PDA

View Full Version : AIRSTRIKE KILLS AL-ZARQAWI

CUBUCK
06-08-2006, 05:55 AM
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the coalition's most wanted man in Iraq, was killed in an airstrike near Baquba, jubilant U.S. and Iraqi authorities announced Thursday.

Al-Zarqawi's death gives Iraq a chance to "turn the tide" in the fight against the nation's insurgency, President Bush said at the White House.

"The ideology of terror has lost one of its most visible and aggressive leaders," Bush said. "Zarqawi's death is a severe blow to al Qaeda."

"Special Operations forces, acting on tips and intelligence from Iraqis, confirmed Zarqawi's location and delivered justice to the most wanted terrorist in Iraq," Bush said.

Earlier, U.S. and Iraqi officials first announced the attack at a news conference in Iraq.

The 3-year-old insurgency has "lost its leader," said U.S. Gen. George Casey, the highest-ranking U.S. commander in Iraq. Casey was joined during the announcement by U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Zalmay Khalilzad and Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki. (Watch the celebration following the announcement -- 4:31)

Although details of the attack remain elusive, sources at the Pentagon said that a U.S. military aircraft dropped two 500-pound precision guided bombs on a safe house where al-Zarqawi was located.

A Web site used by Al Qaeda in Iraq confirmed al-Zarqawi's death and urged its followers to continue the insurgent fight.

Another Web site used by the group issued a statement: "People of Islam, God will not let our enemies celebrate and spread corruption in the ground. Expect the right that was stolen to come back to us and destroy the Crusaders" -- an apparent reference to U.S. troops in Iraq.

CNN could not independently verify the authenticity of the Web messages.

Al-Zarqawi was the self-proclaimed leader of one of the nation's many insurgent factions -- al Qaeda in Iraq --who pledged allegiance to Osama bin Laden.

He had a $25 million bounty on his head, led foreign and Iraqi fighters in a series of dramatic and high-profile attacks against U.S. and Western targets and he was seen as leader of one of the factions in Iraq that fomented sectarian strife between the Sunni and Shiite communities.

His killing is a major coup for the embattled coalition forces.

"Today is a good day," U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Khalilzad told a said at the news conference. "Zarqawi has been killed."

Khalilzad called al-Zarqawi "the godfather of sectarian killing and terror in Iraq" -- and said the death "marks a great success for Iraq and the global war on terror." (Watch how al-Zarqawi's body was identified -- 2:28)

"His organization has been responsible for the deaths of thousands of civilians in Iraq and abroad."

The 39-year-old Jordanian-born al-Zarqawi was accused of terrorist links before the Iraq war and soon led the insurgency after the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime. (Watch how al-Zarqawi murdered his way to the most-wanted list -- 2:50)

Multiple attempts have been made to capture or kill him and he was held briefly by Iraqi security forces in 2004 but was released because no one knew who he was.

In London, British Prime Minister Tony Blair called al-Zarqawi's death "a very important moment in Iraq. A blow for al Qaeda in Iraq is a blow for al Qaeda everywhere."

Insider tips
Casey said al-Zarqawi and a key lieutenant, spiritual adviser Sheik Abd-Al-Rahman, were at an isolated safe house outside Baquba at 6:15 p.m. (10:15 a.m. ET) on Wednesday.

"Tips and intelligence from Iraqi senior leaders from his network led forces to al-Zarqawi and some of his associates who were conducting a meeting approximately eight kilometers north of Baquba when the airstrike was launched," he said.

Baquba is a volatile area northeast of Baghdad in Diyala province, a mixed Shiite-Sunni jurisdiction. There have been many roadside bombings and shootings throughout the province and within the week, severed heads were found in fruit boxes there.

"Iraqi police were first on the scene after the air strike, and elements of Multi-National Division North, arrived shortly thereafter," Casey said. "We have been able to identify al-Zarqawi by fingerprint verification, facial recognition and known scars."

In addition to Zarqawi and the spiritual adviser, seven others died in the attack.

Casey wouldn't provide many details about the action but said that "all of these operations are the result of a long, painstaking process where tips and intelligence are received, processed and checked out."

This particular operation had been in the works for a couple of weeks, leading to the location of the house in a wooded area and the meeting, he said.

Al-Maliki indicated that the strike on al-Zarqawi was the "result of cooperation" with ordinary Iraqis, saying that authorities many times have asked the citizenry to provide information.

"This is a message to all those who take violence as a path."

Khalilzad said the demise of al-Zarqawi won't end the violence in Iraq, but it is "an important step in the right direction."

Cono Este
06-08-2006, 06:01 AM
I hope the 72 virgins are beat.

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 06:03 AM
does he even get those virgins? since he didn't blow himself up...

mrryde
06-08-2006, 06:12 AM
does he even get those virgins? since he didn't blow himself up...

yeah, he does

but they are fat ones that look like his mom

P_McPoser
06-08-2006, 06:47 AM
w00t! BEST DAY EVER. I hope he gets raped by 72 bubbas instead.

Tippster
06-08-2006, 06:52 AM
"Mission Accomplished" part deux. It'll all be wine and roses now... :rolleyes:

Best day ever, puhlease. I give it 3 days and we'll hear of the next guy - remember, his BOSS is still alive.

tex1230
06-08-2006, 06:57 AM
hell yeah...I hope they killed him with pork fat coated bombs.

Rontele
06-08-2006, 07:21 AM
"Mission Accomplished" part deux. It'll all be wine and roses now... :rolleyes:

Best day ever, puhlease. I give it 3 days and we'll hear of the next guy - remember, his BOSS is still alive.

While there is most definitely an element of truth in this statement, it is a significant event, nonetheless.

Unfortunately, I do not have much faith in the administration's ability to use this victory to bring up the morale of the Iraqi people and spin this event as something positive in this war.

I think there was a rift in Al Qaeda and I wouldn't be so apt to call bin laden Zarqawi's "boss." I think the two had different ideological philosophies regarding the waging of jihad on the west.

However you feel about the war, Bush, etc., it is not a bad day when an animal, a man who personally beheaded many Americans and led a war aimed at people of his own faith, is taken down.

glademaster
06-08-2006, 07:31 AM
It doesn't mean a damn thing in the scheme of the Iraqi (or non-Iraqi but Iraq-based insurgency). Every single suicide bomb/IED was not strategically thought out and orchestrated by Zarqawi, he was simply a figurehead in a movement that has become damn near impossible to beat because of its last of definitive leadership and organization. If anything, this will cause even more attacks against Americans in the country.

"We will be greeted as liberators..."

Bandogge
06-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Al Zarqawi dead = new martyr.

Just the opinion of a likely ignorant layman, but I do not see this as doing anything other than solidifying insurgent resolve.

With everything going on over there... The release that multiple innocent Iraqi citizens were killed as retribution by US forces... A story, that I have no educated opinion on, but a story that is being investigated and verified...

The death of one of the insurgency capitals will not make the tasking of further offenses any less inviting to those whom are attracted to such.

Tippster
06-08-2006, 07:34 AM
No doubt - it's always good to have one less asshole, but this doesn't do shit to end the sectarian violence. Even the Pentagon admits this.

The Jordanian-born terror leader was behind many high profile attacks and beheadings, Clarke said, but was not involved in most of the roadside bombings that have made Iraq so dangerous for coalition troops.

"Al Qaeda in Iraq was probably the smallest of the 14 major insurgent groups," Clark said. http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/IraqCoverage/story?id=2052737&page=1

Cono Este
06-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Al Zarqawi dead = new martyr.

Just the opinion of a likely ignorant layman, but I do not see this as doing anything other than solidifying insurgent resolve.

With everything going on over there... The release that multiple innocent Iraqi citizens were killed as retribution by US forces... A story, that I have no educated opinion on, but a story that is being investigated and verified...

The death of one of the insurgency capitals will not make the tasking of further offenses any less inviting to those whom are attracted to such.

Absolutely, we should not have killed him. What a mistake.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mofro261
06-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Unfortunately, I do not have much faith in the administration's ability to use this victory to bring up the morale of the Iraqi people and spin this event as something positive in this war.

But I have extreme faith in this administrations ability to spin this as a "victory" for the midterm elections.

Bandogge
06-08-2006, 07:44 AM
look, that not what I'm saying...

I will actually go as far as to say that Zarqawi most likely deserved his death, something I have a VERY hard time coming to terms with...

However, what I am saying is that his death will NOT have a negative impact on the insurgency, IMO. In fact, I would wager the power vaccuum he left will most likely be the critical point for further insurgency actions and unification.

But again, it's all just personal opinion, and with the filtered reports we get, the facts we are missing... I humour anybody whom thinks they trully understand the entirety of the situation from the comfort of their Western abode.

