Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powderpig77 View Post
    Funny thing is this terrain was here LONG b4 little lonnie jong showed up.
    Very true, but that doesn't help me ski it now... 10 years ago, that would have been helpful information

That article in Skiing actually brought me back to their mag. For too long I felt like it wasn't really for skiiers, it was for people that liked to buy ski stuff and have timeshares out west that only ski groomers and then go home and finger bang the cat. Nice to see they have at least one writer with balls.

http://www.skinet.com/skinet/travel/...8575-2,00.html

In Lonnies defence, bohemia is pretty rare for the area and not too many people would have opened it. Well I suppose any of us would have if we had rich parents. And CFL blows anyhow. I wish I could buy all of the teams and run them all into the ground. Its like watching girls play. Blind girls. Anyhow, we shall see if he can keep it going. The new selling condos/cabins concept seems fuckin retarded. Those weekend warrior balding 40 somethings are exactly the people I go to Bohemia to escape from. Hmm. Oh and if you're reading this Lonnie, BUILD A FUCKING BAR and like a little hostel. You shouldn't have to drive 40min to get laid by some three tooth townie bitch.

Hey whats the deal! we dont have a TGR condition report for Mt. bohemia

I'll be around this weekend hoping for lake effect

There would be no point in having a TGR condition report. When they actually get around to updating you may as well just make up some numbers yourself because that's all they do.
    don't taze me man

Quote Originally Posted by bunny hearder View Post
    Oh and if you're reading this Lonnie, BUILD A FUCKING BAR and like a little hostel. You shouldn't have to drive 40min to get laid by some three tooth townie bitch.
    agree on all counts and stop charging people for car camping

A hostel's apparently slated for opening soon.

This past weekend was supposedly very good, talking to people who went. We may (antijinx) get dumped on this weekend too.

whats bohemia hype or real deal?

hey my friends and i are looking at hitting up Bohemia over new years
    is it worth it? how does it compare to boyne.
    ive got their brochure and i just wanted to make sure it is what they say
    also does any one know how the snow is up there ?

Quote Originally Posted by snowchase View Post
    how does it compare to boyne?
    It doesn't......and as a wise man once said, you won't know unless you go.

I just saw this thread Im up in Marquete, and plan on going to Bohemia alot this season, didn't read the whole thing though, lazy.

follow up question

so it does not compare to boyne. does that mean it is better or not as good.

can someone describe what it is like?

....Mt. Bohemia might be good in the next few days.

http://www.johndee.com/snowcover/midsnow.gif

Quote Originally Posted by stompinlines View Post

Rain rain rain. It's better further south, but the further north you go the warmer it gets. I'll be happy if we get any white stuff at all out of this system.

Quote Originally Posted by stompinlines View Post

...or it might be closed due to rain. Too bad, looks like they're back to square one.

so it does not compare to boyne. does that mean it is better or not as good.

can someone describe what it is like?
    are you f#$kin' serious? READ, JONG

should we go to bohemia this winter?

thanks for the info. saw the rain so we are not going.
    what do you mean more bad days than good days? Bohemia claims to get like tons of snow right?

we would be coming from about 10 hrs away how often is it good during the winter and by good we mean like fun does not have to be powder everyday

A great day is a powder day for us in lower michigan so our expectations are hoping for powder but if not we still want soft snow to ski on

we were looking to reschedule for maybe mlk weekend ? should we or should we not. Also we heard it is a real laid back place, real noncorporate so we were kind of into supporting a place like that kind of attitude

thanks for the info. saw the rain so we are not going.
    what do you mean more bad days than good days? Bohemia claims to get like tons of snow right?

we would be coming from about 10 hrs away how often is it good during the winter and by good we mean like fun does not have to be powder everyday

A great day is a powder day for us in lower michigan so our expectations are hoping for powder but if not we still want soft snow to ski on

we were looking to reschedule for maybe mlk weekend ? should we or should we not. Also we heard it is a real laid back place, real noncorporate so we were kind of into supporting a place like that kind of attitude
    drive the extra 7 hours and go to Colorado...better choice

Bohemia isn't the kind of place where you schedule to go weeks in advance. Basically you wait for a big storm to plow through and drive up just before or during (and hope that the storm doesn't turn out to be pouring rain). Copper Harbor (about ten miles north of Bohemia) is a cool place to stay, but I'd make sure you top off the gas before leaving Houghton and also maybe put some kind of food and beer in the cooler. Copper Harbor brings new meaning to the term "remote outpost". It's literally the end of the road.

Well, shit if that isn't a funny funny read. like a bad dream with catskiing. Not sure Boho would gimme what I'm lookin fer.

I had planned on taking the family W tomorrow, but having just about NO luck on finding a place to stay. was looking at Wolf Creek, but even there is booked solid. Found one cabin for one night one place, adn another cabin another place for one night.

Just talked to Boyne and they have alot of openings. 3-400/night right now for a family of 4 including skiing and breakfast.

Damn. Roll the dice and head to crowded CO/NM? Or take it easy in MI?

I'm confusulated.

will bohemia be open by mid jan

does anyone know what the chances are bohemia will be open by mid january

also can i trust their snow report. they went from saying they had good conditions to being closed

im debating whether this is worth the drive and most importantly if there looks like whether there will be snow?

No, you can't really trust their snow reports, that has been stated previously.
    if you are close, like within an hour or so, I would just go and find out. If not, well, toss the dice.
    Mt. Bohemia is just far enough from me that I could spend a few hours on a plane and be anywhere better for just about the same $$. The drive is the real killer, about 11 hours for me, on average. I have made that trip about a dozen times, and after all this time I learned that unless you have family/girlfriend there, bugger it and go west/east.
    JH has a hostel that's about $60 a night IIRC, and plane tix there are reasonable, less than $400 RT.

does anyone know what the chances are bohemia will be open by mid january

also can i trust their snow report. they went from saying they had good conditions to being closed

im debating whether this is worth the drive and most importantly if there looks like whether there will be snow?
    Unless something wierd happens, they should open back up by the first week in Jan. Then again, something wierd happened last weekend - they got deluged by rain, so who knows?

They did have good conditions two weeks ago when they first opened, but then the floods came. Bohemia is good if you are able to chase storms, otherwise you're probably better off just going to CO or UT. Bohemia can be great right after a big storm, but otherwise it kinda sucks unless you like rocks and moguls. Their snow report is about as accurate as any other place, it's just that last weekend's flood really put a monkeywrench in the whole thing. Who knows what it'll be like in two or three weeks? You might not even be able to get up there due to blizzard conditions or it may be completely devoid of any snow whatsoever.

Well, it's on again. Today was the hardest I've seen it snow in the midwest for about 20 years. Unreal. Supposed to rain this weekend, but I'll be in UT for the next month+ so I don't care. But today was great. Tomorrow will be too.

heading to bohemia

hey im finally heading up to bohemia. anybody know a cheap place to crash?anybody got any passes they want to sell. Looking to be there for a few days with a couple of buddies. need cheap lift tickets or how to get them. Any lifties reading this ? i will be your best friend for a hookup!

hey im finally heading up to bohemia. anybody know a cheap place to crash?anybody got any passes they want to sell. Looking to be there for a few days with a couple of buddies. need cheap lift tickets or how to get them. Any lifties reading this ? i will be your best friend for a hookup!
    Sounds like you're gonna hit it jusy right! If you are there today, you might see Glen Plake.
    The coefficent of desireability is inversly proportionate to the degree of availability.