge.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	164564

Name:	sanjuanswolf.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	633.4 KB 
ID:	164562

Name:	kniferidge2.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	844.2 KB 
ID:	164563
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I bet he slutted himself anyway, 'cause he's a whore. The pics just won't be as good.
    I wish I could perfect the 15 foot drop to white-room landing selfie. I wouldn't need Steve any more then.

Any reports on moisture content? Gratz got me riled up with his 'don't-expect-blower' comments. Looks like mid-30s in South Fork with some rain on Sunday, but that's around 8K elev. It also looks to be pretty cold tonight and tomorrow night. Suppose I should just find my own weather source...

The Snotel site at the top of Wolf Creek Pass is currently showing 17* at 9AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Pow View Post
    Any reports on moisture content? Gratz got me riled up with his 'don't-expect-blower' comments. Looks like mid-30s in South Fork with some rain on Sunday, but that's around 8K elev. It also looks to be pretty cold tonight and tomorrow night. Suppose I should just find my own weather source...
    Last weekend it came in blower than settled fast into Hero Velvet Pow. For this storm I would expect it to be reversed perhaps? Come in a little heavier than get colder and colder. But what do I know....to be fair it was a TON of fun skiing snow a little heavier and helped cover up everything. They were in BAD shape before these storms.

Vail was good this morning. The crust underneath is officially gone.

I am not sure if its warm or if I overdressed. Probably some of each. There is no / little wind. They just opened the Knife Edge and from my two run sample size off the top, the snow I have been choking on seems remarkably dry.

I wouldnt call it dumping at the moment but it is snowing fairly hard and is picking up intensity.

I am curious why some of you guys let an internet weatherman get in your head?

Also I retract my earlier comment. It is now dumping.
    Last edited by JoeStrummer; 02-27-2015 at 02:16 PM.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Taos bound for Sunday & Monday.
    Old's Cool.

Big sleeper pow day at Highlands. Close to the best day of the year. 8-10" of fluff in the bowl.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Tracking-Maps

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Super blower at Vail. Was getting faceshots every turn inbounds in only about 10". Wierd. Crust may be gone, but that firm base was still everywhere. Landings were almost as if it had never snowed. Settled quickly though and skied much better by the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Super blower at Vail. Was getting faceshots every turn inbounds in only about 10". Wierd. Crust may be gone, but that firm base was still everywhere. Landings were almost as if it had never snowed. Settled quickly though and skied much better by the end of the day.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1425081023201.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	164579
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Extremely pitted at silverton the last 2 days

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

The wolf creek NOAA forecast is ridiculous at 70-100" through Monday

^^^^thats a bunch of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Vail was good this morning. The crust underneath is officially gone.
    Mahalo. Deplaning shortly. Up for BBQ next week at Bells let me know. Quik and dirty. tortillas and thin steak and go ski.

I'd like a tour of Lynx Point, it's been looking me in the eye for years, but I ski solo 99.9% of the time. Only been to the spot across the meadow that gets you straight to Earls chair. And that is sweet….

Name:	IMG_4625.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	164585

It isn't doing shit down at wolf creek right now. Taos looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Mahalo. Deplaning shortly. Up for BBQ next week at Bells let me know. Quik and dirty. tortillas and thin steak and go ski.

I'd like a tour of Lynx Point, it's been looking me in the eye for years, but I ski solo 99.9% of the time. Only been to the spot across the meadow that gets you straight to Earls chair. And that is sweet….

Name:	IMG_4625.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	164585
    That's going to be inbounds next year. Might as well be already. Last time I hiked out there to ski boob tube, I counted 10 people out there, all without packs and a clue.

That's going to be inbounds next year. Might as well be already. Last time I hiked out there to ski boob tube, I counted 10 people out there, all without packs and a clue.
    Where did you hear that this will be added for next season?

The pack-less wonders are really something.

I thought back in the day the first half of that zone was inbounds, briefly, trail markers still on trees etc. and the gate was added to keep the punters out?

My favorite no-pack-no-clue pic, take 100' east of the EV boot pack-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2760.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	580.6 KB 
ID:	164593