Study: Fellatio may significantly decrease the risk of breast cancer in women

Thursday, October 2, 2003 Posted: 9:19 AM EDT (1319 GMT)

(AP) -- Women who perform the act of fellatio on a regular basis, one to two times a week, may reduce their risk of breast cancer by up to 40 percent, a North Carolina State University study found.

Doctors had never suspected a link between the act of fellatio and breast cancer, but new research being performed at North Carolina State University is starting to suggest that there could be an important link between the two.

In a study of over 15,000 women suspected of having performed regular fellatio over the past ten years, the researchers found that those actually having performed the act regularly, one to two times a week, had a lower occurance of breast cancer than those who had not. There was no increased risk, however, for those who did not regularly perform.

"I think it removes the last shade of doubt that fellatio is actually a healthy act," said Dr. B.J. Sooner of Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, who was not involved in the research. "I am surprised by these findings, but am also excited that the researchers may have discovered a relatively easy way to lower the occurance of breast cancer in women."

The University researchers stressed that, though breast cancer is relatively uncommon, any steps taken to reduce the risk would be a wise decision.

"Only with regular performance will your chances be reduced, so I encourage all women out there to make fellatio an important part of their daily routine," said Dr. Inserta Shafteer, one of the researchers at the University. "Since the emergence of the research, I try to fellate at least once every other night to reduce my chances."

The study is reported in Friday's Journal of Medical Research.

In 1991, 43,582 women died of breast cancer, as reported by the National Cancer Institute.

Dr. Len Lictepeen, deputy chief medical officer for the American Cancer Society, said women should not overlook or "play down" these findings.

"This will hopefully change women's practice and patterns, resulting in a severe drop in the future number of cases," Lictepeen said.

Sooner said the research shows no increase in the risk of breast cancer in those who are, for whatever reason, not able to fellate regularly.

"There's definitely fertile ground for more research. Many have stepped forward to volunteer for related research now in the planning stages," he said.

Almost every woman is, at some point, going to perform the act of fellatio, but it is the frequency at which this event occurs that makes the difference, say researchers.

The reasearch consisted of two groups, 6,246 women ages 25 to 45 who had performed fellatio on a regular basis over the past five to ten years, and 9,728 women who had not. The group of women who had performed fellatio had a breast cancer rate of 1.9 percent and the group who had not had a breast cancer rate of 10.4 percent.

"The findings do suggest that there are other causes for breast cancer besides the absence of regular fellatio," Shafteer said. "It's a cause, not THE cause."

CNN Story.

two drops...

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Shiiiiiiit. All these years I've been preachin' that rhetoric and it turns out to be true....go figure.

hahahahahahah...That's great...Now all we gotta do is get it pubished in USA Today

So, do they have to swallow?

rerun

Cool

I think it should be obvious to anyone that swallowing is a necessary part of the action inorder to recieve the full cancer-fighting benefits of fellatio.

However, I have also heard from a reliable source in the medical field (The talented and knowledgable Dr. Mariah Goodhead) that a squirt or two directly on the breasts can have equally beneficial effects, as well as briefly increaseing the luster and sheen of the breasts
    "Do you know what PBR stands for? Delicious."

Originally posted by JR
    rerun
    Yeah...but still amusing.

Originally posted by SkiDawg93546
    I have also heard from a reliable source in the medical field... that a squirt or two directly on the breasts can have equally beneficial effects...
    For it is better that a man cast his seed upon the breast of a harlot than on the brest of a chicken

Your take on swallowing is actually kind of interesting because if fellacio confered resistance to tumorogenesis, it would far more likely come (no pun) as the result of performing the act itself as opposed to aquiring some anti-cancer compound from seminal fluid. Acts that elicit an emotional response can have profound effects on things like immunity by acting on discrete regions of the brain. As an example, links between real or perceived pain and metabolic rate have been know for a long time.

Damn, I should have stayed in science!
    Last edited by Viva; 10-09-2003 at 08:37 AM.

Well, didn't you know...regularly receiving oral pleasure completely eliminates the risk of PMS in 99.9994% of women.
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Originally posted by snowsprite
    Well, didn't you know...regularly receiving oral pleasure completely eliminates the risk of PMS in 99.9994% of women.
    From another woman?

Hey, whatever works for ya...that's not my cup of tea!
    Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

...that's not my cup of tea!
    Don't you mean, piece of pie?

Touché!

Wink

While that may be true Sprite, most wise explorers don't hike towards the rim of a volcano that could blow at any time.

Originally posted by Aldo
    While that may be true Sprite, most wise explorers don't hike towards the rim of a volcano that could blow at any time.
    Sounds like a reciprocating act of sexually satisfying mutual benefit to me.

Anyone wanna start a PMS Therapy clinic?
    Signature removed for non-payment

Ohh crap!

Originally posted by Aldo
    So now I'm trying to explain why I'm laughing my ass off at work without actually explaining WHY I am laughing my ass off at work.

Originally posted by JR
    rerun

hey, dumbass, we dont have a history anymore so technically there are no reruns

I'm tempted to forward this to the chick who fellated me last week.
    WWMD?