Rontele
06-08-2006, 07:50 AM
But I have extreme faith in this administrations ability to spin this as a "victory" for the midterm elections.

Very true and...

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/WORLD/meast/06/08/iraq.al.zarqawi/newt1.azface.pool.jpg

PW3NED

DaveTV
06-08-2006, 07:51 AM
I will actually go as far as to say that Zarqawi most likely deserved his death, something I have a VERY hard time coming to terms with...
Are you OK..?? http://www.msprotege.com:8080/smilies/screwy.gif

http://citizenx.org/wp-content/zarqawi.jpg

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 07:54 AM
This will give Bush, at best, a temporary bump in the polls, it wont last to long however, as Zarqawi was already being shown out the door.

Cono Este
06-08-2006, 07:54 AM
look, that not what I'm saying...

However, what I am saying is that his death will NOT have a negative impact on the insurgency, IMO. In fact, I would wager the power vaccuum he left will most likely be the critical point for further insurgency actions and unification.

But again, it's all just personal opinion, and with the filtered reports we get, the facts we are missing... I humour anybody whom thinks they trully understand the entirety of the situation from the comfort of their Western abode.

Absolutely they will spin it their way. What politician would not?

I look at this as a personal victory for the troops over there. Could killing that scummbag make it any worse for them? Can it get any worse?

Lets not forget that it is their job to kill scumbags like that, and he was at the top of the list. I wont take anything away from them, even if Bush does misuse this to his advantage.

Cono Este
06-08-2006, 08:01 AM
When Bush starts wearing this like a hat, and he will, then we can pick him and his policy apart. For now, lets just be glad that fucker got what was comming to him.

Woodsy
06-08-2006, 08:03 AM
I celebrate that an evil murderous scumbag is dead, and died at the hands of those he sought to harm.
This does not change the fact that our Emperor Wears No Clothes in his war on terror or his boondoggle in Iraq.

gregb2212
06-08-2006, 08:05 AM
One of the top sand niggers down, great news! fuck that scum bag

Rontele
06-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Nobody, but Zarqawi, had more innocent blood on his hands

Except George Bush. This will ultimately be viewed as a victory for the neo-con policy of fighting the terrorists over there versus here. But unfortunately, in the end, we must as a society balance the fact that 10,000s of innocent people have died so that we could catch this single scumbag.

That being said, i am very pleased and most of all this is a victory for our troops who are FIGHTING THEIR FUCKING ASSES off. Let them celebrate this and lets hope to temper expectations in lieu of this.

And you better believe that UBL is pleased that this animal is dead. He was giving jihadism a bad name.

Rontele
06-08-2006, 08:07 AM
sand niggers down

Great world outlook. Douche.

Bandogge
06-08-2006, 08:10 AM
[QUOTE=Cono Este] Could killing that scummbag make it any worse for them? Can it get any worse?[QUOTE]

That in fact, is my main concern... and yes, I would wager it could get a whole hell of a lot worse... Uniting all curent insuregency groups together could theoretically make them a much stroger entity, in terms of shared inteligence, shared materials...

JMO.

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 08:10 AM
as nbc news (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4431601/) reported back in 2004, U.S. military planners drew up plans to take out Zarqawi three times in 2002 and 2003, but the Bush administration killed the plans each time. Why? Because, military officials told NBC, the Bush administration feared that destroying Zarqawi's terrorist camp in Iraq "could undercut its case for war against Saddam."

Cono Este
06-08-2006, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE=Cono Este] Could killing that scummbag make it any worse for them? Can it get any worse?[QUOTE]

That in fact, is my main concern... and yes, I would wager it could get a whole hell of a lot worse... Uniting all curent insuregency groups together could theoretically make them a much stroger entity, in terms of shared inteligence, shared materials...

JMO.

yes, this is all very possible, but I am sure the crew at camp Fallajuh is cracking beers right now, why not crack one for them?

Search function will yield all kinds of rational critism of this war policy.

DaveTV
06-08-2006, 08:23 AM

http://emd.wa.gov/5-prog/prog-images/duck-cvr.jpg

RootSkier
06-08-2006, 08:25 AM
They probably made it up anyways. :rolleyes:

Bandogge
06-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Your point is well taken Sir.

Long term ramifications aside, I suppose one should be glad that another murderous fanatic has been dirt napped.

If nothing else, HE will no longer be able to actively kill and maim, nor encourage such.

gregb2212
06-08-2006, 08:30 AM
thanks rontele you fag, if you feel bad for me calling him that then go over to iraq and join militia with the rest of the sand niggers that are trying to kill us.

glademaster
06-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Gregb is quickly distancing himself from the pack that is competing for the "most insensitive douchebag on the board" award.

Rontele
06-08-2006, 08:38 AM
This message is hidden because gregb2212 is on your ignore list.

jong.

flatlander#2
06-08-2006, 08:42 AM
So there is a very wealthy informant kicking it on a beach somewhere today. Swaggering around with a bottle of booze saying you not promote me, boom asshole, then laughing maniacally. $25 million in tax free American? I'm pretty sure I'd give anyone up for that loot.

RootSkier
06-08-2006, 08:45 AM
gregb: Yeah, the Iraqis did it! Saddam is responsible for 9/11! Kill em all!

You stupid fucking fucktard.

Cono Este
06-08-2006, 08:53 AM
So there is a very wealthy informant kicking it on a beach somewhere today. Swaggering around with a bottle of booze saying you not promote me, boom asshole, then laughing maniacally. $25 million in tax free American? I'm pretty sure I'd give anyone up for that loot.

I remeber that informant who gave up that Doritos looking cfo terrorist, he wanted a UK passport too. He probably went straight for euro disney with the kids.

Mofro261
06-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by Bandogge

Are you OK..?? http://www.msprotege.com:8080/smilies/screwy.gif

Nice mis-quote DaveTV.

seatosky
06-08-2006, 09:07 AM
I heard they flattened 5 houses to get this guy.... wonder how many kids were killed.

RootSkier
06-08-2006, 09:09 AM
don't worry, they will thank us later. :rolleyes:

CUBUCK
06-08-2006, 09:17 AM
I heard they flattened 5 houses to get this guy.... wonder how many kids were killed.

What was the alternative?

CantDog
06-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Personally I'm dissapointed. An airstrike is the least interesting way to go. I was really hoping there would be some Indiana Jones shit going on, and Zarqawi would get eaten by poisonous snakes, or possibly melt when the ark was opened. I would have even settled for him drinking from the wrong goblet and rapidly aging and turning to dust. These would of all been better photo ops for the US than a silly airstrike.

Dexter Rutecki
06-08-2006, 09:20 AM
This means we won, right?
I'm headed over to Times Sq. right now for the victory celebration.

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 09:21 AM
I think being eated by a thousand rabid gerbils on live TV would have been interesting.

I mean couldn't they have gone into the house, caught him alive, and done something a little more creative with him? I mean charlie sheen did crazy shit like that all the time in "Navy Seals"

alto
06-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Celebrating death. War forever!

CantDog
06-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Maybe we could of pulled his fingernails off, that always makes for exciting television.

Dex, make sure that if you make out with any nurses in times square, there aren't any cameras around. I think your S.O. would be pissed.

Jumper Bones
06-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Cases of beer to the F-16 buys at Balad. 2 500lb JDAMs.

Would the bleeding vaginas please stop - you guys didn't miss a beat. The world, and Iraq, is safer with this guy dead. Yeah I know it doesn't change much on how all this started. But this goes to show that taking your fight to Iraqi civilians, in addition to the Americans, isn't a way to make friends. Most likely an informant sold him out, we rapidly re-directed in some on-call fighters, and took him out really quick like.

PNWbrit
06-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Michael Berg, father of American businessman Nicholas Berg, whom is it believed al-Zarqawi beheaded in May 2004
"I'm sorry whenever any human being dies. Zarqawi is a human being. He has a family who are reacting just as my family reacted when Nick was killed and I feel badly for that.

