Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Last edited by SponsoredByDuctTape; 05-09-2006 at 06:28 PM.

More Rad Snow Action from players in this thread, fresh from the camera.

gincognito harvests afternoon corn on Viva:

Tarkman claims he's torn his MCL, is missing his PCL, and is wearing a brace. Personally I don't buy it...he's coming out of Philippe's.

A pack of flying Squirrel99s chase each other down Werner's.

No lift? No problem.

A beautiful line...but is it GNAR enough? A debate ensued.

666 achieves significant angulation!

And skis a line so rad it required him to activate his tri-locational abilities!

from the PNW perspective

we left behind this...

for this???

nonetheless, Girlski & Monique are excited to shake their booties for the Reno faithful

never fear, Colonel McGnar will take us to the snow

after he deputizes his kr3w

PNW like Chair 23. Mmmm.... 23.

Tyrone demonstrates to class how to take a walk in the park

Tarkman on Point!

Mrs. 666 warming up

Girlski heard there were plenty of jibber kids in town- she charges after them

Mrs. 666 showing off the Mr. 666 steeze!!!

The Great Alaskan Espresso Team, reunited in Mammoth

Kellie “I don’t make the rules. But the rules that tell you what to do”
    Str8ghtlining the gut of Werners!

Ladies First….

Girlski takes the bait, but can the B3’s fit?

No problemo!

And for dinner, we’ll be having….

A Girlski & Monique special… Meat Pizza Slurpee!

Arty50 reminder

Skier666 channeling demons to destroy the Coke Machine

For a VIDEO to see the supreme powers of his Royal Darkness, click here:

Who’d like to taste my chocolate salty BALLS?

Skier666 checking options

The Devil skier considers dropping in switch

But instead asks BALLS, “Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?”

Chef’s salty BALLS were not tasty enough so 666 charts an exit

Close up view:

Arty50 “might as well say Jump! Jump! Jump!"

Tyrone gets a chill after chugging a Volkl-sized Slurpee

This weird UFO thingy got people acting weird

Splat, no stranger to weird…checks out, er… I mean on… Girlski’s bindings

CS still awake after a 10 hour drive
    Last edited by Squirrel99; 05-10-2006 at 01:00 AM.

cont'd...

Tyrone got excited over the BuMpMAnIa that is Chair 3

Squirrel looking for one last flight at Mammoth

Would you trust THIS GUY with your car?

Girlski “why am I doing this again?” Squirrel- “I’m not really sure either, but it seemed like a good idea?”

Happiness is…The Mobil Mart

Mono Lake provides the backdrop as the PnWerS & TaHOesErs skip town

2 PM on Sunday and I just couldn't make myself leave without taking revenge on Kiwi Flats. The entrance was, um, interesting. Here's where I put my skis on:

A fitting close to a great weekend. Thanks, M, for waiting while I bagged it.

that seems like a terrible place to be on spatulas
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey
    that seems like a terrible place to be on spatulas
    not necessarily...Spatulas are at home in tight narrow chutes...even in non-powder conditions. The reverse sidecut gives you edgehold right where you need it in a situation like this, directly underfoot, and the reverse camber makes it really easy to sideslep by offering virtually no possibility of tip/tail hangup when it gets really narrow. Jump turns are super easy on them and in a situation like that, you're sideslipping and skidding more than traditionally carving which the spats obviously excel at.

Nice pics squirrel & spats!
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Slight hijack here - how did you like the 179 compared to the 188 Bros in those conditions Ty?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Slight hijack here - how did you like the 179 compared to the 188 Bros in those conditions Ty?
    Good question -- On Saturday I skied my 188 stiffs and on Sunday I skied my 179's. And for the spring conditions that we had on each of these days, I actually preferred the 179's. With all the bumps, tight spots, more bumps, groomer railing, goating, and corn / slush maneuvering that was going on I was definitely a happier camper on Sunday on the 179's. If conditions were more winter-like...I would have no question preferred the 188's because in those conditions I would have been opening up the throttle a bit more, straightlining things more, hucking stuff, etc. etc. But the spring conditions warranted more control & slower speeds and for me, the 179 was better. I'll probably take the 179 with me when I head up to Alpine Meadows this weekend for more spring conditions. Hope that helps & makes sense....veeeery late.....
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

I have no pics, so posting in the Mammoth Mini Pics thread seems silly.

