Page 358 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,950 of 41143
    63 at 8100 and 53 at 10,300. Anybody have any stats for the least snowy March and warmest March....gotta be close to both I would think. REALLY nice outside today, makes me not want to be at work.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

So it looks like NOAA is saying it might be getting a little moist in two weeks. I feel like I've heard that before..

Even if right, there's not going to be much of a base left anyway.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    63 at 8100 and 53 at 10,300. Anybody have any stats for the least snowy March and warmest March....gotta be close to both I would think. REALLY nice outside today, makes me not want to be at work.
    pretty soon we'll be talking about 90 degree weather, what a screwed up winter/spring

Be careful if you're skiing Breck this weekend!

Skied Ajax today.. Another week of weather like this and it's gonna be as good as done in CO right?

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Every year with the fucking forest fires, you guys are worse than a sewing circle. It could rain a bunch. Emergency plans are are must
    Every year? Give me a fucking break. I've lived in the Summit area for 16 years and taken the good with the terribly bad. Sorry that you're so bothered by some of us talking about a threat that could have a drastic affect on our lives.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post
    pretty soon we'll be talking about 90 degree weather, what a screwed up winter/spring
    ???

We went straight from autumn to summer.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

not gonna lie, had a blast at the basin today. west wall cornice offering some fun drops and fun bumps under pali. but damn I have never seen the place so bare, even in the el nino year a few years ago... I doubt patrol has even looked at the east wall yet this year. If we can just get one more good deep day I'll be content with the season... sort of... lol

big brown spot opened up on the front side of the Beav today. Both Vail and BC are going to have to have some cool temps and one more snow to make it til close. A buddy that works at the Beav told me this afternoon that they were going to start farming snow to keep something open to the bottom.

In other news, it was $$$ grilling and drinking beer after work, thermometer outside my place said 67
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    ???

We went straight from autumn to summer.

we had some decent storms here that dumped 15-20 each and had more powder days than expected given the weak winter...but yea, wtf, winter failed to really show up in strength this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Every year? Give me a fucking break. I've lived in the Summit area for 16 years and taken the good with the terribly bad. Sorry that you're so bothered by some of us talking about a threat that could have a drastic affect on our lives.
    haters gonna hate...meanwhile everybody living in the mtns should be concerned about the possibility of a low spring pack + a dry summer. Front rangers don't give a fuck until they can't water their lawns anymore.

There was still mid-winter type snow to be found at Breck today up on Whale's Tail and areas in the Lake Chutes. E Chair is still skiing well, with nice soft snow and good coverage. It's corned up, but not too slushy. Gonna head to A-Basin tomorrow. Heard that they already closed Turbo and West Turbo that were just opened only a few weeks ago. Probably focus more on the beachin' than the skiing tomorrow.
    Old's Cool.

Who was locked in a cubicle at va central decided this would be a good year to stay open later??

Gettin the fuck outa dodge with the sleds today. Hoping we find some awesome snow!

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Bothered? Don't think so highly of yourself. Every year in CO, it's a big fucking state, there is forest fire danger. Last year there was even the Keystone Ranch fire. Just because it finally hit home this year doesn't lessen the threat every other year and preparedness is key. In the past 8 years there have been 3 major forest fires within a couple miles of my house. It's a threat every year and sorry if it came off like I didn't care about the threat this year. You should have an emergency action plan for forest fires but also for a number of different circumstances.

haters gonna hate...meanwhile everybody living in the mtns should be concerned about the possibility of a low spring pack + a dry summer. Front rangers don't give a fuck until they can't water their lawns anymore.
    So, no Front Rangers have ever worried about a dry summer? There are no mountain dwellers on the Front Range? Glad we could draw out the holier than thou CO folk. I've dealt with fire danger every summer I've lived in my house so you can shut the fuck up about lawn watering and other shit you condo living mountain hipsters worry about.

La Nina, what a load of bunk. The warmest winter in US history this 2011/2012 Last week when it was warm out, again,
    there were something over 2000 high records set accross the USA. This winter sucked ass. On the other hand, Europe and Asia had record winters, too bad the US dollar aint going too far. Back to a Cham coach in April.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Bothered? Don't think so highly of yourself. Every year in CO, it's a big fucking state, there is forest fire danger. Last year there was even the Keystone Ranch fire. Just because it finally hit home this year doesn't lessen the threat every other year and preparedness is key. In the past 8 years there have been 3 major forest fires within a couple miles of my house. It's a threat every year and sorry if it came off like I didn't care about the threat this year. You should have an emergency action plan for forest fires but also for a number of different circumstances.

So, no Front Rangers have ever worried about a dry summer? There are no mountain dwellers on the Front Range? Glad we could draw out the holier than thou CO folk. I've dealt with fire danger every summer I've lived in my house so you can shut the fuck up about lawn watering and other shit you condo living mountain hipsters worry about.

You guys are both saying the same thing, but arguing about it.

Yeah, forest fires suck and this summer will no doubt have it's threats. But there's really not much that we can do about it. Front range, back range, doesn't matter, it all can burn. I had a hard time finding a homeowner's insurance policy for my house because it's surrounded by beetle kill and built out of big logs. This shit sucks but I still love living here so I just hope it doesn't burn BIG.

Highland bowl is the last bastion of American freedom. Winter-like snow up there still.

Still no snow and warm temps for the 10-day forecast window.

nice snow up high today...cornish on NE aspects above 12k. Snow down low is thick, heavy, or absent.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

with how fast the snow is melting out here we may have some lower elevation south facing stuff good to go for mountain biking by the end of the week...sweet

with how fast the snow is melting out here we may have some lower elevation south facing stuff good to go for mountain biking by the end of the week...sweet
    Upper doesn't look too far off, but I think it will be muddy for a while still. Word on the street is Hartman's opens today.

That said, the last 2 weeks have been far and away the best 2 weeks of skiing around here for me, so the bike won't come out for me anytime too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Upper doesn't look too far off, but I think it will be muddy for a while still. Word on the street is Hartman's opens today.

That said, the last 2 weeks have been far and away the best 2 weeks of skiing around here for me, so the bike won't come out for me anytime too soon.
    Yea, i just saw the BLM message for hartman's "Today is the day! The gates will open this afternoon. PLEASE ride responsibly. Some trails will be wet, some muddy and some snow covered. Respect your public lands and help ensure Hartmans opens as early as possible in future years."

Lupine might be good soon too...but yea might as well hit the snow while it lasts and maybe do a lil biking after skiing

Bagged clover mountain this weekend and then rode mtn bikes in salida. Yeah spring is super nice!

slush bumps were all time on both Highlands and Ajax this weekend! Oh, and Red Hill should be rideable by and large.... Prince Creek will be ready with a bunch of trails in the next week or two.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.