"I feel doubly badly, though, because Zarqawi is also a political figure and his death will re-ignite yet another wave of revenge and revenge is something that I do not follow, that I do not ask for, that I do not wish for against anybody. It's an endless cycle. As long as people use violence to combat violence we will always have violence."

http://tetongravity.com/forums/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=6559

Dexter Rutecki
06-08-2006, 09:30 AM
The celebration was pretty cool, not sure why it was in black and white, though:

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/ww2-pix/vj.jpg

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 09:30 AM
How zarqawi was nailed:

How They Got Zarqawi
A tip from Jordanian intelligence played a key role in the air strike that ended the life of Iraq's terrorist leader
By TONY KARON

In the end, the savagery of Musab al-Zarqawi may have earned him too many enemies. The terrorist responsible for some of the most gruesome killings in Iraq was killed in a joint U.S.-Iraqi military operation Wednesday, after the U.S. and its allies had finally located him. A well-placed intelligence source in Jordan told TIME that the CIA was tipped off after Jordanian intelligence learned of a meeting that Zarqawi planned to hold in the town of Baquba, north of Baghdad. His safe house was targeted in an air attack, and, says the same source, the Jordanian-born leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq was killed in the bombing. A senior Jordanian official confirmed that "there was a Jordanian security role in this." The official said he believed the breakthrough was a result of "cumulative intelligence," including from the recent arrest last month of a senior operative in the group Al-Qaeda in Iraq. U.S. officials have said fingerprint and photographic evidence confirm Zarqawi's identity. Jihadi Web sites are also reported to have announced his death.

The takedown was largely a military effort. But a U.S. official told TIME that American intelligence operatives played a key role in figuring out that Sheik Abd-al-Rahman, Zarqawi's spiritual adviser, was a key link who could lead to Zarqawi himself. "Intelligence was useful in identifying this individual and his importance to Zarqawi…. It's as though you had identified Frank Nitti with the knowledge that eventually he would lead you to Al Capone," the U.S. official said. "This was the culmination of a huge amount of effort."

The ability of the U.S. and its allies to isolate and eliminate Zarqawi may be a reflection of the Qaeda leader's growing isolation within Iraq. Six weeks ago, Zarqawi released an unprecedented video showing himself walking around Iraq, unmasked and in daylight, firing weapons and boasting of his continued primacy in the fight against the U.S. But that video itself may have been a response to growing rumors that the 38-year-old Jordanian was being marginalized within the insurgency out of concern by other leaders that his televised beheadings of helpless hostages was alienating even many Iraqis sympathetic to the insurgency, and that his strategy of mass-murder of Shi'ites in the hope of provoking a civil war was a road to disaster. Even other leaders of al-Qaeda had publicly questioned some of these tactics, while some of the more nationalist leaders of the insurgency who had been quietly negotiating with the U.S. and Iraqi government had made no secret of their animosity toward Zarqawi and the al-Qaeda agenda. The announcement, just a day before Zarqawi's death, that the new Iraqi government would release some 2,500 Sunnis imprisoned for assisting the insurgency, suggests that rapprochement between the government and the Sunni nationalist element of the insurgency may be accelerating, which was bad news for Zarqawi.

The fact that intelligence agencies were suddenly able to pinpoint the location of a man who had eluded capture for three years, during which his terror operations left thousands of Iraqis dead, suggests that some of those close enough to know Zarqawi's whereabouts may have been ready to shop him to his enemies. Not necessarily, of course: The intel services could have simply gotten lucky, or Zarqawi could have made a mistake. Either way, a key agent in the chaos gripping Iraq has now been taken out of the equation. “It is wonderful," said the Jordanian official. "Another window of hope that things hopefully, Inshallah, will be on track."

RootSkier
06-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Killing people to show people that killing people is wrong. SO HOT RIGHT NOW. ;)

CantDog
06-08-2006, 09:32 AM
took him out really quick like.

Thats the problem, Americans want suffering!

truth
06-08-2006, 09:37 AM
thanks rontele you fag, if you feel bad for me calling him that then go over to iraq and join militia with the rest of the sand niggers that are trying to kill us.

Racism -----> So not hot right now.

TeleHoar
06-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Today at the Al-Qaeda Corporate Towers:

"Mr Abu Abdel-Rahman al-Iraqi, here is your new office as Emir of Al-Qaeda, your keys to the executive terrorist bathroom, Your new business cards have been ordered, you may want to change your voice mail message. Congratulations on your promotion and may you die a glorious martyr's death like your predecessor Mr. Zarqawi..."

CUBUCK
06-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Killing people to show people that killing people is wrong. SO HOT RIGHT NOW. ;)

We probably should have kept that hitler guy around as well.

The world is better off without some people, this was one of those people.

JMan
06-08-2006, 09:42 AM
so hot = so fucking old

CantDog
06-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Your right we probably should have let hitler stay in power too right?

Psh, we all know the Holocaust was just a story made up by the liberal media.

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Your right we probably should have let hitler stay in power too right?

Well, unfortunately, we didn't get to kill him. It would have been great to have him stand trial, but hanging would have been too kind.

iceman
06-08-2006, 09:51 AM
I just wonder how they found enough of him to identify him after dropping 1000 pounds of high explosives on a single house.

CantDog
06-08-2006, 09:54 AM
I just wonder how they found enough of him to identify him after dropping 1000 pounds of high explosives on a single house.

Sandpeople build strong houses I guess.

We should hire them to rebuild the levies in New Orleans!

Stu Gotz
06-08-2006, 10:12 AM
I would have though the markets would rally on the news. Guess not.

06-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Would you look at that? An important victory for Iraqis, and we have our very own spin-doctors spinning it on TGR. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that douche is dead, although I have my doubts that it was actually an air strike that got him. Either way, that's one less douchebag killing Iraqis and Americans in the Middle East.

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 10:14 AM
I would have though the markets would rally on the news. Guess not.

Probably cause the war is no longer one of providing security for the Iraqis, but one of civil conflict. To be honest, I'm thrilled that this guy is dead, but if we had killed him about two years ago, it would have helped the war effort. Now? it's inconsequential since the war has moved past Zarqawi.

Al K. Duh
06-08-2006, 10:15 AM
So much for the whole 'Allah is on our side' thing. WTF?

Infidel dogs.

mr_gyptian
06-08-2006, 10:32 AM

apparently we couldn't lob some IED's into the home to only mangle.

good riddance to that fuck.

truth
06-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Video of the bombing.

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/world/2006/06/08/vo.zarqawi.bomb.dod

seatosky
06-08-2006, 10:47 AM
What was the alternative?

Saddam would have sent a couple goons in with piano wire and hung him from the tree outside his house.

Cono Este
06-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Saddam would have sent a couple goons in with piano wire and hung him from the tree outside his house.

Then why did'nt he?

"Zarqawi supposedly traveled to Iraq to have his wounded leg treated at a hospital run by Uday Hussein. In the summer of 2002, Zarqawi was reported to have settled in northern Iraq, where he joined the Islamist Ansar al-Islam group that fought against Kurdish-nationalist forces in the region.[8]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Musab_al-Zarqawi

Stick to the truth Seatosky, there is plenty critism to draw from it. No need to lie.

rsknight1
06-08-2006, 11:00 AM
"Next batter..."

Jumper Bones
06-08-2006, 11:03 AM

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/nm/20060608/2006_06_08t105036_450x323_us_iraq_zarqawi_reaction .jpg?x=380&y=272&sig=qzGt3Iw381iAbVCYpacdNQ--

I don't know either, but is that enough?

I guess similarly to Uday and Qusay, they didn't surround the house and pump in tear gas and yell over the PA "COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP". Didn't want the target to sneak out somehow. Just start shooting...

Blurred
06-08-2006, 11:04 AM
The same people crying about our soldiers dying in Iraq are the same people down playing the significance of this event. How predictable.

I'm all for killing people like him. Good work.

TJ.Brk
06-08-2006, 11:22 AM
This will give Bush, at best, a temporary bump in the polls, it wont last to long however, as Zarqawi was already being shown out the door.

And you know this how? Sure there are martyrs standing in line, but you all are missing something here. Zarqawi was deemed untouchable. He got turned in. Let me say that again. He got turned in. That is very significant in the scheme of things.

TJ.Brk
06-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Sandpeople build strong houses I guess.

We should hire them to rebuild the levies in New Orleans!

Dude Iraq is considered the founding region of modern civilization. And those little sand houses they build have stood around for thousands of years. So unless you know the tactical aspect of the operation and what was needed to accomplish it for all concerned. Please

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 11:31 AM
There was a bevy of articles a few months ago that Zarqawi wasn't nearly as important as we made him out to be, and that he was rather inept and out of favor with Al Queda leadership due to the fact that his tactics were hurting the jihadists mission in Iraq. I'm too lazy to wade through the Lexis Nexus database right now, I'd rather just sit in here an bullshit.

TJ.Brk
06-08-2006, 11:39 AM
There was a bevy of articles a few months ago that Zarqawi wasn't nearly as important as we made him out to be, and that he was rather inept and out of favor with Al Queda leadership due to the fact that his tactics were hurting the jihadists mission in Iraq. I'm too lazy to wade through the Lexis Nexus database right now, I'd rather just sit in here an bullshit.