But I do have a story.

It doesn't warrant it's own thread, so here it is.

It starts with a 2:45 am drive to Burlington Airport. Rolling across the border the man on duty seems unfazed by my ski bag and L.A. destination. Smooth. Two terminals and a cab ride later, I spot the lovely yogachick loading up the vehicule that will take us to the party. But first, a quick jaunt through Santa Monica: a place of which she is justifiably proud. A couple hot dogs on a stick, a walk through the sand, and a shallow wade in the Pacific has me feeling like quite the tourist. But it's all good.

Gonehuckin' joins the crew and we pull out of L.A. sometime before three. I score the backseat and spend time drifting in and out of consciousness as my travel day and the sleepness nights before it start to catch up. Nevertheless, the mountains and dry valleys that come into view do not fail to impress.

Five hours or so later, we pull into the parking lot at Robertos. And what is the first thing we see? An old cop car stickered up, with crossed skis bolted to the hood and six sets of Bros on the roof. All signs point to Splat.

From here on in the whirlwind is in full effect. Like snow snakes blowing across a highway, maggots meet up, do a little dance, and separate as their own wind moves them.

It is futile do go through the day by day and pick out the highs (too many) and lows (were there any?). Names come and go, but Bodhi and Joeybagofdonuts deserve some props for the guiding and the entertainment. No lack of smiles and no lack of soft snow when you roll with those two. Yogachick as well is to be thanked for all the obvious reasons, as is Splat for the condo organization and the keys to the Powder/Bro Mobile. I've never felt so pimp as I did while driving that thing...

It's funny how folks you've met just once and haven't seen in over a year can be the source of such good times. Surprise of the weekend came when Kellie walked into our condo and announced her presence (a close second on the suprise-o-meter was when she claimed to be tired towards the end of Saturday's skiing day. Kellie? Tired? She must be joking. Apparently she was as my feeble body tried to follow her three non-stop runs after her proclamation of being "tired.")

Maggot faces are always fun to recognize. Always serve to remind that these words are not just disappearing into the void. I now know that Twins never stops smiling (even when he can't walk: heal up!) and that erica z has a high level of shit disturbance in her. I know that girlski more than lives up to her handle and brklyntrcy is quite possible the best skier to hail from Brooklyn. I also confirmed that, yes, skier666 is always in the air and Tyrone Shoelaces is a sickeningly smooth skier (though I was quite pleased to see him explode in the same area that I suffered from back seat shenanigans).

In any case, this could go on and on and I'd still forget too many things. The bottom line is that when I left the hill at 1:30 on Sunday afternoon after thoroughly draining every drop of energy from my weary legs, it was with a huge smile on my face. Dropping into the Noids will stick with me as one of the most fun spring runs I've done. Standing on Top of the World watching Kellie and Girlski make their way down a chute I would never have thought to touch will continue to inspire me.

Thoughts like those kept me awake for the drive back to L.A. with Viva (thanks!) and they spun through my head throughout the two flights and three hour layover that got me back to Montreal ~16 hours later.

If the season has to end, this was a hell of a way to do it. Thanks to all.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and occasionally suffers from the verbal diaheria),
    d.
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

glad to see the east coast was represented
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Solid effort Gin. That is a long trip but it sounds worth it.
    He who has the most fun wins!

great shots everybody! thats an awesome camera that ya got there CS!

it will go down as one of my most entertaining weekends on the hill!

Thanks for posting these! Mad karma to you.
    When in doubt, point it out.

Looks more like bukkake to me!
    When in doubt, point it out.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Nice pics of fun times!
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Telefunken

Looks more like bukkake to me!
    I was thinking more in line with the phrase,"SHIT HAPPENS"

Great pics and insane steep stuff. Have to ski there next season.