Page 641 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 ... LastLast
Results 16,001 to 16,025 of 41143
    I'd think you'd be fine
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

From the vail daily

"Guests are also not permitted to ride lifts, ski or snowboard on Vail Mountain with open containers or exposed quantities of alcohol, coolers, suitcase-like carriers, barbecues or similar items. One daypack per person will be permitted on Closing Day, provided the bag fits in a five-gallon container. Bags that do not meet the requirement are subject to search and will only be allowed if they contain no alcohol or controlled substances."
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Not that it matters now but it is WARM today

it doesnt matter when some places were still getting slammed with snow a week ago.

i know not everyone got hit like breck did this year, but most did pretty well. april 1st i'm usually skiing puddles and avoiding exposed rocks; but it could still pass for march 1st today.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

42 and raining, legit steady rain in town breck right now, whoaaaa

closing things out mid winter east coast style

Thundersnow at 2:30 and real live rain below 9,500 in WP too. My first time ever skiing in rain. I do not approve, that sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Skied Mt Lincoln today. Bullet hard refrozen corn, didn't get any sun. Looked socked in when I got back to my car at 11am.

Had some rain in Vail today but mainly sprinkles below 10k and flurries above. Sun at times and the slush skied great! My liquor is in place for tomorrow. I had a yellow coat say that weed will not be tolerated FWIW.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

definitely enjoyed the smell of rain yesterday, not that I'm totally ready for summer though... 4 inches of slop at breck, happy 420!

Well, at least it cleared all of the snow out of the yard in one day. Pretty crazy the difference one day of rain can have on the snowpack down in the valley. Hopefully the snow level didn't get too high.

^yeah the wall outside my apartment was still as tall as my subie yesterday but this morning it's only a foot high haha

Steady rain, sometimes pouring, in the village right now. I hope it's not too sloppy up there.

I'm wearing a blue patagucci hoody, black pants, 4frnt sticker on my helmet, and snowlerblades. Ask for change.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Skied Arkansas today. Pretty wet snow, but great steep powder turns. Got rocked with low vis right before dropping, so no action pics. No rain, just graupal.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 04-20-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Skied Arkansas today. Pretty wet snow, but great steep powder turns. Got rocked with low vis right before dropping, so no action pics. No rain, just graupal.
    N couloir? If so how was the cornice?

Skied the NW couloir on Kelso (not sure if this has a name), and the tuning fork on Torreys. Most amazingly fortuitous weather day ever. Clouds kept blowing through and giving us the time to keep skiing. No wind. A bit surface-reactive on Kelso, but stable-blower top to bottom on tuning fork. One of the best days all year.

Hmmm...sounds good up high. Anybody wanting to ski steep-ish things tomorrow in the front range/summit zones shoot me a PM.

Any info on a slide in the silver today? Grapevine says there might have been a slide there.

Any good pics from 4@4?

4@4 had an NSA/CIA jamming frequency pumping through the top. Fuckin bullshit, but it did keep all photos out.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    N couloir? If so how was the cornice?
    You can get around it, but its a spicy 60 degrees above the rocks to the left in the photo - like when your knees get in the way of kicking steps. It wasn't as bad as it looked, but it gets your attention. We climbed - wanted to see conditions on the way up. Sluffed a lot on the way down. Was fun trying to stay ahead of it. I didn't realize the upper section was so steep, it was pushing low 50s for a few hundred - first time up there. Can't wait to hit it with good vis and really let em run.

Last edited by Lindahl; 04-21-2014 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Any good pics from 4@4?

'twas a good time as always. Good crowd, good costumes, pretty good weather. Had 1 squall blow in for about an hour then it went sunny for the end. I hurt a tad today.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Fun closing on Ajax, that's probably it for me as far as resort skiing even though they are opening back up for the next two weekends... Excellent season! I made some turns this year that I'll remember for a long time.

Always a bittersweet time of year. Still going to Breck this week and ABasin till summer, and ready for summer activities, but hard to not ski once a week.

Crested Butte re-opening this weekend! $20 w/out a pass. limited opening, should still be a ton of fun! http://skicb.com/things-to-do/events-calendar/reopening
    Last edited by goldenboy; 04-21-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Fun closing on Ajax, that's probably it for me as far as resort skiing even though they are opening back up for the next two weekends... Excellent season! I made some turns this year that I'll remember for a long time.
    hear hear.

I skied Saturday.. if you skied the snirt it wasn't too sticky.. or, at least if it was it was predictable.

Great season. Time to head up to Margy's hut.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Aspen's employee party was awesome. We got a couple of inches Sunday night up high, then it cleared and got cold. Monday dawned blue and turned the new snow to butter!

Great season, but I'm not sure I'm ready to pack it in just yet.