Two Dreams, One Night

It's very, very unusual for me to remember my dreams. The vast majority of nights go by without it ever seeming like I dreamed at all. Some nights I'll remember dreaming but they fade from my memory soon after waking.

Last night I had two very vivid dreams that I can still recall clearly and will get tucked away in the 'ol noggin with some other dreams that I can still remember.

Anyone know how to analyze dreams?

Dream 1:

I'm living in a 2 story kinda run-down house with the guy who is currently my housemate. It's somewhere similar to LA where the ocean is only a few blocks away, there are palm trees and the weather is usually sunny. There's a gentle hill going down to said ocean. I'm out in the front yard and somehow can see the water from there when suddenly a huge upwelling of water occurs, like a giant bubble rising up from the depths, or a massive underwater volcanic eruption. This causes a massive tidal wave that I can see rushing toward us. I run into the house where my housemate is watching TV in the living room. "Mike, get upstairs NOW!" I command and head for the stairs myself. He hesitates a moment then follows me more out of curiosity and because he could tell from my voice that something is wrong. I point out the window from the upstairs room and he sees the massive wall of water rushing towards us. We are not high enough, the water is much taller than the house. I turn my back to it and say to him "I've always thought you were all right." Then the water comes crashing through the wall behind and drives me forward. End of dream.

Dream 2:

I walk into a freshly remodeled house. The walls are painted a light blue, and there isn't any furniture in it yet. It's a strange house with a confusing floorplan. There is evil in this house and I keep feeling cold chills down my spine and unseen eyes watching with malevolent intent. It feels like if I could just turn around fast enough I'd be able to see what's watching me. I say out loud several times "God bless this house and all who live in it." Then I walk to the top of a staircase that descends to the basement and call my dog. I hear footsteps and then see a young man's body with my dog's head on it coming up the stairs. I'm dumbfounded and don't know what to say. He sees my look and says, as if it's the most natural thing in the world, "I'm seventeen, don't you think it's time I turned into a boy?" End of dream.

Truly bizarre the shit your subconscious can unleash. And yeah, I know that dream analysis is usually bullshit, but it's fun to speculate...
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Dream 1 used to be a common one for me. Tidal waves, etc. You have any posters/pics on the wall with waves, water? In college, I had quite a few Maverick's/North Shore/etc posters and I think that was definately the cause.

i had a dream the other night where i got all stoked out cause i was skiing and some kids had these new skis that were essentially GS race skis with twintips.

weird.

For what its worth, I've heard that a house that your in, in your dreams, signifies yourself, or a current self perception. Also if you poke a lot of smot than your much less likely to remember your dreams, no matter how vivid. I've quit smoking several times and puff very little these days because I've found my dreams to be a very important part of my reality. Lucid dreaming can be super fun and I've discovered a lot about my future and those around me in dreams. I will often get deja vu's from dreams and I won't actually remember its from a dream until it happens, its a pretty weird feeling.

I've also interacted with other people in dreams and had them remember a similar experience (in awake "reality").