I understand, but those articles were mostly propganda missinformation to try and keep down recruitment for Al Queda in Iraq and abroad, along with trying show the American public that he wasn't that bad. Which we know was false.

And from what a few friends over there have told me his ineptness has come from the net closing in on him. Infact the net is slowly closing in on all of them. Everybody expects instant results when it comes to this type of warfare. So untrue. Takes lots of time, but the clock is ticking faster now. This is a bigger step than people realize. You have to understand the cultural climate to appreciate how big this actually is.

brettf
06-08-2006, 11:39 AM

And here's where I stop reading the thread. Effing unbelievable...

Mott the Hoople
06-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Ah yes it is a sad day for the American Left as evidenced on this board. Let us hope Bin Laden can be spared and perhaps Stalin, Hitler and Mao can be cloned and bring back true joy to the masses. I mean thin em out. That was their specialty, right? :rolleyes:

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Ah yes it is a sad day for the American Left as evidenced on this board. Let us hope Bin Laden can be spared and perhaps Stalin, Hitler and Mao can be cloned and bring back true joy to the masses. I mean thin em out. That was their specialty, right? :rolleyes:

Ahhh, gotta love idiots who have to resort to such garbage to make a point.

Dexter Rutecki
06-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Try not to be so fucking stupid, Hoople. Virtually no one thinks this is a bad thing, it's just way too little way too late--but this inept war was designed that way.

TJ.Brk
06-08-2006, 11:44 AM
The next thing I'm interested to hear about is what Iran's remarks are going to be regarding this considering how they were helping supply Zarqawi's fighters. Should be interesting BS coming from them.

TJ.Brk
06-08-2006, 11:46 AM

Both sides do this on this board ML.

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 11:48 AM
It's usually the right that likes to bring up the Hitler and stalin shit though. Which is interesting, since it was Liberals who would up confronting these threats while conservatives wanted to hide their head in the sand.

And if you noticed, I was being nonpartisan in my first assesment of his argument. I just tossed the right wing stuff out there to jostle the argument a bit.....

Cono Este
06-08-2006, 11:54 AM
It's usually the right that likes to bring up the Hitler and stalin shit though. Which is interesting, since it was Liberals who would up confronting these threats while conservatives wanted to hide their head in the sand.

And if you noticed, I was being nonpartisan in my first assesment of his argument. I just tossed the right wing stuff out there to jostle the argument a bit.....

You must have never been to an anti war rally. i'm actually to ashamed to post pictures of some of the shit on their signs.

TJ.Brk
06-08-2006, 11:55 AM

I'm sorry but Bush has been called all of those things by the liberals or have you never heard of Al Frankin. On your other point I'm not going to get into that because it would turn into a political retoric Wash beltway crap, with maggots only arguing and not listening to other viewpoints constructively.

Rontele
06-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Dude, ML worked for John Kerry. You should pity him, not attack him.

Hacksaw
06-08-2006, 11:58 AM
yeah, he does

but they are fat ones that look like his mom

And have serious cases of PMS...........:p

06-08-2006, 11:58 AM
You must have never been to an anti war rally. i'm actually to ashamed to post pictures of some of the shit on their signs.

This just in: Anti-war rallies are attended by folks from the right and the left.

Post some of the pictures; they'll prove nothing except that the person holding the sign feels a certain way.

irul&ublo
06-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Observartions:

Forgiveness is God's job. I hope the motherfucker rots in hell.

Hey asswipe..."sand nigger" just shows your ignorance.

Zarquawi's death, while undoubtedly significant, does not mean victory or anything like it. Besides, Bush said we already won; anyone remember "Mission Accomplished"?

God bless our sons and daughters over there and the common people of Iraq.

AKPogue
06-08-2006, 12:01 PM
And from what a few friends over there have told me his ineptness has come from the net closing in on him.

Just curious who you are talking to over there. Just wondering if I have run into any of these guys at all?

MassLiberal

ah, but we were talking about people on this board. I haven't seen anyone accuse another of being hitler, or being tolerant of a hitler as quick those on the right.

People with crazy signs at anti-war rallies? please, even those that have outrageous signs are only representative of a small minority of the anti-war left. Similar to those that claim they are seeing black helicopters in Michigan.

Once again, it is amazing how relatively civil political discussions on this board are. Compared to the "hippy" t-tips, the exchange of ideas here can be pretty volatile at times, but generally one can get some pretty good points out of the madness.

Cono Este
This just in: Anti-war rallies are attended by folks from the right and the left.

Post some of the pictures; they'll prove nothing except that the person holding the sign feels a certain way.

I have seen what happens to the opposition at those rallies. Do your own search.

and I am sure that dudes post was just his opionion too. I did not start the generalilzation, not this time at least.;)

so whats your point again?

Stu Gotz
http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/2006/06/zarqawi-killed.html

Interesting note at the bottom of page. Seems the locals didn't like Zarqawi too much either.

"In the first official confirmation, PM al-Maliki said that Jordan has provided intelligence that was used in the raid on Zaraqwi's hiding place but he also stressed that tips from locals were the primary lead to Zarqawi's exact location and these were the information according to which the missiles were guided."

TJ.Brk
06-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Dude, ML worked for John Kerry. You should pity him, not attack him.

Yes I know. And I respect what he has to say and I'm willing to listen to his viewpoints without slamming him like both liberals and conservatives do on this board. Instead of using sound arguements we have a tendoncy to toss out insults instead of constructively proving our point.

TJ.Brk
06-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Just curious who you are talking to over there. Just wondering if I have run into any of these guys at all?

Some very close buds I used to be teamed up with. Most likely maybe you did meet a few by some small chance considering who you were assigned to.

The AD
06-08-2006, 12:07 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/WORLD/meast/06/08/iraq.al.zarqawi/newt1.azface.pool.jpg

Anyone else think it's a little creepy they've already got a photo of a dead Al-Zarqawi framed, matted and blown up to poster size?

If I would have seen that photo without a caption I'd have thought "oh shit, Pavarotti died!" :)

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Yes I know. And I respect what he has to say and I'm willing to listen to his viewpoints without slamming him like both liberals and conservatives do on this board. Instead of using sound arguements we have a tendoncy to toss out insults instead of constructively proving our point.

I can't really recall being slammed to hard by liberals or conservatives. Once again, things can get heated, but in general, civilized discussion generally breaks out.

TJ.Brk
06-08-2006, 12:12 PM

Anyone else think it's a little creepy they've already got a photo of a dead Al-Zarqawi framed, matted and blown up to poster size?

If I would have seen that photo without a caption I'd have thought "oh shit, Pavarotti died!" :)

No they had to get it out very fast to use the proper public propoganda effect. And the psyc ops people were very smart to put the picture in a proper frame as a form of respect. You would have to understand the culture there for this.

AKPogue
06-08-2006, 12:12 PM
I think we are doing Zarqawi a service by making this such a big deal?

Cornholio
06-08-2006, 12:14 PM
And have serious cases of PMS...........:p

It's worse, dood: They just have MS without the P.

Cono Este
06-08-2006, 12:14 PM
ah, but we were talking about people on this board. I haven't seen anyone accuse another of being hitler, or being tolerant of a hitler as quick those on the right.

People with crazy signs at anti-war rallies? please, even those that have outrageous signs are only representative of a small minority of the anti-war left. Similar to those that claim they are seeing black helicopters in Michigan.

Once again, it is amazing how relatively civil political discussions on this board are. Compared to the "hippy" t-tips, the exchange of ideas here can be pretty volatile at times, but generally one can get some pretty good points out of the madness.

On this board? You might be right. With the exception of the odd random wacko post. But who this guy anyway? Probably one of those odd wackos too.

And you are right again, The entire City of San Fran, berkley too, is not a fair representation of the entire left. All those bored trustfunders.

I have seen some funny video of opposition at the protests. Good entertainment. i am sure you know who I am talking about. the "other" bored trustfunders.;)

The AD
06-08-2006, 12:16 PM
And the psyc ops people were very smart to put the picture in a proper frame as a form of respect. You would have to understand the culture there for this.

So let me get this straight:

showing a photo of a dead man lying on blood-soaked concrete = bad
showing a framed photo of a dead man lying on blood-soaked concrete = OK

TJ.Brk
06-08-2006, 12:16 PM
I think we are doing Zarqawi a service by making this such a big deal?

I beg to differ. If he would have been killed while he was attacking a target that would be one thing posting his picture everywhere. But since he was attacked, and it was shown our net can reach your head. Well it gives the proper psyc effect.

TJ.Brk
06-08-2006, 12:17 PM
So let me get this straight:

showing a photo of a dead man lying on blood-soaked concrete = bad
showing a framed photo of a dead man lying on blood-soaked concrete = OK

In that part of the world yes.

