Page 369 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,225 of 41290
    Yeah, watching it on channel 7 now and it's pretty fucking intense.

Haha. They're showing people stopped under the "Don't Stop on the Highway" sign.
    The best things in life aren't things.

The live video of the Waldo fire was crazy until a few minutes ago. http://www.9news.com/news/article/27...re-evacuations

A picture i saw on facebook.

MF: your 5th, 6th and 7th photos are badass.I could see the same in my rear view as I drove south on 93.
    I'm in Martin Acres, one block from Table Mesa & Broadway. According to the city's most recent update, the fire is still spreading east, though visually its pace looks to have slowed considerably.
    I was in town for the first hour, drove to Golden to run, and while there we saw at least 3 dozen strikes. It was mayhem down there, with fire crews racing up Lookout, out to White Ranch, etc. Fortunately it was also sporadically raining an inch+ an hour.
    I got home around 7:30 and could see three hotspots on the face between Sobo and Bear peak. This would be the area just north (right) of Mofo's pic #5, just up from Devil's Thumb. Around this time, the city posted they had a small crew fighting these three flare-ups. Anyone that has ever ran/climbed Sobo or Bear via Shadow or Fern canyon can attest to how tough the terrain is. The area in question is virtually unapproachable, let alone with gear. I think we are lucky to have some serious hard-asses up there. The hot spots are out, and at the moment there don't appear to be any flare-ups on the town side of the ridge.
    And how badass are C-130's? Seriously impressive.

Waldo Canyon fire pic from twitter...

Those are the most terrifying pics I've ever seen.

Mother Nature at work. Stay the fuck out of the way.

Looks like SoCal.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Its 'cause we traded Tebow, isn't it?

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/a...n=wp&feedId=34

They are making a stand, thats for sure.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

+++++++vibes+++++++ to all affected by the fires......stay strong out there.......monsoons will come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by char View Post
    http://www.radioreference.com/apps/a...n=wp&feedId=34

They are making a stand, thats for sure.
    Awesome link, thanks!

Here's another: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=222

I live on the west side of CO springs, a bit farther south than where has been evacuated. Pretty smokey here though, and ridiculous to watch. Scary shit for sure, can see flames from my house

Thanks, Brad. I hear even your parts of town are under pre-evac notice. True?

The Waldo Fire is another fuckin' beast. Coverage of it make me sick for the people who's homes we're watching burn.

I'm abandoning my Heil ride tomorrow morning to get more pictures of the Flagstaff fire. If NCAR is open I'll get some pictures from the Mesa Trail. If not, and I'm expecting that'll be the case, I'll try to approach it from the south from a dirt road I found off west 72 where those last couple pictures were taken. That might be closed too as, on our way down, we passed a fire truck heading up; presumably for containment or to fight spot fires. The wind wasblowing that way ridic on my way out.

If anyone needs a place to crash if you're evac'ed, let me know. Got a spare room with a queen bed to call your own for as long as you need.
    The best things in life aren't things.

Yea I was down in Golden after work trying to get some riding in before the storm hit. Didn't happen... there was wicked lightning and little bit of hail. No pictures though, i'm useless.

The fire down in the springs looks like its going to really mess some shit up. vibes

[QUOTE=MotherFucker;3676034]Cross-post from the thread in PR:

Headed out to get a few vantage points of the fire. Nothing worth noting except there was some visible crowning that could be viewed from the south side of the fire and the smoke plume was blowing mainly east northeast of the fire line. Was taking shots from 4:40 to about 6:30 and didn't see them start dropping tanks of anything 'til 5:15ish. On the way home down 93 to 72, we saw multiple cloud to ground strikes around Golden and could even make out the plume of the Waldo Fire down in the Springs.

From the east on the Boulder Overlook off US36:

Also from the Overlook:

From the southeast near a closed open space (heh):

Also from the southeast:

Again from the southeast. You can see a slurry bomber heading in for a drop to the left of the plume:

From the south:

Also from the south:
    [/QUOTE

Yea I was down in Golden after work trying to get some riding in before the storm hit. Didn't happen... there was wicked lightning and little bit of hail. No pictures though, i'm useless.

The fire down in the springs looks like its going to really mess some shit up. vibes

Went up Eldorado canyon last night and saw some flames/embers on the side of the flatirons. Any updates on the Boulder fire? I can't smell smoke here anymore so that has to be good.

^^^ tried to post some shitty blackberry pics in the thread on padded room from bike ride at lunch from westminster hills open space. looked to me the fire was running down south to from South Boulder peak to Eldorado Springs. Winds were picking up quite a bit....

Last I saw it was trying to make its way down Shadow canyon, and I wasn't back there, but I assume its also doing something on the backside/flank of S. Boulder peak, which would definitely put it in view of anyone in Eldo canyon.
    I know they aren't claiming much in the way of progress, but I think we're really fortunate in the pace that's its adopted since yesterday evening.

a little rain up here in Vail today. Cooler temps but windy conditions at times. I didn't see any lightening or hear any thunder and it wasn't much rain, but a quick shower and was more than we've had the last 6 weeks or so.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by BraddA View Post
    And how badass are C-130's? Seriously impressive.
    And the P3s

in regard to area fuel moisture, “We’re at 4.4 percent and that’s an average valley-wide. If you look at kiln-dried lumber, it’s 10 to 12 percent.” (gunnison valley)

everybody in fire areas needs to be on their toes right now and ready to evac at pretty much anytime.

Spotted a new hot-spot sparked by that last little storm that moved through. Northern Flatirons, on the N. shoulder of Green Mountain, between (and above obviously) the 2nd & 3rd Flatirons. Nothing major, and the birds are already absolutely flogging it, but something to keep an eye on nonetheless.

Looked like it rained pretty good in Summit/Eagle? Any reports?

.17" here in Aspen... might get a little more.

mainly sprinkles....with a brief shower or 2 mixed in.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL