Page 465 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,625 of 41276
    Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post
    teh suck?

Poor lil' truck.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I got there at 8:30 and left at 11 and had no issues
    I would guess at the very bottom of the bowls or the frontside. I did notice that there is MUCH more snow above say 10,000 ft than below. Its a significant difference. Its nice and soft up top with some deep pockets still. Its mostly cut up but its there.

I dont see much snowfall at all here in town (Vail) but incredibly I think Summit Co. is the best bet tomorrow (well today!) in regards to the i70 resorts.

3 at Vail overnight and an angry inch at the Beav.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Fuck this season.

Not even going to bother today.

Monarch with another foot....Had plans in summit area though.
    decisions decisions.
    If anyone wanted to go and split the shell 2fer tix I might.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Monarch with another foot....Had plans in summit area though.
    decisions decisions.
    If anyone wanted to go and split the shell 2fer tix I might.
    I'm in, leaving from Breck. PM sent. Will be leaving in about 45min.

Keystone was the VA overnight winner! W T F
    Wish I had time to visit monarch, freaking depressing snow report here. Looks like snow started back up, but it's probably too cold for big flakes and decent accumulations. Starting to look like we're fucked this summer, 184" and spring is around the corner...

Snowing hard at Genesee Hill on i70 on route to Copper's 5". Nothing like a 4 30am alarm for a meager pow day. Sign of the times....

Good thing is were directly behind a 4 wide snowplow party. Easy driving.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    3 at Vail overnight and an angry inch at the Beav.
    I bet that inch will ski like its two inches though.

Edit to add- There is almost no new snow on the ground in Boulder.

Pretty epic fail but whatever. I'm going to Vail with the wife.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Rideski can't make it here in time. Any summit mags or others leave from up here in about 30 min and want to split gas and a 2 for 1? Send me a PM and your number.

You should have been pounded yesterday, after all the storm was so severe Southwest canceled flights into DEN. That is why I am sitting in a fucking LA hotel room instead of on my way to ski today.

Fuck Southwest

Of course ever other airline manage to fly in the "blizzard".

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Glad I held out and didn't ski Friday (9" Vail) and waited for this epic 3" pow day

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    You should have been pounded yesterday, after all the storm was so severe Southwest canceled flights into DEN. That is why I am sitting in a fucking LA hotel room instead of on my way to ski today.

Fuck Southwest

Of course ever other airline manage to fly in the "blizzard".
    The blows. Aspen got 6" and skiing well. There's a direct out of LAX at 7am that would put on the hill about an hour late.

whooo hooo!!!!!!

IF Keystone actually got 6", I'd be surprised....

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I bet that inch will ski like its two inches though.

Edit to add- There is almost no new snow on the ground in Boulder.
    Huh... 5-6" so far up here in Niwot and it's nuking right now. I bet we end up with a foot easy.

Telluride posted 8" with maybe 2-3" of that falling overnight. I'm kind of amazed how big of a dud this storm ended up being. Conditions are going to still be awesome here but I've learned my lesson.

Time to start taking Joel's "powder day" forecasts with a grain of salt.

Good snow at Vail, not epic, but good
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Huh... 5-6" so far up here in Niwot and it's nuking right now. I bet we end up with a foot easy.
    It started to come down, but hadn't snowed until sometime after 6.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I thought WP was doing pretty well (relatively speaking)?
    Quote Originally Posted by carvemeister View Post
    Thanks for the update. I assume you're referring to WP and not Jones Pass, which I imagine isn't much better. Sort of wish I wasn't stuck with a 5 day lift ticket at WP. Seems like a road trip would be in order up to Steamboat (or a half-dozen other places). Good thing it's 9 days away.
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I heard WP is skiing very well, not sure what the guy above you is talking about. I mean, the cirque is open...
    Sorry, kind of misleading with the previous quote. They do have great coverage on almost all runs, BUT the really good steeps are all NE to SE exposure. Those exposures were pretty bad in the chutes, and I would imagine the same exposures in the Cirque would be pretty meager too. I don't bother with the trees until they get at least a 60" base, too much downed timber anymore up there and I value my knees. I checked out Eagle Wind too, pretty thin back there as well in a lot of the "good" spots.

HOWEVER, they have received another 8" since I skied on Thursday, and my REAL point was that with that and another foot, everything (trees, stashes, steeps) should be good to go. Hope that helps, and 9 days is plenty of time for things to change and continue to improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Denver must be really getting pounded, Southwest canceled more flights today. We are going to try again tomorrow. Hopefully it will be sunny and 80F so they will fly. United flights, and just about everybody else is gluing it would only cost me $1,000 to change my ticket to United. That and now my rental car is $50 more for one day less. The system is fucked

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Hutash- it's definitely dumping in town; probably an inch or more an hour and the wind is whipping from the north. It's probably even worse out by DIA due to the upslope.

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    Sorry, kind of misleading with the previous quote. They do have great coverage on almost all runs, BUT the really good steeps are all NE to SE exposure. Those exposures were pretty bad in the chutes, and I would imagine the same exposures in the Cirque would be pretty meager too. I don't bother with the trees until they get at least a 60" base, too much downed timber anymore up there and I value my knees. I checked out Eagle Wind too, pretty thin back there as well in a lot of the "good" spots.

HOWEVER, they have received another 8" since I skied on Thursday, and my REAL point was that with that and another foot, everything (trees, stashes, steeps) should be good to go. Hope that helps, and 9 days is plenty of time for things to change and continue to improve.
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully WP picks something up today because I just waxed my Wailers.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Denver must be really getting pounded, Southwest canceled more flights today. We are going to try again tomorrow. Hopefully it will be sunny and 80F so they will fly. United flights, and just about everybody else is gluing it would only cost me $1,000 to change my ticket to United. That and now my rental car is $50 more for one day less. The system is fucked
    Have you looked into flying direct into EGE, HYD or ASE? Yes, it might cost you an extra grand, but it might salvage your trip.
    Hell, even flying into SLC , might get you there faster?