Dexter Rutecki
06-08-2006, 12:18 PM
You gotta admit, the frame gives it that certain je ne sais quoi we all look for in shots of our favorite dead terrorists.

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 12:20 PM
On this board? You might be right. With the exception of the odd random wacko post. But who this guy anyway? Probably one of those odd wackos too.

And you are right again, The entire City of San Fran, berkley too, is not a fair representation of the entire left. All those bored trustfunders.

I have seen some funny video of opposition at the protests. Good entertainment. i am sure you know who I am talking about. the "other" bored trustfunders.;)

Who, the people in North Hampton, MA? It wouldn't surprise me, those people have different protests every week. I think some of them have those eraserboard placards so they can quickly change their message if they are caught off guard and have a "save indonesian babies" sign at a protest against ant farming in brazil.

Cono Este
06-08-2006, 12:22 PM
You gotta admit, the frame gives it that certain je ne sais quoi we all look for in shots of our favorite dead terrorists.

they pieced him back together for the press photo. same as uday and quasay.

cj001f
06-08-2006, 12:27 PM
http://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gif

Cono Este
06-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Who, the people in North Hampton, MA? It wouldn't surprise me, those people have different protests every week. I think some of them have those eraserboard placards so they can quickly change their message if they are caught off guard and have a "save indonesian babies" sign at a protest against ant farming in brazil.

dude, I cant believe you have not heard of these guys. hardcore neocons that go around all the protests and wave these random signs. they have a chatroom. You should go in there, just prepare yourself well for the anger you will feel. The anti war vidoe's are fucking funny though.

I saw them In SF at the first march. check out that video. I consider it comedy. www.protestwarrior.com

cj001f
06-08-2006, 12:28 PM
dude, I cant believe you have not heard of these guys. hardcore neocons that go around all the protests and wave these random signs. they have a chatroom. You should go in there, just prepare yourself well for the anger you will feel. The anti war vidoe's are fucking funny though.

I saw them In SF at the first march. check out that video. I consider it comedy. www.protestwarrior.com
http://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gif

PNWbrit
06-08-2006, 12:29 PM

Dude give some respect where due - the U.S. military has such an overwhelming advantage in picture framing technology it's something of which you should be proud.

Tippster
06-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Hey, they got his spiritual advisor and 5 other assholes as well....

DDsnake
06-08-2006, 12:44 PM
This will make zero difference......they probably didn't even kill the guy they said they did....it's propaganda........woo whoooo....big victory........what a joke.

Free Range Lobster
06-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Very true and...

PW3NED

I'm sure you'll all go pound one out later to that pic.

O'BRIEN: No, no. And we have spoken before, and I'm well aware of that. But at some point, one would think, is there a moment when you say, 'I'm glad he's dead, the man who killed my son'?

BERG: No. How can a human being be glad that another human being is dead?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/08/berg.interview/index.html

CUBUCK
06-08-2006, 12:51 PM
BERG: No. How can a human being be glad that another human being is dead?[/I]

I have a hunch many of the family members of those now serving in Iraq might feel differently.

cj001f
06-08-2006, 12:55 PM
I have a hunch many of the family members of those now serving in Iraq might feel differently.
http://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gifhttp://www.tavernforum.com/html/emoticons/DancingLemon.gif

Free Range Lobster
06-08-2006, 01:12 PM

hate

begets

hate

begets

hate

begets

hate

but im sure they're too fucking stupid to figure that out.

Trackhead
06-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Get a few more framed pictures of these freaks and we might get some cheaper gas.

Oil has fallen 1.7% to below $70 for the first time in two weeks after the death of al-Qaeda's leader in Iraq, where crude exports have been curbed by frequent sabotage attacks and instability.

An attempt at cynical humor

Blurred
06-08-2006, 01:16 PM
hate

begets

hate

begets

hate

begets

hate

Fuck you bitch. (that was a joke btw)

Free Range Lobster
06-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Fuck you bitch.

Nigga please.

http://www.callcenterscript.com/uploads/HappyBunny_01.jpg

(this too)

RootSkier
06-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Wow. That interview is interesting. Quite an impressive stance to take, IMO.

Free Range Lobster
06-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Wow. That interview is interesting. Quite an impressive stance to take, IMO.

What the fuck is he gonna do?
Sit around and cry every day?
Go on tv screaming "KILL THEM FACKIN SAND NIGGARS!!! WOOHOO!!! BUDWISER! YAR NASCAR N FUCKIN SHEEP YAR"

mr_gyptian
06-08-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm sure you'll all go pound one out later to that pic.

O'BRIEN: No, no. And we have spoken before, and I'm well aware of that. But at some point, one would think, is there a moment when you say, 'I'm glad he's dead, the man who killed my son'?

It's amazing how transparent the news organizations are about their hatred of bush and the Iraq war. how long did it take to get Berg's dad on the horn? 3.2 seconds?

cj, glad to see you watched DaveTV's emoticon infomercial. was he wearing the question mark suit again?

whatcomridaz
06-08-2006, 01:33 PM
hate

begets

hate

begets

hate

begets

hate

And all it takes is a minor disagreement, jealousy, or any other small infraction to start that cycle. If you are shooting at removing the source, I think you will need to remove humanity from the equation or just start passing around huge bags of weed.

seatosky
06-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Then why did'nt he?

"Zarqawi supposedly traveled to Iraq to have his wounded leg treated at a hospital run by Uday Hussein. In the summer of 2002, Zarqawi was reported to have settled in northern Iraq, where he joined the Islamist Ansar al-Islam group that fought against Kurdish-nationalist forces in the region.[8]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Musab_al-Zarqawi

Stick to the truth Seatosky, there is plenty critism to draw from it. No need to lie.

What Saddam may or may not have done about Al-Zarqawi is irrelevant. Was Al-Zarqawi a legitimate threat to Saddam at the time? I don't know, but the fact that he was fighting against Kurdish nationalists, who Saddam often killed in large numbers, makes me think that Saddam didn't have much of a problem with this guy.

The point is, there are other ways to eliminate individuals than flattening entire city blocks. As soon as you say it's OK to kill innocent civilians in your drive to eliminate specific enemies, you become the bad guys.

BSS
06-08-2006, 01:37 PM
The point is, there are other ways to eliminate individuals than flattening entire city blocks. As soon as you say it's OK to kill innocent civilians in your drive to eliminate specific enemies, you become the bad guys.

That would make pretty much any country ever involved in any war, anywhere, at any given time - the bad guys. :confused:

A novel thought, [and I'm not saying it's right or wrong...] but that's just not how the world works.

Trackhead
06-08-2006, 01:39 PM
The point is, there are other ways to eliminate individuals than flattening entire city blocks.

Yeah, two 500 pound, precision bombs. Sounds kind of funny. How precise can a 500 pound bomb be? Sure, it will hit it's target, and blow the fuck out of everything in the area as well.

Two to the chest, one to the head would have been a better PR killing than 1,000 pounds of explosives. In a perfect world.

Woodsy
06-08-2006, 01:41 PM
open your eyes gyp, Fox interviewed hiim too:

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Michael Berg, whose son Nick was beheaded in Iraq in 2004, said on Thursday he felt no sense of relief at the killing of the al Qaeda leader in Iraq and blamed President Bush for his son's death.
Asked what would give him satisfaction, Berg, an anti-war activist and candidate for U.S. Congress, said, "The end of the war and getting rid of George Bush." The United States said its aircraft killed Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the insurgent leader who masterminded the death of hundreds in suicide bombings and was blamed for the videotaped beheading of Nick Berg, a U.S. contractor, and other captives.

"I don't think that Zarqawi is himself responsible for the killings of hundreds of thousands of people in Iraq," Berg said in a combative television interview with the U.S. Fox News network. "I think George Bush is.
"George Bush is the one that invaded this country, George Bush is the one that destabilized it so that Zarqawi could get in, so that Zarqawi had a need to get in, to defend his region of the country from American invaders."
Berg said Bush was to blame for the torture of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. soldiers at Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad. "Yeah, like George Bush didn't OK the torture and death and rape of people in the Abu Ghraib prison for which my son was killed in retaliation?" he told his Fox interviewers.

DaveTV
06-08-2006, 01:42 PM
cj, glad to see you watched DaveTV's emoticon infomercial. was he wearing the question mark suit again?
That really bugs you, huh? Maybe someday we'll teach you how to do it, Private Gyptian http://www.alienripper.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/Emoticon___Animated___Soldier.gif

seatosky
06-08-2006, 01:49 PM
That would make pretty much any country ever involved in any war, anywhere, at any given time - the bad guys. :confused:

Possibly... but again it's irrelevant, as the USA were the bad guys as soon as they started a war of aggression. This just worsens the whole situation.

