Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Thanks for posting this. I just molded my liners and they feel great. Can't wait to go ski them.

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    When you are done buckling them, immediately put the toe of your boot on a 2x4 and try to put all your weight on your heel, forcing the liner to form a heel pocket.

Keep the boots on as long as you can stand the pain.... Which probably won't be more than 10 minutes After you are done, take your socks, toe caps, padding and footbed off, put the footbed in the liner and try them on. If you did it right, it should feel PERFECT. They will feel even better the next day. At this point, your feet will be a little swollen from being jammed in a smoking hot vise.
    Do they really stand that tall above the boot cuff??

Does that help performance?

Thinking about getting a pair of power wraps for AT performance (great thread on that already) but that seems like a lot of wasted liner sticking out the top.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Another idea that I got from a Scarpa rep: slide one of those ubiquitous thin disposable plastic shopping bags over the liner on your foot to help it slide into the shell. And/or use spray silicone.

I've seen an Intuition liner get wrinkles/folds around the Achilles tendon, so careful insertion and pulling is essential.

Yes - the foam on the liners is incredibly moldable. yoopers method is great but it requires a bit of care and attention. It can be quite easy to crease the liners and warp them if you're not careful putting them back in the boot after cooking. The Intuition blow-dry boot heaters actually makes the process pretty much idiot - proof.

Tyestick - I am surprised that hair dryers generated enough heat for the liners to get molded. Good to know

Snoboy - you're bang on. The Intuition liners were so much of a performance boost over the old liners that I found I slacked off the buckles on my boot quite a bit. I also took off and threw away all the old foam that I had put in my boot to take up space

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    It doesn't matter how you hold them open, but it is the key. If two guys can hold it wide until you are confident that you're in there right, then you should be good.

something goatse-ish about this thread.

One tip and one question.... I've found that using an extra power strap to tighten the upper part of the liner cuff (well above the top of the shell) helps to make sure the liner contacts your shin and calf well. I've seen some where the upper part of the liner is too loose against the leg.

For those of you who have used the heat stack / blowers, is it easy to get your insole inside the liner after its heated while its still inside the shell? My biggest problem with intuitions has been them ending up too loose, not too tight (and yes my shells are the right size, and I buckle the shells very loosely during molding). any extra tips on preventing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Do they really stand that tall above the boot cuff??

Does that help performance?

Thinking about getting a pair of power wraps for AT performance (great thread on that already) but that seems like a lot of wasted liner sticking out the top.
    Yeah, they are pretty damn tall. They are the tallest intuitions I've ever had. I don't know what the deal is there.... I don't think it will hurt anything, but I doubt it adds any performance.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    One tip and one question.... I've found that using an extra power strap to tighten the upper part of the liner cuff (well above the top of the shell) helps to make sure the liner contacts your shin and calf well. I've seen some where the upper part of the liner is too loose against the leg.

For those of you who have used the heat stack / blowers, is it easy to get your insole inside the liner after its heated while its still inside the shell? My biggest problem with intuitions has been them ending up too loose, not too tight (and yes my shells are the right size, and I buckle the shells very loosely during molding). any extra tips on preventing this?
    wilcox - I don't use an insole in the liner after they've been molded. I tried but the Intuition foam was so supportive that I didn't need it.

Don't have an answer re the other question

Lou just reviewed the Intuition liner and found them to be stiffer then the Garmont/Palau liner

http://www.wildsnow.com/?p=963

VIDEO _ molding Intuition liners - by Scarpa North America -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzUQQGBJus

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    VIDEO _ molding Intuition liners - by Scarpa North America -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzUQQGBJus
    excellent video.
    thanks. Time to set the oven to 420 and bake
    . . .

WOW, yoop, very impressive walk-through. Lots of good knowledge in there. That Raichle oven was a sweet score. Thanks for the help bro.

Baked a pair last night. - AT boots, so the pryopen device was not required.

I tried puttting the footbed on my foot and sock over top, but it wasn't happening that way. I have a super high instep.

Ended up having to put footbed in liner, liner in boot, then used plastic bag to slide foot into hot liner. It wasn't working any other way.

