Page 371 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,275 of 41265
    Feels like Oregon here in Lafayette. Very welcome rain.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Feels like Oregon here in Lafayette. Very welcome rain.

Indian Peaks was drenched on Monday. I went out at about 5:30 and some bunkers still had a foot or so of water in them. I can't remember the last time it was that humid.

fire ban lifted by the Governor, but I can't figure out which counties/USFS lands are actually allowing fires. I think that the news is saying we might be able to have fires this weekend?

In many USFS areas you can now have fires in improved campgrounds with official fire rings, but not backcountry fires wherever you want. Try calling the USFS office of the area you want to visit and ask their specific bans because they are different everywhere.

as I left the Basalt area today heading home....it came a WICKED storm in Carbondale. Mudslides, water everywhere, thunder, lightening, wind...just wicked. Rained hard thru the canyon but just light rain in Eagle County...whew, that was something.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Dumping rain currently along the highline Canal in littleton... Waiting out the storm under some cottonwoods

Dav sent this pic via twitter earlier

http://lockerz.com/s/225680001

Snow or hail?

So Abasin is reporting a dusting up high as are others in the Ten Mile. 1st snow! 38 degrees at the house this morning.
    Last edited by montanaskier; 07-17-2012 at 08:19 AM.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

some parts of ten mile got a bit more than just a dusting..

We were trying to figure out if that was snow or hail. It was 32º at our house yesterday morning so it is quite possible that it was snow but hail still seems more plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    some parts of ten mile got a bit more than just a dusting..

Loving all this moisture the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Loving all this moisture the last few weeks.
    definitely

Another view of the snowhail. Whatever it was, it was frozen and it stuck around all night. It was nice to look at in the middle of the longest summer ever.

just here to say that I LOVE afternoon thunderstorms/rain. Cools everything off in time for bed....keep on keeping on.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Beautiful sunset tonight on the Front Range.... I'm kicking myself for not bringing my camera with me when I took the dogs for a quick walk.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    just here to say that I LOVE afternoon thunderstorms/rain. Cools everything off in time for bed....keep on keeping on.
    Pfft. I can play free golf anytime after 3 so this crap is really cramping my style. Lightning got real close yesterday in Wolcott. Any indication of when this pattern will end?

^^^ gonna be awhile I think. We haven't had a lot of rain, but lots of thunder, lightening, wind, and clouds. Where do you play for free after 3? Lets go play.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

WICKED storms last night around 8 and it rained til around 10 or 11.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Was just down in Silverton and got snowed on while driving over Cinnamon Pass. Loved it.

^^^^ WOOT!!!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I think we can safely say it was a wet July. It can stop at anytime but it rained every afternoon in July except for 9. Fire danger went from extreme to moderate. Still dry, but much better.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I think we can safely say it was a wet July. It can stop at anytime but it rained every afternoon in July except for 9. Fire danger went from extreme to moderate. Still dry, but much better.
    I would say it was an average july, actually hotter than usual. it only seemed "wet" because of how dry this whole year has been

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    I would say it was an average july, actually hotter than usual. it only seemed "wet" because of how dry this whole year has been
    Actually, it seemed like it was wet because it was.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_21192520

The Beach was awesome yesterday with 5 foot swells, nobody around, water temp around 70, sunny with no clouds, and smack dab at 80 degrees...

Going to be hard coming back to CO this weekend, so please keep the moisture train coming
    You should have been here yesterday!

no more fire ban here in gunnison county! woot!

"STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS REPEALED; Effective 7/31/12 at 12:01 pm. Today, Gunnison County officially repealed the Stage 1 Fire Restrictions that were previously instituted."

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Actually, it seemed like it was wet because it was.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_21192520
    Cool. glad you could give me a link to an article about 1 city on the front range. which has a completely different microclimate from the rest of the front range.

Denver has seen .42 inches of rain in july. Boulder has seen nearly 5 inches in july. The total rainfall for the city of denver this year is 5.67 inches. These 2 cities are only 14 miles away from each other, but I would argue that most of the state saw about 1-2 inches of rain in july.

either way, crazy that 2 places so close to each other could have a 4inch precipitation difference in one month

Well, you live in Boulder so I thought it would be somewhat relevant.

It really is amazing how different the moisture is in different parts of the Front Range. I moved from Erie to Niwot a few months ago and the amount of rain we now get is quite nice. Erie is in a bubble where all the storms go north or south, or just evaporate before they hit. Must be all those oil wells or something.

I live in boulder august to may for school. cherry creek in the summer

it's actually been pretty dry here. I'd say maybe 1 or 2 inches of rain this month but it did DUMP today which was nice