Oh right I forgot, in order to free the Iraqis you have to kill as many of them as possible. Maybe, just maybe, if the USA can't get rid of its enemies in Iraq without killing shitloads of civilians, they should just pack up and leave.

Trackhead
06-08-2006, 01:50 PM

http://www.thewildliferanch.com/images/whitetail016.jpg

Let's go huntin................

mrw
06-08-2006, 01:56 PM
words I'd like to hear...

Bush: : Well,that's it then, our work here is done, let's get the fuck out

MacDaddy
06-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey ALL Spearhead and Michael Franti are playing for FREE at the Twilight Concert Series in the Gallivan Plaza July 6th
who's in?

KILLING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FUCKING FOR VIRGINITY

cj001f
06-08-2006, 02:01 PM
That really bugs you, huh?
It's like homosexuality and illegal immigrants Dave, they really turn Gyptian on - but he can't admit it. Poor guy :tdo13:

Cono Este
06-08-2006, 02:07 PM
I just turned on the tv, now I know what everyone in here watching fox news all day is talking about. what a circus.

mr_gyptian
06-08-2006, 02:19 PM
It's like homosexuality and illegal immigrants Dave, they really turn Gyptian on - but he can't admit it. Poor guy :tdo13:

more emoticons. nice. there should be a forum where you guys can only speak/post emoticonese.

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 02:21 PM
This is the kind of bullshit I'm talking about. Republicans always pull this "democrats want the terrorists to win" bullshit:

The head of the NJ Republican Party:

"We owe a debt of gratitude to the men and women of our military for having eliminated one of the top masterminds of the Al Queda terrorist organization that was responsible for 9/11 and countless other murderous acts around globe. Their triumph marks a significant moment in the war against terror.

"However, this moment also provides a clear and compelling reminder of why Bob Menendez should not be sitting in the United States Senate. If Bob Menendez had his way, Zarqawi would still be leading a campaign of car bombings, assassinations, suicide attacks, kidnapping and beheadings in order to make Iraq a safe haven from which al Qaeda could continue its war against freedom and the American way of life. If Bob Menendez had his way, Mr. Zarqawi would be alive and plotting the next attack on America, Great Britain, Canada or who knows where." :nonono2: :nonono2:

mr_gyptian
06-08-2006, 02:29 PM
This is the kind of bullshit I'm talking about. Republicans always pull this "democrats want the terrorists to win" bullshit:

The head of the NJ Republican Party:

:nonono2: :nonono2:

Not necessarily going for the other side, just not supporting ours. Is that easier on your ears ML?

freshies
06-08-2006, 02:38 PM
as nbc news (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4431601/) reported back in 2004, U.S. military planners drew up plans to take out Zarqawi three times in 2002 and 2003, but the Bush administration killed the plans each time. Why? Because, military officials told NBC, the Bush administration feared that destroying Zarqawi's terrorist camp in Iraq "could undercut its case for war against Saddam."

that is fackin sad and outrageous, isn't it? man, makes you mad.

MassLiberal
06-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Wow, freshies, you couldn't have quoted that story at a more convenient time.

freshies
06-08-2006, 03:02 PM
The reality of the situation is that there in no military solution to Iraq. None. Not now, not ever. It's a political problem, not a military one. Our troops have done the best they can in a bad situation - god bless them all. But it's time to admit that you can't wage war on an ideology with bombs and troops and that you can't stop a civil war between several religous factions that has been around for thousands of years.

Jumper Bones
06-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah, two 500 pound, precision bombs. Sounds kind of funny. How precise can a 500 pound bomb be? Sure, it will hit it's target, and blow the fuck out of everything in the area as well.

Two to the chest, one to the head would have been a better PR killing than 1,000 pounds of explosives. In a perfect world.

As I said earlier, you can be pretty sure this wasn't pre-planned - somebody sold Zarqawi, and since he is such a high-priority target, the quickest means of getting him was called up - which happened to be the Close Air Support-missioned F-16s, operating out of Balad AB, that were orbiting somewhere in that airspace. Their loadout for this work is usually JDAM bombs, since they're GPS-guided they don't require someone on the ground to be "lasing" the target with an illumination laser. All you have to do is punch in the coordinates. That way if an Army unit gets into a situation and needs air support, they just call it up, activate the "killbox" (Iraq is broken down in a grid), and vector the fighters in. I've operated out of Balad a fair bit myself, so I've seen firsthand how it works. Plus, this douchebag was a high-priority target, the bounty on his head was nearly as high as Osama's.

Yes, the preferred means of killin' someone like this is up-close and personal, but considering how long this guy's been running amok and how much damage he personally has been responsible for (read: how many other Iraqi civilians he and his fellow jihadists have murdered, or people he has personally fucking beheaded, besides just Nick Berg), the best way to ensure he doesn't escape is something like this.
Also:

Al-Zarqawi and several aides, including spiritual adviser Sheik Abdul Rahman, were killed Wednesday evening in a remote area 30 miles from Baghdad in the volatile province of Diyala, just east of the provincial capital of Baqouba, officials said.
I haven't seen many reports yet detailing extensive collateral damage and civilian casualties. I've flown over that land a fair bit and outside of Baghdad there are some pretty fricken remote areas. Hop on GoogleEarth and check it out, it's fucking empty. Ain't shit there. Also, in my experience flying around there, some of the "big" cities (such as Tikrit) are a lot smaller than you'd think they'd be.

Anyway, being a remote area, and being intel apparently good enough to act upon, this was probably the best way of sending him to go see his 72 virgins.

I can't believe some of you are crying over this assclown.

Jumper Bones
06-08-2006, 03:11 PM
TJ, my understanding is that Iran's support is not to the Al-Quaida and jihadists, but mostly to the pro-Shiite groups like the Mahdi Militia, Muqtada al Sadr, etc. I don't think Iran was a big Zarquawi supporter.

As for the uber-cool framed picture, Gen Casey could have just simply said "yeah we got that camel-fucker, who's next?!?"

Mott the Hoople
06-08-2006, 03:15 PM
The point ,which you obviously missed, was that they're all murdering scum. But then you were probably too busy deciding on which name to call me since you're much too emotional to debate the facts in my post. Heaven forbid The U.S. have a small victory in what is going to be a long struggle against islamo-fascists who want us all dead. Yes---even their sympathizers and appeasers. Remember what Mr. Hitler did to Britain in '40 after he got his ass kissed by Chamberlain in '39? Same game. World domination. Only this time it's based on a fanatacism that's stuck in the 12th century. Good luck "reasoning" with that. The only way to stop em is on their own turf. Not ours. Attack and stop em in their tracks. IMHO. Kudos to the Coalition and Iraqi forces.

06-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Jumper -- The media outlets are quoting the PR generals as saying it took ~2 weeks to put together the op and execute it...

That counters what you've said -- that it wasn't pre-planned. Do you know something we don't? Are the media outlets mis-quoting again?

Jumper Bones
06-08-2006, 03:30 PM
If this were pre-planned, the only reason I could see that you'd want to use 2 500lb J-DAMS would be if you KNEW nobody else was around to be affected by the blast as well, and you wanted to smite the fucker from the earth. And at that point, why not use the 2,000lb versions? Usually a Laser-Guided Bomb would be better, as they are slightly more accurate (3-4 feet) than a GPS munition (10-12 feet). That said, his body looked awful good for 1000 lbs of HE going off on him. Maybe they had some super-sneaky kind of new, anti-personnel bomb.

But I think what they mean about this being two-week effort was that it was a two-week hunt of putting the intel pieces together to assemble a puzzle. I guess they found him by following his spiritual guru. That's how I read it.

Anyway maybe he shouldn't have pissed off so many people. Somebody in Iraq just netted themselves a nice little permanent retirement, starting now, in the country of choice.

The AD
06-08-2006, 03:51 PM
The media outlets are quoting the PR generals as saying it took ~2 weeks to put together the op and execute it...

Well, this certainly sounds a lot better than "well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while." :)

TJ.Brk
06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
If this were pre-planned, the only reason I could see that you'd want to use 2 500lb J-DAMS would be if you KNEW nobody else was around to be affected by the blast as well, and you wanted to smite the fucker from the earth. And at that point, why not use the 2,000lb versions? Usually a Laser-Guided Bomb would be better, as they are slightly more accurate (3-4 feet) than a GPS munition (10-12 feet). That said, his body looked awful good for 1000 lbs of HE going off on him. Maybe they had some super-sneaky kind of new, anti-personnel bomb.

But I think what they mean about this being two-week effort was that it was a two-week hunt of putting the intel pieces together to assemble a puzzle. I guess they found him by following his spiritual guru. That's how I read it.

