Page 361 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 41290
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Lindahl...what hike in IPW? How were the conditions?
    We went up partially to Blue Lake for an evening picnic (and to scope out skiing conditions - utter shit). As long as you are careful to follow the trail (footsteps), stay away from willow groupings and are there either late in the evening, or early in the day, you won't posthole at all. Didn't need/bring microspikes nor snowshoes.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 04-02-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    We went up partially to Blue Lake for an evening picnic (and to scope out skiing conditions - utter shit). As long as you are careful to follow the trail (footsteps), stay away from willow groupings and are there either late in the evening, or early in the day, you won't posthole at all. Didn't need/bring microspikes nor snowshoes.
    I assume the road is still closed at the winter trailhead? Is the road to the summer trailhead bikeable?
    Thanks for the beta

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I was sitting on my deck yesterday in shorts and a t-shirt, drinking a cold beer, and sweating my ass off at 9000ft MSL.
    I wore shorts and a polo shirt and played the back 9 at the Aspen city course yesterday, which is usually buried under several feet of snow at this point in the season

I assume the road is still closed at the winter trailhead? Is the road to the summer trailhead bikeable?
    Thanks for the beta
    Yeah. It's bikeable almost the whole way - past the Brainard Lake bridge. Well worth it. We left at around 430 and got back to the car around 9?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    No words needed...
    so there's no way Aspen will reopen towards the end of April, like years past, right?

Winter Weather Advisory now up. Kinda hope it doesn't snow much. Not like you'll be able to ski anything anyway.

Montana seems to have run out of butthurt very prematurely this year so I'll step in here. We're FUCKED! January may have been early to fret, but it's dire now. The wet end of the whole extreme weather/global warming is much better, this dry part sucks. Guess I'll just go back to squirreling away nuts for the next winter we get more snow. Hard to believe how low the SWE is now...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REALLY low swe.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	113601  

looks like it's dumping at Loveland and A Basin...

I am so sick of heading people today complain about the snow in Denver. It's a miniscule amount and now it's rain. We need the precip and the weather this spring has been insanely nice...nothing to complain about if you're not a skier... /rant over
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 04-03-2012 at 10:29 AM.

so there's no way Aspen will reopen towards the end of April, like years past, right?
    Highland's may make it too the scheduled closing on the 22nd? The Bowl will probably be ok, but I don't know if you'll be able to ski to the base?

Originally, before the season started, there was talk of opening a couple of weekends in May and that won't happen.

Mostly pussies in Denver complaining about it being cold only because it was 80F the day before. I've never seen so many people wearing winter hats, gloves and jackets for 40 degrees!

the reported 7 inches at the basin was pretty accurate, wind swept away a lot of spots but others were pretty deep skiing. Pali face was closed all day but from the lift east avenue and timber glades looks mouthwatering.

glad Abasin and Loveland got some...not a flake over here but at least it isn't a billion degrees yesterday or today.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    the reported 7 inches at the basin was pretty accurate, wind swept away a lot of spots but others were pretty deep skiing. Pali face was closed all day but from the lift east avenue and timber glades looks mouthwatering.
    My buddy on ski patrol said that all of Pali terrain is closed for the season except for West Wall and Grizzly Road. I'm sure that could change with more snow, but not likely. Pali terrain closed on April 2nd. Epic.
    Old's Cool.

we had maybe a brief 30 min heavier snow shower here and that was it, sun coming out now, no accumulation. Dry for another week?

What's the call for tomorrow? Loveland and the newish snow (but not much of the ridge open) or Breck's upper terrain?

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    My buddy on ski patrol said that all of Pali terrain is closed for the season except for West Wall and Grizzly Road. I'm sure that could change with more snow, but not likely. Pali terrain closed on April 2nd. Epic.
    yeah I heard it was closed for the season, which seems pretty lame considering it's been open with no snow up until the day it actually snows. I mean shit, main turbo is plenty covered to ski.

Probably the fear of another wet slide incident...

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Rode Buff Creek and floated Deckers this weekend. Looking like a lobster today. Would take another pow day or two, but its going to have to be big dumps for me to get the skis back out. I've actually been enjoying summer quite a bit, this March. Drinkin beer, grilling, tokin up, riding bikes and water fun. I even went for a hike in the Indian Peaks. Yes, a hike. Wierd season.

Jbski, myself and a few others are gonna learn to speedfly in June. Hopefully that'll change things up enough to get us to next season without goin crazy. Will be fun to do a speedflying hut linkup. And, when we get skunked with shit snow, at least the flying will still be good.
    I bet Deckers was sweet at 130cfs.

Where are you learning to speedfly in June? If in CO, I'd be interested in details.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

I wonder if a climatalogist 100 years from now will dismiss this winter as bad data?
    I have more skis and bikes than Facebook friends.

Anyone been up around Francie's Cabin? We're supposed to be there tomorrow. Wondering how far up it's melted out.

First time i stumbled upon this graphic and it makes me a sad panda:

Quote Originally Posted by spthomson View Post
    I bet Deckers was sweet at 130cfs.

Where are you learning to speedfly in June? If in CO, I'd be interested in details.
    4 days in San Diego.

so El Nino, neutral, or La Nina next year fellas?!?!?!?!?

I really need to get my backpacking gear together already....

^^^ too soon to tell, I have seen a few folks hint at El Nino for next year.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    so El Nino, neutral, or La Nina next year fellas?!?!?!?!?
    this is the colorado thread, who cares?