Came out fine, except that there are some major grooves/creases in the upper cuff where the AT boot tongue got pressed into the liner.

Is that normal for an AT boot intuition fitting?
    Or is that anamoly related to my freakishly high insteps?
    . . .

Had mine done 2 days ago. I figured for $50 I'd let the pros do it--Ski Tek in Ketchum--and eliminate all risk of fucking it up. Really glad I did because they told me right away I had the wrong size liner. I got the size 9 from Intuition to go in my 27.5 shell. They swapped it for a 10 which they had in their stock.

Their methods and devices were almost exactly like Yooper's. They added a little strip of mole-skin like adhesive at the sixth toe and around my big toe. They also did an alignment check at the end. The check showed one knee was "out" so they canted the left boot in and planed 1 mm I think. Anyway, went right up on the hill and skied. Cold frickin day but my toesies were toasty. Boot at first felt roomier but I think that was just more freedom in the toe box and I skied better, more precisely, from the first turn.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Yes - the foam on the liners is incredibly moldable. yoopers method is great but it requires a bit of care and attention. It can be quite easy to crease the liners and warp them if you're not careful putting them back in the boot after cooking. The Intuition blow-dry boot heaters actually makes the process pretty much idiot - proof.

Tyestick - I am surprised that hair dryers generated enough heat for the liners to get molded. Good to know

Snoboy - you're bang on. The Intuition liners were so much of a performance boost over the old liners that I found I slacked off the buckles on my boot quite a bit. I also took off and threw away all the old foam that I had put in my boot to take up space
    I was suprised to see how hot they got, but after I tested them in my temp box. I figured it was worth a shot.

I molded mine last week and I am glad I rigged up a Yooper device to open up the boot. The first one turned out perfect. The seam around the heal of the second one is shifted just a bit. They both feel fine, so I plan on skiing them before I decide to remold.

Bump for some really good info.

I'm planning on using one power wrap liner for both my Atomic T11's and my Garmont Adrenaline's. Alison at Intuition said this would work fine, but, to fit the liner into the lower volume boot.

Which one is the lower volume boot?

It seems like sometimes we're talking volume in reference to boots, sometimes in reference to liners, and sometimes in reference to feet.

Can anyone clarify?

TIA

27.0 in a 26.0?

Also, I thought I'd throw this out there.

I have a 26.0 shell size and Alison at Intuition is putting me in a 27.0 liner with the thought that there is more foam volume to fill out the nooks and crannies of the boot. She says this is standard if you fit at Intuition, and it won't effect the final fit. They will put the biggest possible liner in a shell.

I guess it makes sense, but, it seems a bit strange to me. Any experiences?

Also, she thought that it worked better to do this if you were going to use the tube heaters over an oven.

WWMD? 26.0 or 27.0 liners?

I was fit at Intuition last week and they threw a 26 liner in my 25 Solly Impacts. Worked great and I have a snug 1cm shell fit.... I'd get the 27 liners unless you have a super tight race fit....
    Martha's just polishing the brass on the Titanic....

Just FYI, EVO in seattle cooked mine for $15, I thought that was a hell of a deal.

question

I'm going to heat these suckers up with a hair dryer.

Anyway, I use ALINE footbeds, so would these be okay to put in after? They are a plastic polymer type material.

Also, to stretch the boot out, im going to use bungee cords and attach it to the wall or something. Will that be fine?
    signature for rent.

bump, and a question:
    Do intuitions "swell" when heated? My AT shells are a little big (2 finger+ behind the heel, but really big mid-foot) and I was hoping that the intuitions would make them fit better, but with uncooked intuitions in my shells I am absolutely swimming
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

hafta say this is one of the most helpful threads I've ever read
    "A quick word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to sleep with me and she said 'no', but I also failed to make the chess team because of my height, so go figure."

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens."

khakis- try getting the next size up liner. The liners do swell when heated a little, but they generally work through compression. I put an 11 power wrap in my size 28 alpine shells to take up some volume.

Quote Originally Posted by flyby View Post
    Finally, someone found a good use for markers!
    I actually pre-released in mine while molding.

Great tutorial!

Anyone got a link to an online (US/Can) store where I can order some please? Do the factory sell direct?

TIA