Anyway maybe he shouldn't have pissed off so many people. Somebody in Iraq just netted themselves a nice little permanent retirement, starting now, in the country of choice.

Those type of bombs do most of their killing from the actual concussion rather than any shrapnel or flak. You could be a 500 meters away and they will still rock your insides quite a bit. The reason I say this is because it used to be I was the guy on the ground with the laser tag on the target for the bird up above. And you had to be somewhat close. Now luckily the birds can tag the target themselves.

rideit
06-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Word is that Jordanian intelligence gave them the scoop.

Platinum Pete
06-08-2006, 04:18 PM
haven't read the whole thread, but in case you hadn't read the interview with the father of Nick Berg, who Zarqawi is creditted with beheading, here it is:

CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien talks to Nicholas Berg's father, Michael Berg, by phone from Wilmington, Delaware, for his reaction to the news.

O'BRIEN: Mr. Berg, thank you for talking with us again. It's nice to have an opportunity to talk to you. Of course, I'm curious to know your reaction, as it is now confirmed that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the man who is widely credited and blamed for killing your son, Nicholas, is dead.

MICHAEL BERG: Well, my reaction is I'm sorry whenever any human being dies. Zarqawi is a human being. He has a family who are reacting just as my family reacted when Nick was killed, and I feel bad for that.

I feel doubly bad, though, because Zarqawi is also a political figure, and his death will re-ignite yet another wave of revenge, and revenge is something that I do not follow, that I do want ask for, that I do not wish for against anybody. And it can't end the cycle. As long as people use violence to combat violence, we will always have violence.

O'BRIEN: I have to say, sir, I'm surprised. I know how devastated you and your family were, frankly, when Nick was killed in such a horrible, and brutal and public way.

BERG: Well, you shouldn't be surprised, because I have never indicated anything but forgiveness and peace in any interview on the air.

O'BRIEN: There have been family members who have weighed in, victims, who've said that they don't think he's a martyr in heaven, that they think, frankly, he went straight to hell ...

You know, you talked about the fact that he's become a political figure. Are you concerned that he becomes a martyr and a hero and, in fact, invigorates the insurgency in Iraq?

BERG: Of course. When Nick was killed, I felt that I had nothing left to lose. I'm a pacifist, so I wasn't going out murdering people. But I am -- was not a risk-taking person, and yet now I've done things that have endangered me tremendously.

I've been shot at. I've been showed horrible pictures. I've been called all kinds of names and threatened by all kinds of people, and yet I feel that I have nothing left to lose, so I do those things.

Now, take someone who in 1991, who maybe had their family killed by an American bomb, their support system whisked away from them, someone who, instead of being 59, as I was when Nick died, was 5-years-old or 10-years-old. And then if I were that person, might I not learn how to fly a plane into a building or strap a bag of bombs to my back?

That's what is happening every time we kill an Iraqi, every time we kill anyone, we are creating a large number of people who are going to want vengeance. And, you know, when are we ever going to learn that that doesn't work?

O'BRIEN: There's an alternate reading, which would say at some point, Iraqis will say the insurgency is not OK -- that they'll be inspired by the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in the sense of he was turned in, for example, we believe by his own No. 2, No. 3 leadership in his ranks.

And, that's actually them saying we do not want this kind of violence in our country. Experts whom we've spoken to this morning have said this is a critical moment where Iraqis need to figure out which direction the country is going to go. That would be an alternate reading to the scenario you're pointing to. (Watch how Iraqi leaders cheered after learning about al-Zarqawi's death -- 4:31)

BERG: Yes, well, I don't believe that scenario, because every time news of new atrocities committed by Americans in Iraq becomes public, more and more of the everyday Iraqi people who tried to hold out, who tried to be peaceful people lose it and join -- what we call the insurgency, and what I call the resistance, against the occupation of one sovereign nation.

O'BRIEN: There's a theory that a struggle for democracy, you know...

BERG: Democracy? Come on, you can't really believe that that's a democracy there when the people who are running the elections are holding guns. That's not democracy.

O'BRIEN: There's a theory that as they try to form some kind of government, that it's going to be brutal, it's going to be bloody, there's going to be loss, and that's the history of many countries -- and that's just what a lot of people pay for what they believe will be better than what they had under Saddam Hussein.

BERG: Well, you know, I'm not saying Saddam Hussein was a good man, but he's no worse than George Bush. Saddam Hussein didn't pull the trigger, didn't commit the rapes. Neither did George Bush. But both men are responsible for them under their reigns of terror.

I don't buy that. Iraq did not have al Qaeda in it. Al Qaeda supposedly killed my son.

Under Saddam Hussein, no al Qaeda. Under George Bush, al Qaeda.

Under Saddam Hussein, relative stability. Under George Bush, instability.

Under Saddam Hussein, about 30,000 deaths a year. Under George Bush, about 60,000 deaths a year. I don't get it. Why is it better to have George Bush the king of Iraq rather than Saddam Hussein?

O'BRIEN: Michael Berg is the father of Nicholas Berg, the young man, the young businessman who was beheaded so brutally in Iraq back in May of 2004.

Jumper Bones
06-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Two different bombs destroyed terrorist’s hideout

Associated Press

Source - Air Force Times

Of the two bombs that flattened the safe house in which terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was killed, the first to strike was a type the Air Force has used for 30 years.

The second was a new weapon whose first use in combat was in October 2004 against — coincidentally — a building in Iraq said by the U.S. military to be hosting a “confirmed Abu Musab al-Zarqawi terrorist meeting.”

This time they got it right. An F-16C Fighting Falcon jet dropped both bombs — first a 500-pounder known as a GBU-12, guided to its target by a laser designator. It has been in use since 1976, mainly as an anti-armor weapon.

The second was a GBU-38, a relatively lightweight bomb guided to its target by satellite signal. F-16s based at Balad, just north of the area where Zarqawi’s safe house was attacked, have been operating with the GBU-38 for less than two years. Its smaller explosive power is designed to limit unintended damage.

Just last month a B-1B bomber launched a GBU-38 in combat for the first time, striking a target near Kandahar, Afghanistan.

The weapon types were described to reporters at the Pentagon on Thursday by Air Force Lt. Gen. Gary North, the chief of Central Command Air Forces, based in Qatar. North has the distinction of having piloted an F-16 that shot down an Iraqi MiG-25 interceptor in December 1992 — the first shootdown in the “no fly” zones that the United States and Britain set up over northern and southern Iraq after the Persian Gulf War of 1991.

mr_gyptian
06-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Wow, freshies, you couldn't have quoted that story at a more convenient time.

I mean seriously. How else could he have fleshed you out as such a intelectually dishonest person.

That fucking article postulates that there were both Al Qaeda operatives operating inside Iraq previous to our invasion. Not only that, but they had chemical weapons!!!!!

again, not so much against us. just on the other side.

freshies
06-08-2006, 06:03 PM
I mean seriously. How else could he have fleshed you out as such a intelectually dishonest person.

That fucking article postulates that there were both Al Qaeda operatives operating inside Iraq previous to our invasion. Not only that, but they had chemical weapons!!!!!

again, not so much against us. just on the other side.

what that story does is provide yet another concrete example of this administration's shamefulness, to play politics with our solider's lives, to manipulate the public's fear, all in support of their larger geo-political goals that are more tied to corporate interests vs. spreading "freedom" and "democracy" as they claim.

mr_gyptian
06-08-2006, 06:12 PM
what that story does is provide yet another concrete example of this administration's shamefulness, to play politics with our solider's lives, to manipulate the public's fear, all in support of their larger geo-political goals that are more tied to corporate interests vs. spreading "freedom" and "democracy" as they claim.

oh, here I thought the article said that Zarqawi, an Al Qaeda operative, was operating chemical weapon manufacturing facilities with in Iraq's borders to be used on targets outside of Iraq borders.

See I thought you guys said Iraq and Al Qaeda had nothing to do with each other. That there were were no chemical weapons manufacturing facilities in Iraq before we invaded. That "Bush lied about both and people died".

which is it?

by the way, atleast credit democratic underground if you're going to steal their stuff.

freshies
06-08-2006, 07:36 PM
please don't lump me in with "you guys" - i think for myself and don't blindly follow one party or philosophy, regardless of how inept they appear to be. sure, i lean to the left, but I would be just as vocal had a DEM President and his defense department known about this guy, had the chance to take him out, and held off on doing so to further their bogus claims needed to invade Iraq. Becuase of that, lots of people were killed and the insurgency has gained a momentum that can't be turned back at this late date.

