Page 265 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 41291
    Yesterday was the better in bounds day... no one there and the snow stayed great all day long. We got to Highlands at 9 this morning and steeplechase was tracked hard, even on the first run. The other side of the mountain was great and the bowl was epic, but you had to deal with the biggest line ever going up the bowl. Luckily we worked up close to the front and had untracked snow to make 3-5 turns down all of Full Curl. You don't get to do that too often. The bowl starting getting tracked and the snow started getting heavy so we went elsewhere, where we found the best turns of the year!

Yep, hero snow out on Peak 7 at Breck today. It was blown in deep into "Y" chute. Also did a run out on Peak 6.5 with bostonjohn and that was excellent as well. It's tough to beat bluebird pow days.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    It's tough to beat bluebird pow days.
    I'll take a free refills storm day with no crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I'll take a free refills storm day with no crowds.
    I'll take that too.
    Old's Cool.

shit was flyin' on the east wall at a basin today! so many huge hucks, pulled my first 3 off a 20 footer. saw some kid doing lincolns and flatspins off the same one.

I hate using the word epic, but today was EPIC

Snowmass skied 22" deep until around 11 or 12.... Then it skied about 12" until 1 with pockets of more.. around 12 of that was over night, and there were things that were definitely untouched from yesterday. Highlands was amazing yesterday with free refills all day... both were why I moved here but the lack of a crowd at highlands at yesterday was amazing.. no frenzy from the crew.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

The last couple of days have been great on Ajax. Yesterday was a bit of a frenzie, but it was fun seeing everyone getting after it.

Aspen SAR's rig was parked out front last night. Four missing out near Godwin-Green.
    Probably just didn't want to leave?

1st chair at 1A this morning if anyone wants to get after it?

Please god, let the biggest storm of the season hit next Tuesday and Wednesday!
    http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...ntProfile=1055

Highway closure April 5th and 6th, either way, hoping it'll be a lonely day on the slopes.

CAIC seems a lot more bullish about this week than Joel. NOAA more in line with Joel. Pulling for CAIC!
    Last edited by linvillegorge; 03-30-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Please god, let the biggest storm of the season hit next Tuesday and Wednesday!
    http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...ntProfile=1055

Highway closure April 5th and 6th, either way, hoping it'll be a lonely day on the slopes.
    yeah I saw them doing rock scaling in that area yesterday. They looked to have done most the work already. regardless, guess I'll be leaving buttcrack early is this is the case.

I'm not bullish on today/Thursday for the northern mountains. Good moisture and wind direction, but lacking jet stream/dynamical support and no cold advection. NWS' 5-10" is about in line with what I'm thinking. CAIC's 2ft+ is way high in my opinion...it's exactly what Fireweather shows, but outta line for this storm I think.

The Sunday/Monday storm is interesting. It now looks less of a straight west-to-east storm and more like a closed low dropping into southern CO that'll rock the southern San Juans and then give a good upslope storm to the front range late Sunday night into Monday. The models will change, so we'll just have to wait and see. Regardless, I'm not thinking it's more of a San Juan/Front Range event, with central and northern mountains needing some "luck" to get the better accumulations from localized snow bands.
    The artist formerly known as Colorado Powder Forecast: http://www.opensnow.com

Upslope on Sunday-Monday? I like the sound of that! Any chance for a good snow for the Front Range foothills? We're all on pins and needles here. It has been SO DRY for us this winter! Any little spark could start "the big one" that we all dread.

10" and Keystone is the winner today! Hard to believe Keystone doubled Vail this AM...

^I'm not. The cams were showing nukage since around 2pm with sunny skies in vail.

first time for everything. they fucking deserve it. i'll find thigh deep today...

Keystone doesn't deserve shit, except a swift kick in the proverbial nutts.
    You should have been here yesterday!

North facing snow at treeline was saturated today, creating massive pinwheels after skiing through it. Be careful in the bc!

Snow was like Sierra cement at Loveland this morning. Dense, but not wet ... very fast ... and surprisingly quite creamy. I imagine most of the Front Range will be the same considering temps at/above freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Keystone doesn't deserve shit, except a swift kick in the proverbial nutts.
    Ha Ha
    That deserves a bump.
    Ha Ha!!!!
    stay outta my line

Quote Originally Posted by PappaG View Post
    Snow was like Sierra cement at Loveland this morning. Dense, but not wet ... very fast ... and surprisingly quite creamy.
    Similar conditions at vail today. As long as it doesnt get too warm tomorrow it should stay soft for the weekend. Good day today overall.

whether or not keystone deserves it. it was INSANELY deep out there today. Although I did feel like I was skiing the PNW, really humid and foggy up top.

Holy HOT

yep, no freeze for a couple of nights now. Wet slide danger with all the new snow will shoot up this afternoon and tomorrow. It'll be 60 or more at 8k tomorrow...break out the flip flops and Corona.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Fuck. Was hoping for some soft landings this weekend. With those kinds of temps, I'm not so sure if even north/trees will be soft!?

vaildaily.com says 61 right now. Was warm enough to not use a coat at 9:00 AM