I was critical of Clinton for not pulling the trigger on Osama when he had the chance. But what this administration has done is much more evil.

Tippster
06-08-2006, 07:43 PM
I was critical of Clinton for not pulling the trigger on Osama when he had the chance. But what this administration has done is much more evil.
Remember the whole "cruise missles shot at two sovereign Nations in Violation of just about all International Treaties that we are signatories to" thing? That was by Bubba, and aimed at Osama. Clinton nearly got tarred and feathered for that one by the "New Republicans."

Put the gameboy down and stop rewriting history with the revisionist Republican idiots.

Ripzalot
06-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Remember the whole "cruise missles shot at two sovereign Nations in Violation of just about all International Treaties that we are signatories to" thing? That was by Bubba, and aimed at Osama. Clinton nearly got tarred and feathered for that one by the "New Republicans."

Put the gameboy down and stop rewriting history with the revisionist Republican idiots.
umm, who's rewriting history?

Democrat and Republican politicians rallied behind the President. Newt Gingrich, the House Speaker, called it "the right thing to do". Mr Clinton telephoned Tony Blair and several congressional leaders before the strikes, among them Mr Gingrich and the Senate Republican leader Trent Lott.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1998/08/21/wemb21.html

MassLiberal
06-09-2006, 08:22 AM
The point ,which you obviously missed, was that they're all murdering scum. But then you were probably too busy deciding on which name to call me since you're much too emotional to debate the facts in my post. Heaven forbid The U.S. have a small victory in what is going to be a long struggle against islamo-fascists who want us all dead. Yes---even their sympathizers and appeasers. Remember what Mr. Hitler did to Britain in '40 after he got his ass kissed by Chamberlain in '39? Same game. World domination. Only this time it's based on a fanatacism that's stuck in the 12th century. Good luck "reasoning" with that. The only way to stop em is on their own turf. Not ours. Attack and stop em in their tracks. IMHO. Kudos to the Coalition and Iraqi forces.

Your sophomoric arguments only serve to show just how far your head is up your ass. You might want to educate yourself on world history prior to making analogies between Zarqawi and Hitler, as it was Liberal interventionalists, and not conservative Isolationists who finally dealt with Hitler.

Also, the difference between state actors (Hitler) and products of ideologies (zarqawi) is profoundly different. But the point is moot, since the Iraq war has nothing to do with Al Queda. In reality, Zarqawi was a pretty small fry in this whole operation, blown up in importance by the Defense department in order to mislead the public into believing that this mis adventure was about defeating terrorism.

In actuality, this war was nothing but a roll of the dice in the world wide game of international politics. The Neoconservative architects of the Iraq policy wanted to reverse what they perceived as the decline of American power and influence abroad. A victory in Iraq, they thought, would greatly strenghthen their hand in dealing with other, emerging powers such as Korea, Iran and Venezuela. Unfortunately, they were so wedded to the notion of re-establishing american dominance internationally that they destroyed age old alliances and trashed America's ability to act unilaterally in the future.

Celebrate Zarqawi's death. One less terrorist mother fucker to deal with. It is only to bad that the administration rushed into this was without listening to the advise of its generals, hurting the "war on terror" that you so desperately believe in.

Mott the Hoople
06-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Your sophomoric arguments only serve to show just how far your head is up your ass. You might want to educate yourself on world history prior to making analogies between Zarqawi and Hitler, as it was Liberal interventionalists, and not conservative Isolationists who finally dealt with Hitler.

Also, the difference between state actors (Hitler) and products of ideologies (zarqawi) is profoundly different. But the point is moot, since the Iraq war has nothing to do with Al Queda. In reality, Zarqawi was a pretty small fry in this whole operation, blown up in importance by the Defense department in order to mislead the public into believing that this mis adventure was about defeating terrorism.

In actuality, this war was nothing but a roll of the dice in the world wide game of international politics. The Neoconservative architects of the Iraq policy wanted to reverse what they perceived as the decline of American power and influence abroad. A victory in Iraq, they thought, would greatly strenghthen their hand in dealing with other, emerging powers such as Korea, Iran and Venezuela. Unfortunately, they were so wedded to the notion of re-establishing american dominance internationally that they destroyed age old alliances and trashed America's ability to act unilaterally in the future.

Celebrate Zarqawi's death. One less terrorist mother fucker to deal with. It is only to bad that the administration rushed into this was without listening to the advise of its generals, hurting the "war on terror" that you so desperately believe in.
You're quite good at quoting far left blogs. By the way, how is it possible to not be able to act unilaterally? Do you realize you make no sense or does it just feel so good to spout off and emote you don't care? Nice talking to you but now I'm bored with your paranoid rantings. Have a nice Summer. :cool:

MassLiberal
06-09-2006, 09:41 AM
You're quite good at quoting far left blogs. By the way, how is it possible to not be able to act unilaterally? Do you realize you make no sense or does it just feel so good to spout off and emote you don't care? Nice talking to you but now I'm bored with your paranoid rantings. Have a nice Summer. :cool:

ad hominem ad hominem ad hominem. Use some fucking logic in your argument. You obviously spend a lot of time listening to rush and hannity, as all you can do attack without adding substance.

Unilaterally? Our strength on the worldwide stage has been weakened considerably.

Tippster
06-09-2006, 09:56 AM
umm, who's rewriting history?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1998/08/21/wemb21.html
You're right - I shouldn't have said anything about the Republicans...

Just an example:

http://secure.mediaresearch.org/news/mediawatch/1998/mw19980907p1.html

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/thomas082598.html

mr_gyptian
06-09-2006, 10:05 AM
You're right - I shouldn't have said anything about the Republicans...

Just an example:

http://secure.mediaresearch.org/news/mediawatch/1998/mw19980907p1.html

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/thomas082598.html

Tipp, where in those links do the republicans object to Clinton's violation of international treaties? Additionally doesn't it say that Speaker Newt and his right hand man Burton supported Clinton's strikes? Not only that but if I recall they wanted more aggressive strikes. oddly they don't mention that asswipe Delay's objection to airstrikes of any kind on any nation.

Blurred
06-09-2006, 10:12 AM
DELICIOUS!!!!

http://www.stansholik.com/photos/food/tacos_avo.jpg

Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo
06-09-2006, 10:19 AM
DELICIOUS!!!!

http://www.stansholik.com/photos/food/tacos_avo.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMM....... tacos. Damn you, I was enjoying reading this thread and now you got me thinking about lunch, which is still an hour away. The least you could do is post a TR about Keller and those damn skeeters.

Dexter Rutecki
06-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Hoople, you're a complete idiot. I doubt ML went to any blog for what he wrote--it's common sense, logic, and historical fact. You may want to look into some of that, if you're capable.
But no doubt you'll stick to toeing the same, tired, partisan line that you have. Viva Bush-think (now there's an oxymoron).

Tippster
06-09-2006, 10:36 AM
I just had one of these:

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~gohoonhu/philly/pictures/fav/cheesesteak.jpg

Mr. G: You're right, and that's why I thought I'd amended my statement. Clinton was derided by many on both sides of the Aisle here in the US (see the "Wag the Dog" article) and admittedly praised by others. He was also almost universally criticised internationally.

My point wasn't to point fingers at Newt, etc. although it certainly reads that way. It was to show that saying "Clinton did nothing" is categorically false.

Blurred
06-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Hoople, you're a complete idiot. I
But no doubt you'll stick to toeing the same, tired, partisan line that you have. Viva Bush-think (now there's an oxymoron).

How ironical.

Tipp-that looks delicious as well. :yourock:

mr_gyptian
06-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Tipp, can you remove that pic as NSFMr_G?

Even pic's of onions make me want to throw up.

freshies
06-09-2006, 10:58 AM
is that a philly cheese steak?? man, those tacos and that meat sandwich-thingy both look good...

freshies
06-09-2006, 11:05 AM

have you read anything I wrote above? what would make you think I am some Gameboy playing, right wing idiot? You, sir, need to take the time to read my previous posts, and not just take one sentence out of conext and insult me.

Tippster
06-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Since yes I HAD read your previous posts it was more of a poke than an insult. I'm sorry your skin is so thin.

http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com/news/img/onions.jpg

freshies
06-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Since yes I HAD read your previous posts it was more of a poke than an insult. I'm sorry your skin is so thin.

http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com/news/img/onions.jpg

its' usually not, just feeling a little sensetive today....JK.

smitchell333
06-09-2006, 11:16 PM
THIS JUST IN

Al-Zarqawi DOES get 70 Virgins when entering "paradise."

Of course Satan forgot to tell him they'd be MALE virgin diabolic bastard imps of satan with barbed cocks and razor tongues who would continuously rape him over and over though out all eternity, oh well tough luck.